What's One Of Your Funniest Cat Stories?

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
What's one of your funniest cat stories? I know we all have hundreds but pick your most recent one or one that just makes you giggle every time you think of it.
Alright I have hundeds but let's not write that novel just yet. Here is my most funniest one out of all. When I was a kid about 4 our family had a cat and a dog. A white blue eyed a American short haired (snowball) and a black chow(Bear) . Those two grew up together so they were good friends. One day my sister decided to take our cat Snowball for a walk. At the same time I decided to take our dog Bear for a walk. My sister went out the front door while I went out the back door. Both of us not knowing the other was walking a pet. So when I went around the front of the house and Bear saw Snowball outside. I believe his thoughts were "Awesome! Time to play with my best friend! ". So being the toddler I was and the giant dog Bear was the minute he bolted for Snowball couldn't hold on to the leash. So all I could do was watch that big huge black furrball go fast as lightning towards my sister and the cat. Once he got with one foot he barked loud and scared Snowball out of his wits making him run up my sister and do the Halloween cat on her head. At that same time my sisters held up both her hands in a I surrender pose. As a witness of this I couldn't help but laugh so hard and drop on the grass while this was going on. Still makes me burst out laughing till this day. So long time ago but still so fresh in my mind xD. Hope you could enjoy that story as much as I can. Do you have a good funny cat story?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Recently we got an update on a kitten (now 3 years old) that was adopted from the shelter, and I had to giggle about him learning to use a litter box. He was in a room with several other feral kittens and lots of litter boxes, both open and covered. He got the idea that he was supposed to use a box rather than the floor, but he would climb on top of one of the covered boxes and do his business there. We had to grab him and put him inside a box every time we caught him in the act, but he did eventually learn. The funny thing is that he always refused to use an open box, and his owners say he still does.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago Simon was playing with a toy and Sebastian came near him to check it out; Simon must have thought he was horning in on him so put his head down and charged and rammed into his side, knocking him over and sending Sebastian jogging away lol!!!

They were both great boys that I miss very much, but Sylvester who you see pictured in the avatar is a 50/50 blend of those two boys combined together, a "purrfect" example if you could combine those two, so they are still with us everyday! :) :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol good stories! And that name Sylvester! He was one of my favorite looney toons! The second favorite is Penelope Pussycat.

Miss_Molly1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a pretty funny one about my cat Owen. Now it is a little gross, but it is pretty funny. Owen is not one that likes human food at all, he never showed interest but he does like chicken and yogurt but that’s it. I don’t allow him to go on the kitchen counters and he knows better not to. Well Owen has a tendacy to act up with my mom. Only with my mom, no one else. One morning I was sleeping, and I woke up to my mom screaming bloody murder. I run into the kitchen to find out Owen sat on her food. She made herself breakfast and he jumped on the counter and sat on top of her food. I know he’s just a cat but I know he did on purpose. She obviously did not eat the food since by cats butt was on it. He did get introuble but I couldnt help but laugh. Owen is such a funny cat that really loves to mess with my mom.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend Jim lived in a small apartment complex, basically a group of very small duplexes with a shared parking lot. Jim had an indoor/outdoor cat named Cuddles who had his very own cat flap in the front door. One day a strange cat came into the apartment and began eating from Cuddles' dish of kibble! Cuddles was there and didn't seem to be disturbed by this, so Jim let it go, but inside he was feeling totally flabbergasted.

This continued for quite some time, with the strange cat visiting to eat food from Cuddles' kibble bowl (always the same cat), and Jim noticed another strange thing -- he was having to buy kibble about as often as before the strange cat began his kibble raids, as if Cuddles was eating less kibble to make up for it, but Cuddles wasn't losing weight. :think:

After several months of this, there was some kind of celestial event, a big meteor shower or something, and all the residents gathered out in the courtyard to watch it. Cuddles came out and sat next to Jim to see what the humans were up to and one of Jim's neighbors pointed at Cuddles and said, "Is that your cat?"

"Yes, why?"

"The strangest thing has been happening. I have a cat too, and lately your cat has been coming into my apartment and eating from my cat's kibble dish. For some reason my cat doesn't seem to mind."

"You don't say! Which cat is yours?"

"There he is," and the neighbor points at the cat who has been raiding Cuddles' kibble dish.

