What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember when I was little I would bake the scraps of pie dough when my mom made pies.  I would sprinkle sugar on it when it first came out of the oven and eat it like cookies.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made four dozen home made Pumpkin Muffins from my family recipe book, had to eat one to make sure they came out right! It was my first time makling them.

My mom made these all the time when I was a kid. I was never a fan of pumpkin things, ESPECIALLY pumpkin pie. But these, probably the only pumpkin food I like.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And here is the recipe incase anyone would like to bake them! (I personally exclude the raisins because I don't like them).

You will need:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 + 1/2 cups vegetable oil (can substitute with apple sauce- better for you)
1 + 3/4 cups (one small can) pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups raisins if desired (sultana raisins are the best)

Beat eggs slightly. Add the sugar, oil ( or apple sauce),pumpkin and beat thoroughly.

Add the dry ingredients together in another bowl, mix together. Then mix into the pumpkin mixture, mix until smooth.

Add the raisins if desired.

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and sprinkle the tops with brown sugar.

Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes then remove from the tins.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have been taste testing as I cook for two days. The last thing I tried was baked beans.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mmmmm, home made baked beans, hope they tasted good.  

I just had about 1/3 of a packet of little crostini with oregano.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've now called it quits for the day and I'm having whiskey.

The baked beans turned out pretty good. It was my first time trying them. This is the base recipe:

http://www.yankeemagazine.com/recipe/maple-baked-beans-3
I had a couple shots of tequila when I got home today! Just because I could! Got home, walked in the house, fed the cats, headed to the cabinet, took my shots, and now I'm ready for bed. I should sleep well tonight. 

Those pumpkin muffins look good, Alyssa! And Karen, your baked beans sound pretty good, too.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be the weather. I'm in a bubble bath and I'm having a beer. It was a toss up between a beer or a screwdriver. Beer wins cause oj gives me heartburn.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I had macaroni cheese for my tea a while ago and now tucking in to some flat bread snacks that are favoured like Bombay mix.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What is Bombay Mix? It sounds exotic! I just had vanilla bean ice cream with fresh sugared rasberries.
It's yummy.   I'm sure it's a snack developed for the British taste though maybe not,  delicious spices like fenugreek, turmeric, chilli, and cumin on fried snacks of wheat noodles, peanuts, roasted green lentils and chickpeas.   These snacks have the same spicing but on crispy flat bread triangles.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
This tread is old but I want to join in the fun.
Today I had what I've been eating the past 2 days: BBQ baby back ribs, ham, and mash potatoes. I can't do this anymore but we can't let good food go to waste. It seems never ending. No more please! Lol

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This tread is old but I want to join in the fun.
Today I had what I've been eating the past 2 days: BBQ baby back ribs, ham, and mash potatoes. I can't do this anymore but we can't let good food go to waste. It seems never ending. No more please! Lol
welcome! glad to have you join us.

for the ham and mashed potatoes -- how about using some of both to make some potato (with ham) pancakes, make up the mixture then fry them in a skillet. it might make for something different, but that also uses up the ham and mashed potatoes.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Left over breaded chicken breast and cold baby potatoes for me.  If that sounds too healthy for MServant you would be right:   I had an Apple and Rice pudding closely followed by a couple of large scoops of ice cream.   I hadn't eaten anything since porridge for breakfast though and it's now 8 pm here.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A bit of turkey dipped into cranberry relish. Sometimes I think I like turkey and cranberry relish more so than Thanksgiving dinner!

Drinking my morning coffee now

Status
Not open for further replies.