What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It didn't make it to 50 today...was 28 overnight and supposed to be colder tonight and tomorrow.Breezy too.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 36F, though tomorrow morning it should be a cold 28F. Yuck.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brr! That’s a seriously cold overnight temperature here. I wouldn’t mind temps that low except for what they do to y electricity bills.
Yes. The thought of this coming winters increased cost of Electric and Natural Gas will likely have me turning down the heat and wearing more layers.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. The thought of this coming winters increased cost of Electric and Natural Gas will likely have me turning down the heat and wearing more layers.
Yes, I had to do that this last winter - maddening, because I finally have a little convector heater that warms the air in my bedsit instead of just blowing heat at one spot. It sent my bill way up, though, and we’re going to be slammed with price rises in this state soon. At least there’s some respite during spring and early summer, and the unit I live in stays cool without always having to turn the fan or AC on. I’m very glad I’m not in Queensland now!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I had to do that this last winter - maddening, because I finally have a little convector heater that warms the air in my bedsit instead of just blowing heat at one spot. It sent my bill way up, though, and we’re going to be slammed with price rises in this state soon. At least there’s some respite during spring and early summer, and the unit I live in stays cool without always having to turn the fan or AC on. I’m very glad I’m not in Queensland now!
During the summer I had contemplated purchasing a New A/C and Furnace. Then the idea changed too purchasing a Emergency Natural Gas generator. US brand called Generac. As of late I haven't followed through with either purchase. The thought of spending perhaps $10k on equipment is keeping me second guessing. I'll probably kick myself later if I don't get the generator.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the summer I had contemplated purchasing a New A/C and Furnace. Then the idea changed too purchasing a Emergency Natural Gas generator. US brand called Generac. As of late I haven't followed through with either purchase. The thought of spending perhaps $10k on equipment is keeping me second guessing. I'll probably kick myself later if I don't get the generator.
Ouch, those are major purchases. I used to prefer gas for heating and cooking because it was cheaper, but the last two places I’ve lived haven’t had gas laid on, and I’m not sure gas prices aren’t going to skyrocket like electricity (and petrol, and food, and, and) anyway. At least where I live the cooking is done for us, so I only have to run the microwave a couple of minutes to reheat things, and using the community laundry is free (well, it all comes under the rent, but it’s not an extra charge).

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch, those are major purchases. I used to prefer gas for heating and cooking because it was cheaper, but the last two places I’ve lived haven’t had gas laid on, and I’m not sure gas prices aren’t going to skyrocket like electricity (and petrol, and food, and, and) anyway. At least where I live the cooking is done for us, so I only have to run the microwave a couple of minutes to reheat things, and using the community laundry is free (well, it all comes under the rent, but it’s not an extra charge).
Yes it's sad that price increases lately are continuing to rise in literally everything. I have greatly curtailed my driving to save on gas and car repairs. I find it more cost effective to purchase many items online and have them delivered.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's sad that price increases lately are continuing to rise in literally everything. I have greatly curtailed my driving to save on gas and car repairs. I find it more cost effective to purchase many items online and have them delivered.
I’m near enough to several shopping centres to do my grocery shopping at one or the other; luckily we have a couple of Aldis nearby, which are half the price of Coles and Woolworths for a lot of things. Delivery prices here are outrageous, and the big supermarkets won’t do free deliveries unless you buy a couple of hundred dollars’ worth of stuff - ten times what I need or could even store.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m near enough to several shopping centres to do my grocery shopping at one or the other; luckily we have a couple of Aldis nearby, which are half the price of Coles and Woolworths for a lot of things. Delivery prices here are outrageous, and the big supermarkets won’t do free deliveries unless you buy a couple of hundred dollars’ worth of stuff - ten times what I need or could even store.
I live in a town of just 8500 people. We only have 3 grocery stores too chose from. Most grocery items I purchase locally. Most other items I purchase online our out of town. All 3 grocery stores are within 3 miles of me which is helpful.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a town of just 8500 people. We only have 3 grocery stores too chose from. Most grocery items I purchase locally. Most other items I purchase online our out of town. All 3 grocery stores are within 3 miles of me which is helpful.
That’s very like the last town I lived in - more people (20 000 scattered around the region, I think) but only three grocery shops in the town centre. Now I’m on the fringes of a big regional city, which makes things much easier.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently it's 10C/50F, though the weather guessers say the temperature Should reach 29C/79F.

Status
Not open for further replies.