What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's eaten all over Israel in pita with salad chips. I like it without salad with houmous and tehina with hot sauce. We call it shawarma. I have a Muslim friend in South Africa who ate shawarma in saudi Arabia when she went to Medina. I love the things put in with your doner.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look lovely but I don't mess with yeast.
The recipe uses instant yeast so all you do is measure and throw it in. The pretzels were so easy. I used to make a recipe where you had to let the yeast bubble up and it was such a pain.

I had a cheese string. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goldfish crackers. ;) Having my first cup of coffee for the day too. :eek: And it is almost 3:00 p.m. Been one of those non-stop days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios (Rick and I shared a banana).

Coffee right now

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mushroom gnocchi with parmesan and soda water with lemon slices.
Tasty but stodgy.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burrito from this new place that just opened on campus this week. Mexican-style, so carnitas with black beans, corn, cilantro lime rice, etc. They were out of pico, which is not cool. But it was pretty good. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 tin smoked oysters (drained), 1 parmesan cheese crisp (made of just cheese), 1 cup no-salt cut green beans.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Healthy Moroccan spiced vegetables with extra vegetables and a little mashed potato, closely followed by a large slab of millionaire's shortbread. 

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I sweeten my porridge with normal sugar and a splash of milk. I must admit I made it in the micro that day instead of on the stove, and it came out a bit thicker than normal so I had to add more milk than normal, that was how my dear Mum used to eat hers, Dad always has golden syrup on his. He makes the best porridge ever, on the stove top with just water.
Am currently lying in bed sucking on some liquorice toffee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick was hungry for something sweet, so he took a pan of apple dumplings from the freezer last night.

Had one for breakfast this morning with my coffee. (I made them back in October, wrapped them well, and  threw them in the freezer...they're still fine.)

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Winchester, I can remember you writing about you collecting all your apples and what you were doing with them. Do you still have many left?

Just had some toast for my tea.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rick was hungry for something sweet, so he took a pan of apple dumplings from the freezer last night.

Had one for breakfast this morning with my coffee. (I made them back in October, wrapped them well, and  threw them in the freezer...they're still fine.)
:drool: Did someone say "dumplings" I LOVE dumpling anything. And those apple dumplings sound out of this world delicious.

A bowl of Healthy Choice clam chowder. My goodness, will this winter EVER END. :cold: :cold: I don't think so. :( I have stocked up on soups for the duration.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some cod with baby bok choy, with my version of a recipe for revolution rolls (I'm call these Savory Citrus Pepper Oopsie Rolls).  Turned out wonderfully yummy.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Stewball, I sweeten my porridge with normal sugar and a splash of milk. I must admit I made it in the micro that day instead of on the stove, and it came out a bit thicker than normal so I had to add more milk than normal, that was how my dear Mum used to eat hers, Dad always has golden syrup on his. He makes the best porridge ever, on the stove top with just water.
Am currently lying in bed sucking on some liquorice toffee.
I used to use water to cook the porridge, then sweeten with brown / demerara sugar and pour cold milk on to cool the porridge.  Then I started to experiment and found I like it best, and it tastes naturally sweet and creamy if I cook it in the microwave made half and half water and milk (and for some reason the water has to go in first).  Cook it up for 4 minutes in a really big bowl so it doesn't boil over, and leave it to cool until it is just a good warm temperature - not hot any more! Mmmmmm.  Delish' (sure it would ne just as good done on the stove but I'd have another porridge pan to wash)!

One shred of grated cheese. My daughter wanted to share some of her cheese with me. 
How cute, best cheese in the world no doubt  :-D   (Hope it wasn't ready licked though - I'm not a human mom and can't get my head around that sort of thing 
  )

Spaghetti bolognese with side salad, followed by half a little tart citron and half a little plum frangipani tart.  All lovely as cooked by a friend and not me. 
  Well the first course was, the pud' came from her local deli'.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 tin smoked oysters (drained), 1 parmesan cheese crisp (made of just cheese), 1 cup no-salt cut green beans.
I have never eaten oysters. I take it these don't slide down your throat!

Status
Not open for further replies.