They check further details. Kibble has been disappearing at the same rate as before in both households, and neither cat has either gained or lost weight. Apparently these two cats had each decided that they wanted more variety in their diets and had come to an agreement about food sharing, like kids at school trading portions of the lunches their parents had sent with them.

Margret

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Saipha was hilarious as a kitten. She once sat next to her water bowl and got distracted by a bird outside. Her tail started swishing and twitching in excitement, and before you know it, she somehow managed to dunk half her tail in the water bowl. The bird flew away, and Saipha suddenly realized that her tail was wet. She gave the most indignant squeak and started furiously licking her tail. I've come to the conclusion that cats have no idea where their tails are at any given moment.

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We always had indoor/ outdoor cats growing up. We had two cats Garfield and Snowball who both lived 20 years, and then a third cat who was a stray or a random kitten that one of my sisters brought home. Garfield always became like a momma cat to these kittens and would take them under his wing and teach them the ropes. He would cuddle and bathe them and look out for them. One time I went out to the freezer in the garage to get ice cream only to find Garfield cuddled up on a cushion with not one little black and white kitten, but two identical black and white kittens! I didn’t know what to do so I went inside and said “ Um Dad we have a problem “ My dad came out in the garage and sees the two kittens and started laughing and said “yep that’s a problem “ we each picked up a kitten and brought them inside. My sister sees this and says “uhoh whoops”. Turns out she was across town playing at a friends house and saw what she thought was our kitten so she took it home. My mom said that all day long she felt like she would put that kitten out the back door only to find it at the front door a few minutes later, and even thought to herself “it’s like there are two of them” We figured out what neighbors actually owned the identical kitten and brought it back... we couldn’t tell which was which and neither could the neighbors so we each took one and called it good.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saipha was hilarious as a kitten. She once sat next to her water bowl and got distracted by a bird outside. Her tail started swishing and twitching in excitement, and before you know it, she somehow managed to dunk half her tail in the water bowl. The bird flew away, and Saipha suddenly realized that her tail was wet. She gave the most indignant squeak and started furiously licking her tail. I've come to the conclusion that cats have no idea where their tails are at any given moment.
I've reached the same conclusion. Sweet Thing was a long hair, and she once caught her tail on fire walking past a lit candle. The only reason she didn't kill herself and burn the house down is that I saw it happen and managed to get to her before the fire got to skin and put the fire out; she never even realized it had happened. I haven't had any candles in rooms the cat has access to ever since.

A similar thing happened to Jasmine, BTW. I was staying with friends for a month or so and had Jasmine along. We were housed in a small bedroom, and Jasmine's water bowl was in a fairly tight space. One day I found a wet spot on the carpet, and reached the obvious conclusion (all right, the obvious conclusion for someone with no sense of smell, like me), until I realized that Jasmine's tail was wet from turning around in that narrow space and dragging it through her water bowl in the process.

Margret

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Miss_Molly1995 Lmao your cat Owen sounds hillarious XD. I have a big black cat with golden eyes named Armon he loved to mess with my mom too. He'd do anything just to get on her nerves. That'd be pee on her bed (he only did once lol), jump out from some dark corner and scare her out of her wits, or just jump on the counter and get her angry. It was his favorite pass time. She would claim he's an evil little furball >.>. I would reply nope he's not evil he's just an angel/troll who loves to mess with his Grandma lol. Armon currently lives with my mom and they have made a truce lol and my mom loves him now.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Snake likes to play 'queen of the kitchen'....

(She also wants me to inform you that she looks rounder because of her winter fur only)
IMG_9327.JPG

Anyways, so she's up there while Suki and Raven are looking at her with wonder in their eyes. "Look, mama's so cool!" They must have been saying to each other.

Of course, Willy is busy causing havoc somewhere else so he doesn't notice.

I tell you, for the rest of that day Suki wanted to go up onto the fridge so badly. She was meowing and meowing and jumping onto the counters (naughty kitten!). Crazy cat.

There's another story about how Willy tried to drink milk from his grandma, and Suki tried to drink milk from Snake long after her milk had dried up... babies, those kittens, babies.

And then the time we found Snake on the roof.

