What's One Of Your Funniest Cat Stories?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our new cat Olive is pretty food obsessed, and since our other food-obsessed cat can't jump up to the counters due to chronic clumsiness, we are learning how to protect our food. We made some baked chicken one night for dinner, with a few extra breasts for lunch the next day.

We heard a disturbing lack of Olive noises after awhile, and discovered she had dug under the foil, grabbed a chicken breast larger than her head, and took it down to her basement "killing floor." She probably ate a good 2-3 oz before we caught her.

Crazy8catlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Gizmo used to sleep on top of the china cabinet. One day he rolled off the edge. Instead of landing on his feet in a graceful manner, he hit everything on the way down. Several boxes of papers, the bread box, a shelf of mason jars... bing bang boom flailing the entire way to the floor where he landed on his head. I could just imagine him saying "ah crap.. what..the... ffff... I.. can't.. roll.. ahhh. oh no not the.... ahh just stop. I'm still falling!?!? finally floor"He never slept up there again.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last year I broke my leg and prior to that me and Yoshi would chase /hide and seek almost daily. One day while I was still stuck sitting in one spot Yoshi accidentally flipped the switch on the tvs power strip. My partner got up and chased him. For the next 2 weeks he'd get her attention then go hit the power strip again. Me and Yoshi thought it was great fun. My partner not so much. I got a new power strip with a side switch. Yoshi hasn't figured it out yet.

jeannecarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many stories...

Mackie, our current boy, several years ago scared the bejeebers out of himself one afternoon. I had been to the local secondhand shop and brought home a couple of Victorian-style angels, the kind with hard plastic or resin heads and lush fabric clothing. I was tired so I stretched out on the bed to rest, leaving the plastic bag containing them near my feet. I started when I heard a crash, saw a flash of bag and orange tail, and leapt up to deal with it. One of the angels was on the floor, broken, and no sign of Mackie or the bag. I looked under the bed; the bag was on the far side. I went around to retrieve it, but he was still inside; the other angel had fallen out, unscathed, but I couldn't catch Mackie in the bag; he fled out of the room, still covered in the bag, and neither I nor my husband who was in the next room saw where he went. Calling produced no results. I finally went to the aisle behind the couch and found the empty bag, and further examination revealed Mackie underneath the shelf unit in the corner, half behind a box, staring out with eyes the size of saucers. He wouldn't come out for hours.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is another funny story about my dearest but devil cat Murphy. She was, as I posted earlier in this thread, a daredevil, get into everything and scarily smart cat. Anyway I lived in an older home with heat registers about a foot square on the walls of every room and being an old house, some could easily be pulled off. One evening I heard a loud Siamese Murphy meow coming from the kitchen. As I went to see what trouble she was in now I heard a softer meow and heavens, it sounded like it was coming from the heat vent. I thought that somehow she had gotten into the duct and was trapped in there. I laid down on the floor in front of the vent and called to her, getting a very tiny meow back and I thought she was wandering father through the vent system. After lying there, talking sweet Murphy baby talk to the vent in the hopes of bringing her to me for twenty or thirty minutes, I was calculating the cost of having the duct work torn apart to extract her and really starting to panic. Then I heard a small clink, not in the vent but in the cabinet right next to it. Opened it up and out popped Murphy, apparently hiding there as quiet as she could be in a game of hide and seek that she obviously won.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have lots of funny/cute stories about my cats.

One from a couple of nights ago:
Hotaru was in a surly mood doing a lot of growling and hissing, and she was bullying Olivie. So I sat next to Hotaru, and when she growled, I hissed at her. Olivie saw that, and she jumped up onto the coffee table and was looking at me like my hissing at Hotaru was the coolest thing that she ever saw.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Olivie saw that, and she jumped up onto the coffee table and was looking at me like my hissing at Hotaru was the coolest thing that she ever saw.
Did it make Hotaru stop bullying Olivie? If so, maybe Olivie will start standing up for herself when things like that happen. :crossfingers:

Margret

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did it make Hotaru stop bullying Olivie? If so, maybe Olivie will start standing up for herself when things like that happen. :crossfingers:
Margret Margret It did make Hotaru leave Olivie alone, at least for the rest of that night. Unfortunately I don't think Olivie will ever be able to stand up for herself; she is very bashful and skittish, and a little bit different personality-wise, so my other two (especially Hotaru) like to bully her.
However there has been a few times when Hotaru has tried to bully C'est Moi; C'est Moi will not put up with it at all. C'est Moi is the queen, and she is quick to let Hotaru know that.

jeannecarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oreo had his moments when he was young too. One of our friends has an herb & spice business, and she gets organic catnip, of which we bought some. We gave it to Oreo in one of those little straight-sided round plastic cups that the frosting for commercial cinnamon buns comes in. Oreo loved it so much that he rolled over with the cup on his nose, trying to get everything out of the corners! He did that every time for years, till he got pretty old. Once when that friend visited we told her to observe her satisfied customer, and she got a charge out of it too. I wish I'd taken a picture of that.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both C'est Moi and Olivie had mishaps with the toilet when they were kittens.

When I adopted C'est Moi she was infested with fleas, so I gave her baths every night using baby shampoo. We did the baths in the bathroom sink because she was so little, and that was the easiest place to bath her. She didn't really care for the baths very much, and one night after her bath she was squirming around and trying to run away before I could dry her off. She slipped out of my hands and fell into the toilet which is next to the sink. To her dismay, she had to have a second bath that night because I didn't want her to have toilet water on her.

One day, a few days after I adopted Olivie, she decided to follow me into the bathroom. Even then she liked to follow me everywhere. I opened the lid on the toilet, and suddenly she jumped up and fell in. I will always remember seeing that little tiny black and white kitten paddling across the toilet bowl; it made me laugh, but Olivie sure didn't think it was funny! I fished her out of the toilet, put her in the sink and cleaned her off, and then I cuddled her in a towel so she could dry off.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
An older one, from back when Mon Amie was still with me:

One day a stink bug got into the apartment, and Mon Amie being the brave hunter that she was, decided to catch it. She chased that stink bug around the living room, and finally she caught it. However when she caught it, the stink bug sprayed it's stinky stuff on her mouth. She started jumping around like crazy, spitting, trying to get that stink out of her mouth. Poor Mon Amie, she learned the hard way to stay away from stink bugs!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
When I was in college, my roommate and I adopted kittens, litter mates, between our junior and senior years. Her Fritz was a gorgeous charcoal gray and my Sara was an elegant tortie. Roomie and I invited our professor and the class to our apartment at the end of the term, and roomie spent several hours baking pumpkin pies. Just before our classmates arrived, I heard a shriek from the kitchen. I ran in and found her staring at her pies which she’d put on the kitchen table to cool. There were perfect little paw prints crisscrossing both pies. Sara and Fritz were sitting there looking so innocent...or as innocent as kittens can look with pumpkin pie on the ends of their noses. Just so darned cute. :)

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The funniest was when Robin was an ornery 8 month old who kept trying to climb the storage rack in my middle room. So I looked around for something that would dissuade him, and I thought “AHA! The pet roller has sticky stuff! He’ll touch it and go ‘ew’!”

Well, one night he didn’t come to bed. I didn’t think much of it. When I woke up, he was hunched over and without my glasses on, (I’m like 20/3000 without my glasses), it looked like he was shaved, or something had scooped his side off. What it WAS was obviously, sticky tape. Poor naughty boy’s had managed to get an EXTRA STICKY pet roller sheet stuck to his armpit. He was terrified. That was not fun to take off but obviously worse for him. Afterwards, though, I laughed my butt off at poor nekkid Robin. Needless to say he never tried jumping on that shelf again, and I sure never used a pet roller in that way again.

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The funniest was when Robin was an ornery 8 month old who kept trying to climb the storage rack in my middle room. So I looked around for something that would dissuade him, and I thought “AHA! The pet roller has sticky stuff! He’ll touch it and go ‘ew’!”

Well, one night he didn’t come to bed. I didn’t think much of it. When I woke up, he was hunched over and without my glasses on, (I’m like 20/3000 without my glasses), it looked like he was shaved, or something had scooped his side off. What it WAS was obviously, sticky tape. Poor naughty boy’s had managed to get an EXTRA STICKY pet roller sheet stuck to his armpit. He was terrified. That was not fun to take off but obviously worse for him. Afterwards, though, I laughed my butt off at poor nekkid Robin. Needless to say he never tried jumping on that shelf again, and I sure never used a pet roller in that way again.
Oh my goodness, lol!!