What's Santa bringing for your kitty?

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you buy presents for your cat for Christmas/Hannukah/holidays and/or birthdays? If so, what kind of gifts do you give, and which ones have been the biggest hits with your cat(s)?

For Bud's first birthday I got him a new wand toy, one of those track toys with balls he can bat around, and special treats. (Those moist Blue Buffalo treats, which are expensive like everything else BB sells.) I want to get him something for Christmas but I don't know what to get.

Our pets don't know what holidays are, but I know they can sense when it's a special occasion, and they certainly know when we do things for them. I like to give my cat something special and remind him, "Hey Buddy, you're part of the family!"

macsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last year they got one of those long, crinkly tunnels, a new container of organic catnip, and some mice.

I had already picked up some plastic balls with bells on Black Friday for Mac, but he had been sick. When he got better, I was so happy that I just gave him the balls.

Sasha is getting some cat grass and I think Mac is going to get some kind of ball and track toy. I've been making toys lately and they like them better than store bought, it seems.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All the babies get their Christmas presents just like the people. I haven't decided what the kitties will get this year, definitely some more seafood Temptations treats to share and a new feather wand for Aria along with her new food bowl I have ready. She's finally getting a personalized one to match Maya's and Zoey's. I think Maya will be getting something soft and snuggly for her hidey corner. Not sure about Zoey yet. Her main interest lately is eating bugs....not sure what to do with that.

I already have a new leash and collar (nice leather ones this time, not flimsy fabric ones he can rip up) and a new toy all ready for my dog's stocking too :3

They're so spoiled. And they know it.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited that a couple of my sisters will be able to visit after Christmas. They want to take me shopping--literally might be them offering their vehicle so I can buy my groceries--but if it's for a gift for me, I'm hoping they would be willing instead to buy Robin an automatic fountain, as my budget barely allows for the basics.

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't bought my kitties anything yet but if I do it will probably be a new rod toy (the bird is in bad shape). Although those circular toys with squeaky mice inside:D look fun too if the budget allows.:D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course. They are part of the family

They are getting 2 of these:

This

and this which they already got and love. Well, the girls do. Henry's not a big toy fan. He likes his little catnip stuffies and mice. He'll get more of those.

The dog has zero interest in toys anymore so she'll get some of her favorite treats. More fun for an old gal.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited that a couple of my sisters will be able to visit after Christmas. They want to take me shopping--literally might be them offering their vehicle so I can buy my groceries--but if it's for a gift for me, I'm hoping they would be willing instead to buy Robin an automatic fountain, as my budget barely allows for the basics.
I got mine at Walmart for $20.00. The Boys love it and drink twice as much water than they did before! It's easy to clean... I just have to water to it daily and change the filter  every 2 weeks.

emilieanne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We bought cat grass and cat nip so we started growing and by Xmas we plan on giving our handsome boys some great fresh things to snack on :).

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
All my babies are getting an early gift this year - they are all getting regular kitty food bowls! We've just been using regular dishes for their wet food all this time, but finally decided to give them their very own. They just came in today, so excited to give them their food in these!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought them each a monogrammed stocking...and now to fill them with 'stuff'! So far, I bought them each a wand toy and little treat dispensers that look like mice. Of course, each will get a small packet of treats to put in the dispensers!  I also ordered some moisturizing cat wipes today for their fur and skin because Keeker is showing a bit of dander and I want to keep them looking and feeling good. They will probably get those early (as soon as they get here - hopefully in a few days!

Other than that, I have been looking at stainless water fountains. They have a 'cheap' one now, but it is made of plastic and, even though they love it, I am not happy or excited about giving them water in plastic. I'll probably keep it as a back-up (in case the stainless one breaks down at some point?) or I might donate it to the local shelter? 

Oh, I also have a package of small stuffed mice and balls, so they will get a couple of those in their stocking too. I am still debating whether or not I am going to put my little 3 ft tree up again this year? They had SO much knocking it down and dragging it around in the middle of the night last year, I might just surprise them! LOL

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure this year. I have their stockings up. They have shelving, trees, scratching post with hammocks. I get them toys and they are more intrested in the box or gift bag it came in. The only big hit is Da Bird. They will each get a replacement in their stockings. They do not like cat beds.The ones I have bought I gave away. Why would they sleep in that when they can have my bed and my furniture?

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I should buy them a 48 pack of furry bat around cat nip mice, our Pomeranian finds them and thinks they are a great find and chew them up. I would of

loved to get them a new cat tree or perch, but no funds this year, so likely cat treats and a can of sardines and a can of tuna. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
All my babies are getting an early gift this year - they are all getting regular kitty food bowls! We've just been using regular dishes for their wet food all this time, but finally decided to give them their very own. They just came in today, so excited to give them their food in these!

Paul and Chula have these bowls, only the red ones. They are really great as they are just the right size, good quality and look nice on the floor. Of course Paul and Chula would eat off paper plates - they aren't proud!

For Christmas, I hope to get them a cat tree. It all depends on a certain check arriving on time. [emoji]127876[/emoji]

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@misterwhiskers you might be interested in this since you are on a budget:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QGYY9C/?tag=&tag=thecatsite

It allows you to convert any bowl (or some use a pie plate) into a water fountain.

I've considered this myself just because it would be easier to clean than the water fountains.
Speedy has a fountain, but this looks like it might be just as good, giving the water a little movement.  The fountain I have puts out a very weak stream of water, only causing the water to move, so I think this product would do the same thing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From Santa, a new cat tree and a stocking full of mice and valerian (doesn't care at all about catnip).  From me, a new water bowl for the kitchen (the other three are nice already) that says "Tuna Breath."

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Paul and Chula have these bowls, only the red ones. They are really great as they are just the right size, good quality and look nice on the floor. Of course Paul and Chula would eat off paper plates - they aren't proud!

For Christmas, I hope to get them a cat tree. It all depends on a certain check arriving on time. [emoji]127876[/emoji]
My cats HAVE eaten off of paper places, lol. They'd eat off the floor too, but that would be messy. So funny, I was considering getting red and green ones, and saw a review from someone saying her cats would eat out of the green bowls but not the red 
 so decided not to chance it.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mogli is getting some Kitty Boinks and Super Kitty Boinks, plus a refill for his Neko Fly.
I never heard of kitty boinks, but they look like a lot of fun.  I am fortunate because I work somewhere where we get a lot of pet closeouts and I can get Speedy little toys with my discount also for only a few bucks.  Money is tight this season, so she would still love a little closeout toy, maybe she would just wish I would play with her more!  That is what I can give her!  More play time.  I am going to keep an eye out for these crazy Kitty Boinks!  I am loving all the responses.