And when cuddle-loving Raven caught a mouse in 6 seconds flat...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My Siamese girl Murphy was about as smart, sassy and stubborn as a cat could be and if there was trouble to be found she got into it with no apologies. So,when I tore out the walls in my bathroom to renovate it leaving only the tub and toilet in place, the room was off limits to her because of all the things and places she could get into. One evening I went in to take bath and as soon as I shut the door she started pitching a first class Murphy fit, throwing herself at the door and generally making sounds like she was being skinned alive. After this went on for five or ten minutes she suddenly stopped, which was something she never did unless she got what she wanted. A few minutes later though I heard some noise coming from under the tub and out popped Murphy, looking extremely pleased with herself. She had amazingly figured out at some point that if she went down in the basement and climbed up to the ceiling she could crawl through the hole cut for the tub plumbing and come out under the bathtub.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's another story about how Willy tried to drink milk from his grandma, and Suki tried to drink milk from Snake long after her milk had dried up... babies, those kittens, babies.
Nimbus did the same thing. He was the only tom in Sweet Thing's single litter, and he was still insisting on nursing when he was actually bigger than his mother!
* * * * * *​
These are stories I read somewhere, and I would be happy to credit the author except that I can't remember what book it was in. They're both stories about cats who were might hunters-of-mice.

The first cat was an indoor/outdoor cat who lived next to a vacant lot with lots of field mice, which the cat would happily hunt all summer long. But he was an intelligent cat, and the second time he saw signs that winter was fast approaching he suddenly realized that his hunting was about to be curtailed by weather, as it had been the year before when he was too inexperienced to realize what the shorter days and dead leaves meant. What to do, what to do? :idea: Suddenly a plan presented itself, and he immediately began implementing it. He started catching mice very carefully, so as not to injure them, and moving them indoors to the basement. Sure enough, he managed to set up a big enough colony of basement mice to keep him hunting happily all winter long, and he did an excellent job of estimating just how many to catch. They ran out fairly early in the spring, when he was ready to hunt outdoors again. I should add that he continued to do this every autumn for the rest of his life.

The second cat just loved hunting mice, but he was having trouble finding them. He knew they were in the basement somewhere, but he was unwilling to just sit next to the mouse hole waiting for one to come out, and besides, there were numerous mouse holes and the mice were too smart to come out of this mouse hole when there was a cat waiting here and they could use that mouse hole instead.

However, the cat did have one more piece of information. He had once actually caught a mouse in the basement, and he knew where he had caught it, so he figured there was a good chance that the mice came by that spot fairly often. Of course, if he just waited at that spot the mice would see him and change their routes, so something more devious was required. Aha! The cat examined his toys and, sure enough, he had quite a few toy mice, some of which were actually fairly lifelike. So he made a trail of decoys, starting with the most lifelike toy mice, leading from the spot where he'd caught the mouse and around a corner, which he used as a mouse blind to wait for the mice to show up. Unfortunately, his toy mice may have looked lifelike, but they smelled of catnip, so the ploy didn't actually work for him, but it definitely showed thought and planning on his part.

Margret

Last edited:

Shar371

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys, these are all fantastic!

Midnight is Ms. Attitude. She's also my sweet little cuddle-bug. She always waited for my guests to leave, and as soon as the door closed after the last one, she'd start twining around my ankles and begging to be held. I'd have to hold her for a few minutes before I could go about cleaning up.

So, this one night comes, shortly after I get a roommate, and these guests just are not leaving. I've asked them to go, but the roommate invited them over, so apparently he got to decide when they left. He (the roommate) had taken his girlfriend and gone to bed. I'm getting fairly irritated at this point, and didn't pick up on how Midnight was reacting. She'd started hiding from certain of these guests (who soon after this incident became unwelcome in any place I called home), but finally sauntered out from her hiding spot. Quick way to win me over, win the cat over... And boy, did those guests try. They called to her, kissed at her, grabbed the treats, a toy... She just walk past them all and into my bedroom, which was off limits. One of my guests tried to follow her, and I tried to repeat, "Go home".

The bedroom door... MY bedroom door...SLAMMED. The one guest trying to chase my cat kinda stood there blinking at it, reached for the handle, and this low, feline growl came from under the door. That guest backed up. They all, FINALLY, took the hint.

