What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry.
I hope so too. While it's nice being pampered, one can have too much of a good thing.
It's my fault. Had I not waited 6-8 weeks before going to the doctor I'd have been in plaster and quicker healing. And madedsome muscles in my left arm at the same time.
:-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got some of the mud and salt from the Winter off the truck. :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
My dental appointment was cancelled.
ah, @jcat ...dumb question here...but is going to the dentist a bad thing?? Shouldn't you be happier to just go and get it over with?  

ps, actually I get the ecstatic feeling when they call you to cancel because you really did not feel like going...I just did not think anyone else felt like that, too. (sadly, they always reschedule)

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
ah, @jcat ...dumb question here...but is going to the dentist a bad thing?? Shouldn't you be happier to just go and get it over with?  :)   

ps, actually I get the ecstatic feeling when they call you to cancel because you really did not feel like going...I just did not think anyone else felt like that, too. (sadly, they always reschedule)
Going to the dentist isn't a bad thing, but I woke up with a headache today, and the dental hygienist who cleaned my teeth (I had an appointment with her right before the one with the dentist) talked incessantly. By the time I got out of there I just wanted to go crawl in a hole, so I wasn't the least bit upset when the dentist got called away on a family matter.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

ah, @jcat ...dumb question here...but is going to the dentist a bad thing?? Shouldn't you be happier to just go and get it over with?  

Going to the dentist isn't a bad thing, but I woke up with a headache today, and the dental hygienist who cleaned my teeth (I had an appointment with her right before the one with the dentist) talked incessantly. By the time I got out of there I just wanted to go crawl in a hole, so I wasn't the least bit upset when the dentist got called away on a family matter.
Okay, then, thanks for the reply.  I realized your teeth might have been hurting, so that maybe you'd come back and say:  "OUCH.  teeth hurt,  please shut up and go away".  lol......thanks for not saying that even if you thought it.  lol.

Hope that headache goes away fast too, and I do hate it when all you want is the cleaning, and you have stuff in your mouth, and they talk and talk.  I guess they just like having a captive audience, with no complaints.
 lol.

Feel better soon, cat friend.  

Now I must go and make my appointment which your post reminded me of.  

c

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, @Tammat
 ...thanks for that mention of jig saw puzzle.  I used to do them before, and they were a great way to relax but also focus.  Mine were 500 or 1000pcs, and then I would glue them to cardboard and sort of keep them hanging for awhile.

I'm not sure if I'd have the perseverance now, but never hurts to try one.:)  
I started the jigsaw because I was feeling a bit lonely and down in the dumps. It's a great distraction. A bit tricky when the cats walk over it!! Mines 500 pieces. I'd like to try 1000.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Ahh, @Tammat
 ...thanks for that mention of jig saw puzzle.  I used to do them before, and they were a great way to relax but also focus.  Mine were 500 or 1000pcs, and then I would glue them to cardboard and sort of keep them hanging for awhile.

I'm not sure if I'd have the perseverance now, but never hurts to try one.

I started the jigsaw because I was feeling a bit lonely and down in the dumps. It's a great distraction. A bit tricky when the cats walk over it!! Mines 500 pieces. I'd like to try 1000.
yes, for me it just relaxed my mind, and then I felt happier, accomplishing something.

Had no cats walk on them, that might be a little more of a challenge..lol.

Mine were mostly scenery., barns and horses, mountains, ponds.

@Tammat   ...  do you have a favorite type?

(now that I remember, 500 was way better, 1000 took forever).

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, for me it just relaxed my mind, and then I felt happier, accomplishing something.
Had no cats walk on them, that might be a little more of a challenge..lol.

Mine were mostly scenery., barns and horses, mountains, ponds.

@Tammat
  ...  do you have a favorite type?

(now that I remember, 500 was way better, 1000 took forever).
I haven't done a puzzle for years and years. This one is adorable.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL....I know where I'll be looking on my next shopping trip.   lol   But I haven't done one in ages, either, so I'm thinking, now, starting off smaller....(if there are even smaller than 500's).

That border would take me forever, but that kitten looks like it would be fast....except for the back (solid orange)...oh dear.....lol.   (Yes, and one which I would definitely put up on wall...lol)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Cute puzzle! :bigthumb:

I had a few really good laughs yesterday.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I did a good cleaning on part of the house. :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my first session with a personal trainer today. I feel really proud of myself. I consider myself to be shy. I get very nervous in social situations so it was a big step for me to huff and puff in front of an unfamiliar Man. :clap:
Personal trainer! Wow
What sort of stuff did you do?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Things went better for husband than expected at work yesterday. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.