What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband brought it in for routine maintenance and in the process they didn't put a gasket back correctly and it was leaking oil. My husband brought it back and they said it was fine, just residual oil. The puddle of oil on the garage floor on Friday morning was ridiculous, so I brought in in with a picture of the oil and was a bit stern at that point and they did find the error and supposedly fixed it.
That is great news.  I am glad you are so pro- active in dealing with your car, I would never have thought to bring in a photo.
 My dad is a retired mechanic, but from the days when cars had no computers, and sensors and such.  Much simpler times, but less efficient and more polluting vehicles.

They definetely over tightened one of the gaskets from the oil filter, or too loose, or even the oil drain plug....that would be my guess....but it is great that you kept an eye on it, and that the level did not get too low.

Also good that you parked it inside where you can actually see the puddle.
My bf took his daughter and friend out to dinner last night at the Rain Forest Cafe...fine dining for 16 year olds that compare mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers as the best food ever. I went of course. I had to translate "teen-girls" to him. [emoji]128516[/emoji] it was fun listening to them. Brought me back to the carefree days of not having to worry about responsibility. Adult responsibilities of course. Just made me smile a lot.
"I don't Speak mechanic"....LOL.....I love that.  I hate it when you explain the noises, and they find something "else" wrong which has nothing to do with the noise"..... It would be like "hey, my car is making a tapping sound"...."okay, ma'am....let's take a look at those tires"  

Actually now that I read this post, I am going to take photos and video with my cell phone whenever I get bizarre noises from my car, just to save time in explaining it. 

Ahh, yes, the carefree days of not being an adult.   lol.....Funny though, that when we were teenagers we couldn't WAIT to grow up, and now there are days where it would be great to throw "responsibility" out the window.
  lol   Especially, when the mailman delivers the bills.

My positive for today, would be reading these posts, I know that might not count, but I have a smile on my face from all the posts, from cars, to getting job interviews, quitting smoking, and listening to "good conversations"....lol  (thanks OP for starting this thread)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We'll see if it is actually fixed and how successful I was. :lol3: There was another spot of oil this morning, but I am hoping this really is residual oil this time.

We went out for a nice dinner with friends last night.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Twenty-four hours ago marked 21 days that I have been cigarette free after being a 2pack a day smoker for the last 30yrs

Congratulations, keep it up, I know it was the hardest thing I ever did! Feel VERY proud of yourself!

I can sum up my most positive thing easily, 79 degrees yesterday! ( after a high in the single digits last weekend) 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got notification that the job I applied for at UNC, I made it to the first round of interviews! They received nearly 60 applicants for 3 positions. Not sure how many didn't make it to interviews. *fingers crossed*
Best of luck to you!!

Twenty-four hours ago marked 21 days that I have been cigarette free after being a 2pack a day smoker for the last 30yrs

Good job, I'm so proud of you! 

kittenpants

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@cat nap I'm hoping to get it back in! The clunking noise is scary and just today I think I smelt something...rubber, burning. I don't know. I'll bring it in and they'll tell my headlight are out. [emoji]128516[/emoji].

Yes that day of carefree living makes me want to go back and not grow up and mom & dad took care of me! I cringe when opening the mailbox.

My positivity might be out of the box but it was good for me. I went to my therapist today and I felt a weight lifted off me. It's always nice to have a biases opinion. It made me happy.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! I know it can be done, quit in 2006 after over 40 yrs. The last years were of the two pack kind of habit. I am sorry I ever started and wonder how I loved it so much.
Congrats! You'll feel much healthier. !

Congratulations, keep it up, I know it was the hardest thing I ever did! Feel VERY proud of yourself!

Best of luck to you!!

Good job, I'm so proud of you! 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The money saved from me quitting smoking will pay for this new laptop in something like 6 months, including the accident level insurance I bought with it.  Not to mention, no further damage.  And I can run now.  I'm slow, but I'm faster than this recliner.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The money saved from me quitting smoking will pay for this new laptop in something like 6 months, including the accident level insurance I bought with it.  Not to mention, no further damage.  And I can run now.  I'm slow, but I'm faster than this recliner.
I know what you mean.  I figured with the $250ish a month I was spending on cartons of cigs I can now put towards a much better cause -- it will allow us to (much easier financially) keep both boys on a higher grade food and purchase pet insurance for both of them as they grow and move into their golden years.

And quite honestly .. At 52yrs old .. I am having some of the best times of my/our life.  Although nothing is guaranteed .. I want to live.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know what you mean.  I figured with the $250ish a month I was spending on cartons of cigs I can now put towards a much better cause -- it will allow us to (much easier financially) keep both boys on a higher grade food and purchase pet insurance for both of them as they grow and move into their golden years.

And quite honestly .. At 52yrs old .. I am having some of the best times of my/our life.  Although nothing is guaranteed .. I want to live.
What a great idea!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@cat nap I'm hoping to get it back in! The clunking noise is scary and just today I think I smelt something...rubber, burning. I don't know. I'll bring it in and they'll tell my headlight are out. [emoji]128516[/emoji].

Yes that day of carefree living makes me want to go back and not grow up and mom & dad took care of me! I cringe when opening the mailbox.