I cuddled Midnight for a good half hour after that, calling her all sorts of cute pet names while she purred away mightily. Job well done, bugaboo.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Guys, these are all fantastic!

Midnight is Ms. Attitude. She's also my sweet little cuddle-bug. She always waited for my guests to leave, and as soon as the door closed after the last one, she'd start twining around my ankles and begging to be held. I'd have to hold her for a few minutes before I could go about cleaning up.

So, this one night comes, shortly after I get a roommate, and these guests just are not leaving. I've asked them to go, but the roommate invited them over, so apparently he got to decide when they left. He (the roommate) had taken his girlfriend and gone to bed. I'm getting fairly irritated at this point, and didn't pick up on how Midnight was reacting. She'd started hiding from certain of these guests (who soon after this incident became unwelcome in any place I called home), but finally sauntered out from her hiding spot. Quick way to win me over, win the cat over... And boy, did those guests try. They called to her, kissed at her, grabbed the treats, a toy... She just walk past them all and into my bedroom, which was off limits. One of my guests tried to follow her, and I tried to repeat, "Go home".

The bedroom door... MY bedroom door...SLAMMED. The one guest trying to chase my cat kinda stood there blinking at it, reached for the handle, and this low, feline growl came from under the door. That guest backed up. They all, FINALLY, took the hint.

I cuddled Midnight for a good half hour after that, calling her all sorts of cute pet names while she purred away mightily. Job well done, bugaboo.
That cat has some 'cat'ittude!!

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow I love these stories :D Opi is here on my lap watching the screen to lol. I'm sure if he could read then he would laugh to xD. That Murphy what an intelligent and persistent cat lmao. I gotta say that midnight wish a could give her a high 5 after that lol. I must say shar371 you are very kind and patient to put up with that. I can be a very kind and patient person to but if I was in the same position I would not be that person lol. I would have that roommate out the door with all his stuff along with his friends XD. I can't stand rude people in my own home so my patience and kindness runs very thin.

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oscar’s two favorite places in the house are the two windows that have the cat towers by them. He loves going outside even more. I take him out on a leash with a long lead and let him explore the backyard when I work in the garden. He usually explores and then finds a nice shady spot and sprawls out and takes a nap. The other day I left the door to the shed open. He went inside to explore no biggie he’s curious and there is nothing in there that can hurt him. I realized he had been in there for a long time so I went to go make sure the lead didn’t caught on something. I find Oscar on the tool bench looking out the window of the shed...crazy cat had free reign of outside and he finds a random inside to look out a window....

Last edited:

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many years ago I had a black cat named Bits. At the time I lived in a passive solar home. The front wall was 18 feet high and had a set of upper and lower windows that let sunlight warm the concrete floor of the great room (which in turn heated the house at night.) The sills were about 8 inches deep and slanted 45 degrees downward so as not to block sunlight, except in the small loft overlooking the great room where the sills were level.

As you can imagine, those sills in the loft were like heaven for Bits: she slept on them all the time.

A few times a year I would get a ladder and clean the slanted sills. One time I noticed cat paw prints in the dust.... She must have jumped from the loft to one of the other windows, not realizing how steeply slanted the other sills were. The paw prints made it about halfway across the five foot wide sill, then there were some scramble marks and I could see deep scratches that tore the edge off the molding. That sill was about 10 feet up.

Switching topics for a moment, a dear friend had gone traveling for a few months and left her prize cactus in my care. This thing was huge and sat in a pot that was 30 inches across. "Loves sunlight" she said, and "leave it in your great room by those lower widows...."

Guess which window set that cactus was under......

I climbed down the ladder and looked carefully at the cactus. There were several clumps of black cat hair on it.....

The fall had happened some time before I suppose, and Bits was fine. Still, I can imagine that poor cat starting to slip off that sill, then looking down and seeing where she was headed.... Probably not too funny at the time, but hilarious in retrospect!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My funniest one was when my son was 2 years old, and our cat Yoda. My son got his hands on a can of Bag Balm and managed to get it open. He then proceeded to give Yoda a Mohawk hairstyle. He slicked down the sides and raised the middle...all down his back.
He was watching TV, I thought it was safe to run to the bathroom for 30 seconds...boy was I wrong. And yes, that's all the time it took him to make a new dew for the cat.