What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andieg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow - you brought back childhood memories. haven't had any pumpernickel bread in years and years and years!

Used to love going to the bakery for my mom and eating the two heels on the way home!

andieg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Holiday Season brings out the sweet tooth in us (I guess just about everyone)  - I made lemon bars over the weekend.

I had made chocolate chunk scone for hubby. I made my gluten free (white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthum) and dairy free (almond milk cream) and sugar free (raw honey) with pecans and carob chips. dough came out more like a danish but still good.

Yesterday was pizza day - I hadn't had any in ages (having lived in NY most of my life pizza anywhere else doesn't compare) - but with my new way of eating I got a Papa Murphy's gluten free thin crust with spinach and bacon and put Daiya cheese on it. Satisfied my craving.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, wow, our son has always been a huge pumpernickel fan, too. He was always after me to make pumpernickel bread for him. And Andie, one of my paternal aunts used to always call the bread crusts "heels". I had never heard them called that before as we just called them crusts. Your post really brought that back to me. Thank you. 

Bonepicker, hope you're feeling better today.

mickNsnicks2mom, I love sweet and sour pork! I don't make it as often as I used to, but it used to be a favorite around here.

I had a bowl of Four Cheese Cheez-its last night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good did you make it yourself?
yes, i made it in my slow cooker. here's a link to the recipe i used -- http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotporkandham/r/cpweekly13.htm    the only things i did different from the recipe are that i used multicolored sweet bell pepper strips instead of the green bell pepper, and i increased the cornstarch to 2 1/2 tablespoons and decreased the water to 1/8 cup. the changes to the amounts of cornstarch and water were because the first time i made the recipe the sauce was more runny/watery than it should have been.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my unconventional breakfasts - forgot to ask my cardiologist to order a cholesterol check, so until that is done, I'm still limiting my egg intake (which I think is bunk but I have to prove it..lol).  So...I had 1 turkey Italian sausage, 1 stalk celery, 1 thin slice cheddar cheese. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee. (I microwaved all 3 so it was nice melted cheese atop the sliced celery and then the warm sausage..yum).

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I ate a moderately large slab of vanila halva about an hour ago but there is a vegetable lasagne in the oven so I will have proper food in about another hour's time.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Halve! Bah! ! Bad For Your teeth as well unless you clean them straight away.
It's 9.20pm. I haven't eaten yet. Soon I will.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
salad, baked chicken breast, small amount red cabbage, piece of homemade scfincione, coffee and 1 homemade Hungarian nut rolls (all within my calorie limit but bad re number of carbs.  I'm being bad!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.