What's the worst place your cat has vomited?

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not my cat, but when I lived with my friend one of her cats would come into my bedroom just to throw up on my white flokati rug. It was a really high pile so was an extra pain to clean. But I think I should have counted myself lucky she wasn't peeing in my room I guess.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this thread.

I live in an old apartment building with radiator heat. The living room radiator has windows directly above it, with a wide windowsill. Those windows have the best "cat TV," as I live in the city, and they have the best view of city commotion. So, Willy spends a lot of time on that windowsill.

He has vomited several times while on the windowsill, and on more than one occasion, he vomited between the radiator and the wall below the windows.

The radiator is a permanent fixture, so it's impossible to fully reach behind it. So cleaning vomit involves using tools to scrape it out, from multiple angles and access points.

One time, I was nearby when he was starting to retch while standing on the windowsill, and I actually ran over to pick him up and point him towards the living room floor.

Has anyone else ever held a cat and pointed it where you wanted it to vomit? Lol, I am laughing at the memory of doing that.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With Casper the few times he has gotten sick he has thrown up in the kitchen or on the floor not covered by a rug. So he makes it easier for me to clean up.

Scooter however will find any rug I have to throw up on it! I have an area rug and a small rug by the front door. I have a long rug going from my kitchen to my living room. Plus a long rug in my hallway cause other wise I have hardwood floors. He has plenty of hardwood floor to get sick on. Nope he chooses the rugs every time! Sometimes I think he gets a kick out of watching me clean it.

heraymo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
on my back, i was not pleased and having to take my shirt off made it even worse (SIGH) what we tolerate for our kitties.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love this thread.

I live in an old apartment building with radiator heat. The living room radiator has windows directly above it, with a wide windowsill. Those windows have the best "cat TV," as I live in the city, and they have the best view of city commotion. So, Willy spends a lot of time on that windowsill.

He has vomited several times while on the windowsill, and on more than one occasion, he vomited between the radiator and the wall below the windows.

The radiator is a permanent fixture, so it's impossible to fully reach behind it. So cleaning vomit involves using tools to scrape it out, from multiple angles and access points.

One time, I was nearby when he was starting to retch while standing on the windowsill, and I actually ran over to pick him up and point him towards the living room floor.

Has anyone else ever held a cat and pointed it where you wanted it to vomit? Lol, I am laughing at the memory of doing that.
I sure have. Always while saying:

NO!! Not on the bed! Do that on the floor!

It's never on the hard floors. Always on something soft.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Throwing up on the bed is usually the worst. Lots of laundry to do then.

The other day Arnold threw up on my shorts. Often he runs when he barfs, so I have to track the trail though out the home.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's never on the hard floors. Always on something soft.
I've seen Willy start to retch while standing on the hardwood floor, a few feet away from my living room area rug. And then as he was preparing to vomit, he walked from the hardwood floor onto the edge of the carpet, as if he purposefully decided it MUST occur on the carpet.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Domino used to puke on my bed, just under the pillows, just as I would be wrapping things up and about 5 minutes from when I intended to go to bed. Instead, it became laundry time.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely the worst was on the bed. What I don't understand is why my cats act like they are going to get in trouble for being sick. We have never fussed at them over this. They can't help it. In fact, they are babied more than ever if they aren't feeling well.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone tried to puke on my bed the other day but I was able to grab him and toss him into the bathroom where there is tile floor. Sudden movement must have cure whatever ailed him because he never did throw up.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Penny likes to sit on the heating vent. This morning she was sitting on the vent and up came her wet food breakfast, mostly on the floor and partially in the vent. So I had to remove the cover and rinse it out and reach down there and wipe it up. Other bad spots have been the bed (on freshly laundered bedding) and all over the pole and base of their big fancy scratching post.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Not so much where as when... I have yoga classes with people both in my home and online at the same time .. In a particularly deep and meaningful meditation Nilah decided to throw up, very close to the microphone, half on the carpet and half on someone's yoga mat. It adds a whole new dimension to 'witness the sound experience.. do not be disturbed by it'... :barfgreen:

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny likes to sit on the heating vent. This morning she was sitting on the vent and up came her wet food breakfast, mostly on the floor and partially in the vent.
I can't decide what would be worse... Willy throwing up into a floor heating vent (if I had them), vs. what I previously described as him vomiting between the radiator and the wall, while standing on the windowsill directly above the radiator.

