What's the worst place your cat has vomited?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night someone threw up on the throw rug in the bathroom, right on the edge of it. Six inches more and it would have been on the tile floor. Much easier cleanup! Now the rug must be washed.

But the worst was on the bed. I think it was Tiger. He got the sheet, the blanket and the pillow for my legs. Thank heaven that the pillow has a removable washable cover!

JADcc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In my shoe! Fortunately it was dry when I put my shoes on. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it was in there until I started getting a little sweaty several hours into my work shift. Yuck!

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha, that was me.

I said that before describing how my cat vomits into the three-inch space between the radiator -- a permanent metal fixture that heats up and actually BAKES the vomit if you don't get it out in time -- and the wall.

I swear, I LOLed when I read "sniper vomit cat" :lol:

I can picture that scene (the whole story was well-written and hilarious). I truly hope the new laptop was closed, and it didn't get onto the keyboard.
Thanks for your story. It made me laugh as well. Glad I could return the favour. And unfortunately the laptop was open. It took an hour to clean it. I actually took the brand new laptop apart to clean the keyboard as a separate item.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our Siamese cat Empress Wu was the sickly runt of her litter and always had poor digestion, so the fairly frequent vomiting wasn't entirely her fault. I was convinced, though, that she picked her places very deliberately, especially when we had dared to displease her! The most memorable time was when she threw up while sitting on a windowsill, and the vomit went right into the radiator underneath it. Fortunately there wasn't any sort of electrical explosion, but for weeks afterwards, the room would get a free cat sick scented aerosol treatment whenever we switched that radiator on...

Another time she was sick on a chair and my father didn't realise... until he sat on said chair. Wu, of course, was not bothered by his reaction. As far as I remember she just looked at him like he was an idiot for having done that. This resulted in my mother and I making up the following song (based on a 1900s music hall chorus my mother knew, probably from her grandmother or one of the eccentric great aunts she'd had growing up):

Where were you sick last night?
It wasn't your bed and it wasn't the floor
Oh-ho-ho-ho, I'm pretty sure
Are you going to tell your feller when he sits down
Where you were sick last night?

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well last night i wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it to the toilet in time so the first volley of vomit ended up in the bathroom sink.
While I was hunched over the toilet hacking up the second volley my girl cat jumped on the bathroom counter and started licking up the vomit.

Cleaning the sink was not fun. Definitely not a good place to vomit.

Last edited by a moderator:

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Under the bed. Bella will crawl under the bed to vomit. Now this bed is an old heavy antique bed that I gotta take everything g off of to reach the floor. And I'm small so everything is heavy. It really sucks.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Under the bed. Bella will crawl under the bed to vomit. Now this bed is an old heavy antique bed that I gotta take everything g off of to reach the floor. And I'm small so everything is heavy. It really sucks.
Put castors on it next time you move it. Then you can just roll it to get underneith (makew vaccuming easier too)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On my pillow. As I was asleep. And then I rolled over.
Livie as a puppy threw something up, and I realized it was an old cat hairball. That thing was twice-puked. :barfgreen: