What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
2 degrees when I woke up this morning but -15 with wind chill.  High of only 11 by this afternoon.  At least the sun is shining.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
snow.... does not look all that bad from where my apartment is located.. I stayed in all day.. never left the apartment, not even for the mail!!

supposed to get 8 inches or so.. or maybe 12???  who knows. I will get the update at 6pm...

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now, it's 65F, very overcast and very windy.  We're supposed to get a doozy of a storm later, 2-4" of rain and we've got flash flood warnings.  The coast further south is supposed to really get hammered with over 10" of rain. Part of Highway 1 is already closed due to mudslides and after all the fires this summer, there could be more.  

On the other hand....the last 'doozy' storms that have been predicted have fizzled out, so we'll just have to wait and see what the rest of the day brings.  

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's in the teens here, and we got about 4-5 inches of snow since yesterday.  

Both of us are getting over being pretty ill so the thought of having to get out there to deal with it isn't very appealing. We get fined if it isn't cleaned up within 24 hours (supposedly anyway).  Even though we have a snow blower, we're hoping some kid comes by to offer to shovel. I have cash in the house, willing to pay so my fiance doesn't have to do it this time. 

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
it is 12 degrees with about 6 inches of snow on the ground....brrrrrrrrrrr

Will have to go out in a bit, to start the car, clean it off, and survey the situation.. may go to noon time mass at church.. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
it is 12 degrees with about 6 inches of snow on the ground....brrrrrrrrrrr

Will have to go out in a bit, to start the car, clean it off, and survey the situation.. may go to noon time mass at church.. 
:yeah: but with a foot of snow.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Right now, it's 65F, very overcast and very windy.  We're supposed to get a doozy of a storm later, 2-4" of rain and we've got flash flood warnings.  The coast further south is supposed to really get hammered with over 10" of rain. Part of Highway 1 is already closed due to mudslides and after all the fires this summer, there could be more.  

On the other hand....the last 'doozy' storms that have been predicted have fizzled out, so we'll just have to wait and see what the rest of the day brings.  

Well, we got our rain, almost 3 inches!  
   And I saw some lightning last night, too.  Our house is on a hill and we've put in lots of drainage over the years behind the house but even so, there was so much rain at once, we got some flooding in the back of the house.  We were up at 6 cleaning up water and we've got several wet floor rugs to clean but fortunately the water seems to have come through the sliding glass doors, not through the back walls, so there's no serious damage.  We're going to be cleaning up pine needle and other debris outside this morning to make sure the drains are clear, in anticipation of more rain that's supposed to be coming in around noon.  

It's warm, though.  7 a.m. here and already 64F.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The sky is deep blue and the sun is beaming down.  The problem is:  it's only 22 degrees F.  

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are at 41 degrees. Sunny and pretty outside. I choose to hide inside though. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
26 degrees and sunny.  Very little wind, which is the saving grace.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
but with a foot of snow.
YUCK!! was wondering how you guys fared.. We have about 6 inches.. and it is freezing still..it went cup to 21 degrees.. 

This is the type of weather that causes me to feel cold when I come in from being outside.. I never warm up after.. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is 59 degrees outside. I woke up and turned the heat on because it was "only" 67 in the house. Roll your eyes all you want. I'm FREEZING right now. I have on a hoodie and DH's furry slippers.

I am a giant weather wimp. I admit it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As long as you can stay inside with a warm cup of coffee, tea or cocoa it's beautiful.  But if you have to venture out please be careful.

They said the midwest is supposed to get dumped with a wet snow mix this week but they don't know how much yet.  Right now we're in a deep freeze, sometimes you just can't win!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As long as you can stay inside with a warm cup of coffee, tea or cocoa it's beautiful.  But if you have to venture out please be careful.

They said the midwest is supposed to get dumped with a wet snow mix this week but they don't know how much yet.  Right now we're in a deep freeze, sometimes you just can't win!
Well, thank goodness I didn't have to go to work yesterday!  My street is still treacherous in certain areas but the main road is open and fairly clear today.  The high was supposed to be 32 but I don't think it made it - last I looked it was 28 so those areas untouched by the sun are still iced over.  Hope they are wrong about more bad weather coming your way!  Meanwhile, hot chocolate sounds wonderful!  I made some cream of broccoli soup today for lunch.  Yum! 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
my cure-all for a case of the 'freezies"  is to have hot chocolate with either zambuca/peppermint schnapps, topping with whipped cream!! always a 'warmer'.......

Status
Not open for further replies.