What's the worst place your cat has vomited?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, weird thread inspired by a post I just saw but let's commiserate. :lol:

Abby doesn't use her cat tree any more but when she did she projectile vomited from the top and hit every single piece below her as well as the floor. :cringe: One of her favorite currents spots in between the bathroom and hallway and she always gets it in the crack that is difficult to clean. A little over a month ago she did it in an open windows and it got through the screen and on the outside of the house.

Let's hear your places! :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Usually it's the carpet, most of our downstairs is wooden floors but one room has carpet and I swear Carleton, as well as our past cats, literally drag themself across the hardwood and puke just as they get to the carpet. :flail:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
she always gets it in the crack that is difficult to clean
:barf: lol, the sill board on the floor in front of the slider door isn't perfectly flush to the door frame, and I've had both Poppy and Captain upchuck right there since it's where they sit to look out into the back yard. Impossible to thoroughly clean so I just try to get to it as fast as possible, and use a fair bit of enzymatic cleaner.

Oh, and down a heater vent one time :oops: :doh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually it's the carpet, most of our downstairs is wooden floors but one room has carpet and I swear Carleton, as well as our past cats, literally drag themself across the hardwood and puke just as they get to the carpet. :flail:
IMG_1423.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When Feeby was more mobile, she would always get to the carpeting before throwing up. She also always would throw up a bit, then move to another location on the carpet to 'finish'. Sometimes a third session was involved - in a third spot.

Now that she is on our bed most of the time, it is always on the bed or at the edge of the bed. Today, she threw up a tiny amount of liquid - right on and over the edge so that it also hit the box springs beneath. On a 'larger volume' day, she'd get the floor (carpeting, of course) too.

I think it has only happened once, but with her not moving around as much, she threw up down the 'crook' of the couch - the cushions are not removable...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
She also always would throw up a bit, then move to another location on the carpet to 'finish'. Sometimes a third session was involved - in a third spot.
I hear you! Abby is a very dramatic puker and will spin around at times while puking. A few weeks ago she pretty much got from one end of the hallway to the other. It was amazing to watch. :lol: Thankfully it was in the hardwood.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From reading everyone's replies, it "appears" Ruby is more considerate, or just needs more lessens in improving her vomiting skills.

There may have been a worse case, but the one time that sticks out in my mind, is when she threw up cat food she'd just eaten on my bed in the middle of the night. I had to get up, clean it off the sheets as best I could, then strip the sheets off the bed, and put clean sheets back on. Thankfully it was summer time, so there weren't blankets on the bed. But still wasn't a fun middle of the night chore. Course it could have been worse. I could turned over and laid in it. :lol:

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always on the hall runner or sunporch carpet. Last night it was a huge (halloweenish)YOWL, a leap off my bed and a hairy,food coated deposit on the hardwood floor below the bed. I was thankful .
I had an aunt whose cat ALWAYS ate her plants and then puked in the kitchen windowsills it was disgusting because half the time she did not know it was there and was impossible to thoroughly clean with the storm window brackets. Ugh!.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
She also always would throw up a bit, then move to another location on the carpet to 'finish'. Sometimes a third session was involved - in a third spot.
Yep! That's Ozzy's favorite trick. I have to follow him around to find out where sessions 2 and maybe 3 are.

I just had the worst episode ever. I went to top off the cats' water fountain and discovered one of them had puked IN THE WATER! There was a hairball, and miscellaneous food bits floating in the water. I was telling myself that at least it wasn't on the carpet but still, that was not fun to clean up. Thanks, cat. :lol2:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst was probably when i was little and one of the barn cats had morning sickness of placenta all over my ponys tack and blankets...

Really gross...

Kabuto has actualy got a special meow he uses to tell me he feels sick, then i can move him to the hardwood floor.

Old hector learned to throw up in the toilet or rather next to it. She was quite smart.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nobel takes home the reward (to his afterlife, bless him), when he threw up on the cat carrier, window sill and INTO the radiator (hot water heating) all at once. I did my best but the internal radiator is like corregated cardboard. Some of it probably lives there forever now.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From reading everyone's replies, it "appears" Ruby is more considerate, or just needs more lessens in improving her vomiting skills.

There may have been a worse case, but the one time that sticks out in my mind, is when she threw up cat food she'd just eaten on my bed in the middle of the night. I had to get up, clean it off the sheets as best I could, then strip the sheets off the bed, and put clean sheets back on. Thankfully it was summer time, so there weren't blankets on the bed. But still wasn't a fun middle of the night chore. Course it could have been worse. I could turned over and laid in it. :lol:
Yep, that happened to me, I rolled over in the bed and felt something wet and sure enough there was a mess of vomit there. 🤣😝

MsMKO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat jumped on top of the couch and threw up all down the side. That was a big mess to clean up.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my Henry was with us (he's at the bridge now :rbheart:) he was sitting on the top of the highest platform on the big cat tree. All of a sudden he stood up and projectile vomited. All of his dinner came back up. Our poor old dog (also at the bridge now :rbheart:) was sitting near the base of the tree. He puked ALL OVER her butt. Was she upset? Heck no. She never snacked out of the litter boxes like some dogs do but cat puke was the highest level of fine dining in her opinion. I ran to get stuff to clean her up but she inhaled it. I don't think a professional groomer could have cleaned her better than she cleaned herself.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this post! Every spot in my. Apartment has been thrown up on but the worst is my $80 scratch cat lounger that lasts 5+ years made out of corrugated cardboard. The vomit soaks in the card board. So, I turn it over then forget about it til next time. My cats love it

20230920_202550.jpg

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aside from the bed, on the one rug we have in the house, shoes, and right on the floor by our door (easy to step in that way!)... we have a bench with baskets by our front door/window. Since they like to look out there... on the window, wall, basket, bench, heating vent...