What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Tanner to the new vet for the first time today, and l am so very impressed! l have decided to make the switch, and they're requesting the files from my old vet. l'm ecstatic that l found this place - and they were "accepting" of the raw diet. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Tanner to the new vet for the first time today, and l am so very impressed! l have decided to make the switch, and they're requesting the files from my old vet. l'm ecstatic that l found this place - and they were "accepting" of the raw diet. :clap:
Wonderful! I know the relief of finding a vet that I don't have to have nutrition wars with.

I found out that I'm precepting in the nearby hospital instead of being sent far away. I'm thrilled!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you! :clap: Are you and your husband doing anything special?

Feeling accomplished after I did a 2 hour round of gardening.
Thanks. We didn't do anything special. It just came around so quickly and then it was over. Maybe at 20 years we will!! I did a bit of craft today it was fun.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm done walking during lunch today, I will have walked / ellipticalled for 30 miles this week. 
(30 miles=48.3 kms)......WOW.....I have to start drinking whatever @Winchester  is drinking, because that would be like walking to another city for me, one way.

One positive for me would be that it did snow here yesterday, but that I feel stronger after shoveling it, and it was a good workout too. Plus, it does feel like a mini-accomplishment when the shoveling is finished. lol.

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I woke up to a small cat giving me a "bath" on the top of my head, purring up a storm and hugging my hand.  It was a marvelous way to wake up.  He (Mickey) does not usually show affection that way.  This was a breakthrough!!! It made my day and started this day off very nicely.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today - my morning allergies went away faster than I expected and I spent the rest of the day dropping off towels, beds, and bags of food at the local SPCA shelter. 

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to spend nearly 10 hours alone today with the cats. Oh joy. It was wonderful until the silence was broken.
Whisky let me clip 3 paws. I couldn't get to the fourth. This is the first time I've ever clipped a car's claws.
No way would blighty let me cut his.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whisky let me clip 3 paws. I couldn't get to the fourth. This is the first time I've ever clipped a car's claws.
Congratulations! 
Alaina will only let me clip her claws when she's sleeping and is too lazy to move.

Today I went to see a wonderful all-day art exhibition at the city fair and it was amazing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
[thread="270308"]....[/thread]
I think the car is finally fixed.
@AbbysMom....can I ask what was wrong with the car?....I like hearing about things getting fixed...lol.
My husband brought it in for routine maintenance and in the process they didn't put a gasket back correctly and it was leaking oil. My husband brought it back and they said it was fine, just residual oil. The puddle of oil on the garage floor on Friday morning was ridiculous, so I brought in in with a picture of the oil and was a bit stern at that point and they did find the error and supposedly fixed it.

kittenpants

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband brought it in for routine maintenance and in the process they didn't put a gasket back correctly and it was leaking oil. My husband brought it back and they said it was fine, just residual oil. The puddle of oil on the garage floor on Friday morning was ridiculous, so I brought in in with a picture of the oil and was a bit stern at that point and they did find the error and supposedly fixed it.

Ugh. Taking a car in is so frustrating to me. Of I don't understand anything. So when the gentlemen fixed something, I still have a noise. I don't know how much more u cN be specific as to what the noise is. Of the men in my life have no idea and tell me to go back. [emoji]128516[/emoji]. I still don't speak mechanic.

My bf took his daughter and friend out to dinner last night at the Rain Forest Cafe...fine dining for 16 year olds that compare mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers as the best food ever. I went of course. I had to translate "teen-girls" to him. [emoji]128516[/emoji] it was fun listening to them. Brought me back to the carefree days of not having to worry about responsibility. Adult responsibilities of course. Just made me smile a lot.

Last edited:

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got notification that the job I applied for at UNC, I made it to the first round of interviews! They received nearly 60 applicants for 3 positions. Not sure how many didn't make it to interviews. *fingers crossed*

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Twenty-four hours ago marked 21 days that I have been cigarette free after being a 2pack a day smoker for the last 30yrs

orangetux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! I know it can be done, quit in 2006 after over 40 yrs. The last years were of the two pack kind of habit. I am sorry I ever started and wonder how I loved it so much. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.