What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of carbs doing self monitoring that way I could opt out of the drink but still have idea where I am. 90 after 12 hours so happy:)! Just had peanut butter and jelly. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had breakfast - 1 turkey sausage, 2 stalks celery, 1 slice smoked gouda cheese. 1 oz. half and half, and in a mock not quite the same as bullet-proof coffee, had 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter in my decaf.  Yum.
One of my unconventional breakfast days (I only eat eggs for breakfast 3 days at the most, per week).

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I love brown sugar. I HATE oatmeal but I was told it is good for keeping your blood pressure down so I am making myself eat it.
I heard apples were good for keeping blood pressure down too so if you can't face the oatmeal you could try apples?  Oatmeal is good for all sorts of other things too though, like lowering cholestorol, maintaining even blood sugar levels, fibre, and vitamins. One healthy food I could actually eat every day I'm pleased to say, very unusual! 

I cooked my wholemeal noodles with mixed vegetables and cashew nuts again.  Then I had a slice of low fat chocolate sponge cake my house guest made last night.  It was lovely. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had breakfast - 1 turkey sausage, 2 stalks celery, 1 slice

smoked gouda cheese. 1 oz. half and half, and in a mock not quite the same as bullet-proof coffee, had 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter in my decaf.  Yum.
One of my unconventional breakfast days (I only eat eggs for breakfast 3 days at the most, per week).
Butter in your coffee?
2 years ago when I went to England and stayed with my sister for 10 days I had 3 soft boiled eggs every morning. Yum

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I heard apples were good for keeping blood pressure down too so if you can't face the oatmeal you could try apples?  Oatmeal is good for all sorts of other things too though, like lowering cholestorol, maintaining even blood sugar levels, fibre, and vitamins. One healthy food I could actually eat every day I'm pleased to say, very unusual! 

I cooked my wholemeal noodles with mixed vegetables and cashew nuts again.  Then I had a slice of low fat chocolate sponge cake my house guest made last night.  It was lovely. 
I might try apples. Right now, the thought of apples doesn't sound good but that can change pretty quickly. I am trying to make myself eat oatmeal and bananas to be healthy for the baby. Aimee steals my bananas every time I try to eat them though. 

I had celery and carrots dipped in french onion veggie dip as a snack.

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having 1/2 cucumber and a tomato cut with some thousand island dressing and noodles alfredo.  It is so nice to not have stomach issues anymore!  I been eating so much that normaly would leave me in bathroom for a bit. 

I so want a banana tried before but so under ripe.  And I was in Aldi today too:(  That was first food Mom gave me and she said I ate SO much she had to cut me off for fear I would get sick.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am having 1/2 cucumber and a tomato cut with some thousand island dressing and noodles alfredo.  It is so nice to not have stomach issues anymore!  I been eating so much that normaly would leave me in bathroom for a bit. 

I so want a banana tried before but so under ripe.  And I was in Aldi today too:(  That was first food Mom gave me and she said I ate SO much she had to cut me off for fear I would get sick.
I can't wait until I can eat and not feel sick. I'm SO hungry all the time but food upsets my stomach...but so does not eating.

Bananas were the first thing I gave my daughter (besides baby cereal). She loved it then and she still does. I tried eating a banana twice today and she took it out of my hand and ate it both times. I'm trying to avoid the leg cramps I had when pregnant with her and I've heard bananas help.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do help greatly.  I get leg cramps at times and they are the kind you can not move to try and walk it out.  I used to get them as a young teen and they terrified me as usually I would be semi asleep and paralyzed. I used to make it worse by being so afraid to sleep when I finally fell asleep I was so burnt that it would happen.

Lol how cute she is! I can just see her going up.  what can you say shes eating well!:)

I swear by the B6 helping MS.  I just am afraid that it may support a non viable pregnancy longer then if I was not taking it...

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butter in your coffee?
2 years ago when I went to England and stayed with my sister for 10 days I had 3 soft boiled eggs every morning. Yum
Yep...though real "bulletproof coffee" involves a trademark and a brand of coffee + here is an article about it (I had forgotten I'd heard of others putting butter in coffee...):
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401262/Should-I-Drink-Bulletproof-Coffee.html
basically, the folks who I hear talking about it use extra virgin coconut oil, unsalted butter and coffee whirled together to make this.  I didn't want the calories from the coconut oil, so just popped in some butter.  I don't do so often, but since it was so good...I just might start again :)

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a bowl of macadamia nuts and almonds. I hadn't eaten enough for the day ( I know! How shocking!) so I'm having a bedtime snack.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast - 1 Kale, Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Frittata Cup (took a recipe and fiddled with it...fun!) and 1 strip low sodium, sugar free bacon.  Decaf with 1 oz. half and half.  I finally saw a new one day low this morning..first time since early February..I'm pumped!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I might try apples. Right now, the thought of apples doesn't sound good but that can change pretty quickly. I am trying to make myself eat oatmeal and bananas to be healthy for the baby. Aimee steals my bananas every time I try to eat them though. 

I had celery and carrots dipped in french onion veggie dip as a snack.
I think I've loved bananas from my first taste as a toddler and still love them - but not cooked! Hate banana loaf or anything like that. 
   neat banana, banana and custard, mashed banana with a bit of milk and sugar or maple syrup, banana on a roll.  Now I want a banana and don't have any left. 
    Just remembered how my niece likes oatmeal, she coats her boiled potatoes in fine oatmeal, she's done this since she was really little.  I think it was something her mom used to do to try and get her to eat better because she was SO fussy!  You can use rolled oatmeal as a topping ever stewed fruit too; you mix it with a little butter and brown sugar, sprinkle over the fruit, then bake it in the oven till the oatmeal browns.  Sadly I guess the butter and sugar make it less of a health option. 

I had a square of left over chocolate cake my house guest made the other day - it is (was) still nice. 

Status
Not open for further replies.