I was thinking about it practically... at least a floor vent can be removed for access below.

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On my pillow when I had to work late.

Sammie would also go for maximum puke spread. He would try to soak the largest area of the carpet as possible with puke. He is the reason I bought a Rug Doctor. He would scarf down his food, drink a ton of water so his puke really soaked into the carpet.

One morning I woke up and he was making "that noise" right next to me. I picked him up and pointed him into a towel.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that threw up everywhere, every day. The worst was in my shoe. 🤢

It was explosive vomit. I kept taking her to the vet because I knew something wasn’t right about it.
We did all kinds of tests and images, but couldn’t find anything more than inflammation.
She lost too much weight, and we finally helped her across the bridge.

The vet was very distressed that he was unable to determine her illness and asked to do a necropsy.
Turns out, she had a small mass tucked behind a valve point into her stomach. It was growing in such a way that it was hidden in all the images. Also, there was nothing we could have done for it at the time, even if we’d found it earlier.

I just wanted to share, because an occasional hairball or spit up may generally be par for the course, that’s how it started for my angel. But do keep track; if it gets worse, consult your vet.
❤

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to concur with someone who said I love this thread. Laughed and laughed at some of these stories of vomit. Would someone other than a cat person look at this and say that person is unbalanced? Laughing at stories of vomit?!

Anyway, here is my story. Mary, a tiny tortie could vomit with the best of them and had the ability to direct the final cough vomit up to six or seven feet away. So one day she started to cough and we knew a vomit was coming.

Two of our other two cats were peacefully sleeping, one in his kitty condo about 10 feet away and the other in front of the fireplace, upside down roasting her belly, that was hot to the touch. Both my wife and myself were sitting in our respective chairs, replying to some emails. All of us in the living room.

Now normally Mary (Tiny Tortie) runs to a quiet spot and coughs until she gets the furball up. Not today! She ran over to the cat in front of the fireplace and gave a cough, and then another and from a upside down position this cat leaped three feet in the air, landed on all fours running and ran for it with Mary in pursuit. My wife and I were both laughing so hard we almost fell out of our chairs.

Mary came back and looked over at the cat in the condo and started to climb the stairs to the condo, but Spencer (Cat in Condo) knew what was up and when Mary got within the target range of about 5 feet away, he jumped from the condo and headed down the hall to the stairs and to the basement. He wasn't taking any chances with sniper vomit cat.

We were getting concerned now, as Mary had never done this before. Remember, she would always seek out a quiet place and cough up her fur ball. Mary looked around and with no other cat in site spotted my wife laughing in her chair and headed with purpose in her direction. A couple of coughs later with I swear a cough that sounded like "DA DUMP" a projectile vomit/furball was on its way to its destination, squarely my wife's new laptop.

My wife managed to dodge the main lugie, but the brown pasty stuff was everywhere. I tried very hard not to laugh, but found that I too headed for the hallway and down the stairs to the basement to join the other two cats. As I was walking down to the basement I heard the word coward in the background. I didn't look at it that way, we were just avoiding the sniper victims rath. :biggrin:

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to concur with someone who said I love this thread. Laughed and laughed at some of these stories of vomit. Would someone other than a cat person look at this and say that person is unbalanced? Laughing at stories of vomit?!
Ha, that was me.

I love this thread.
I said that before describing how my cat vomits into the three-inch space between the radiator -- a permanent metal fixture that heats up and actually BAKES the vomit if you don't get it out in time -- and the wall.

He wasn't taking any chances with sniper vomit cat.
[...]
A couple of coughs later with I swear a cough that sounded like "DA DUMP" a projectile vomit/furball was on its way to its destination, squarely my wife's new laptop.
I swear, I LOLed when I read "sniper vomit cat" :lol:

I can picture that scene (the whole story was well-written and hilarious). I truly hope the new laptop was closed, and it didn't get onto the keyboard.