My positivity might be out of the box but it was good for me. I went to my therapist today and I felt a weight lifted off me. It's always nice to have a biases opinion. It made me happy.
@kittenpants,  "clunking noise", yes, definitely bring it in, may be something minor but sometimes if you let it clunk long enough, it wears something else out.  My van had some clunking only when turning, and it turned out to be a suspension part, sway bar end.  Not as bad as I feared.  Finding a good mechanic, one you trust, now that is a whole other issue.....LOL.....no offense to any mechanics out there. (don't start sending the bad cat vibes) lol                             
We'll see if it is actually fixed and how successful I was.
There was another spot of oil this morning, but I am hoping this really is residual oil this time.

@AbbysMom  , since you already have taken photos, maybe try to put a long flat piece of cardboard under the engine of the car.  This way when the oil leaks, you can atleast tell from what area under the engine its coming from.   For example, when my old car was leaking, I used the cardboard just to see how much oil and also from where, it turned out to be towards the crankshaft seal, so I did not really want to repair it since it would be major on an old car, but atleast I was able to pinpoint the leak.

I honestly never heard of "residual oil" unless they accidentally spilled alot while filling the car.  It would have been smoking though, while it burns off.

Hope everything goes well.  Just keep an eye on the dipstick. and other oil levels.

My positive for today was similiar to Di and Bob, it was a gorgeous 5*celsius, day with alot of sun, and the snow was melting,   What was even better was going to the store, and seeing that they had already put seed packets out for sale,  Yay, come on Spring!!  I did not buy any seeds because for me it is too early, but I did enjoy the thought of early Spring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@kittenpants
,  "clunking noise", yes, definitely bring it in, may be something minor but sometimes if you let it clunk long enough, it wears something else out.  My van had some clunking only when turning, and it turned out to be a suspension part, sway bar end.  Not as bad as I feared.  Finding a good mechanic, one you trust, now that is a whole other issue.....LOL.....no offense to any mechanics out there. (don't start sending the bad cat vibes) lol                             

We'll see if it is actually fixed and how successful I was. :lol3: There was another spot of oil this morning, but I am hoping this really is residual oil this time.

@AbbysMom
 , since you already have taken photos, maybe try to put a long flat piece of cardboard under the engine of the car.  This way when the oil leaks, you can atleast tell from what area under the engine its coming from.   For example, when my old car was leaking, I used the cardboard just to see how much oil and also from where, it turned out to be towards the crankshaft seal, so I did not really want to repair it since it would be major on an old car, but atleast I was able to pinpoint the leak.
I honestly never heard of "residual oil" unless they accidentally spilled alot while filling the car.  It would have been smoking though, while it burns off.
 Hope everything goes well.  Just keep an eye on the dipstick. and other oil levels.

My positive for today was similiar to Di and Bob, it was a gorgeous 5*celsius, day with alot of sun, and the snow was melting,   What was even better was going to the store, and seeing that they had already put seed packets out for sale,  Yay, come on Spring!!  I did not buy any seeds because for me it is too early, but I did enjoy the thought of early Spring.:Daisy:  
We did have a few more tiny spots on the papers - yes, I keep putting fresh paper or cardboard down to keep track, but I think it has all stopped now. :cross:

The weather has been nice the past few days here. :)

kittenpants

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I spoke to a friend on the phone for 2 hours yesterday. I haven't talked to her in 15 years maybe longer. Thanks to FB. We have lunch scheduled for next week.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I spoke to a friend on the phone for 2 hours yesterday. I haven't talked to her in 15 years maybe longer. Thanks to FB. We have lunch scheduled for next week.
Now that's pretty cool.

I talked to my GF from Texas last night for about an hour. I always enjoy talking with her.....there's always so much to talk about with us. We jump from one thing to another to another to another and then go back to what we were talking about at the beginning of the phone call. It's hilarious. Cats, graphics, music, cooking, you name it, we talk about it. I love spending time with her. (We would have chatted longer, but Rick was calling me, so I wanted to keep my cell free to talk to him. But she and I have been known to blow my cell phone's battery down to nothing, then she would call me on my house phone, so we could keep talking. I've never been able to do that with anybody else.)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first physiotherapy session today which has made my wrist jolly painful and I did the shopping for the week and my house was cleaned. And during the week I managed to clip all of whisky's claws. First time ever.
And now the two of them are sounding like elephants racing around.
How's that then.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first physiotherapy session today which has made my wrist jolly painful and I did the shopping for the week and my house was cleaned. And during the week I managed to clip all of whisky's claws. First time ever.
And now the two of them are sounding like elephants racing around.
How's that then.
@Stewball  , I was going to say that it all sounds good except for that "jolly painful" wrist. I hope it heals fast.

You got alot done, and clipping nails on cats is always stressful around here too....so good for you and Whisky.

I guess they both had a positive 24 hours, too.  

Its funny when cats run so loud.  My Spotty, sometimes will walk  inside a room too, and I will think that a person is up there because he walks so loud.  lol.

MY positive: Also,  Read emails  from two friends today, and it made my day. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get 1 or 2 emails a day from a friend and I so look forward to them.
The stupid wrist should have healed weeks ago but being as I know better I didn't see a doctor for about 6-8 weeks by which time the stupid bone had started to heal.
Clipping whisky was surprising calm during the clipping. I can't touch blighty yet for his claws

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l got my new beast today!! l haven't handed over the cash yet, we're meeting tonight, so it's still dealer-plated, but it's about to be mine. Such a relief!

View media item 207939
lt's the one on the left ^

Status
Not open for further replies.