What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I LOVE that movie!! I found it on DVD several years ago for my kids (and me) to watch. :lol: I still can’t watch the part where the Chippettees singto the baby penguin. I still have a very strong memory of watching that the first time in the apartment my mom and I lived in back then and her face when I burst into tears. 😩
My sister and I were absolutely obsessed with that movie when we were growing up!! That baby penguin song was so sweet. I rooted around in my Mom's craft box and found a piece of chiffon and insisted on wearing it in my hair or over my face because the Chippette's wore it in Egypt and I thought it looked so cool.
I didn't know it at the time, but the lady who voiced Ms. Miller also played Punky Brewster's teacher in the very early seasons, Ms. Morton. I watched a few clips from the movie and the Punky Brewster series and I can hear the similarities.
Dody Goodman - Wikipedia

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't be the only one who eats soup year round. If I waited for the weather to cool before eating soup I wouldn't get any until November/December. I love soup and eat it all the time. Wawa has really good chicken noodle and chicken corn chowder. Yum.
Nope! I've been making it myself to control the sodium. Tomorrow I'm getting the ingredients to try making a version of miso soup because I've been craving it. Both my grandmother's were big soup makers. One made a big pot of homemade chicken soup every week. The other one alternated between Italian Wedding soup (we didn't call it that though), pasta fagioli, and vegetable soup.

I've been struggling to come up with a fully satisfying lunch when I don't make soup. it's good comforting food and a good way to get veggies in my lunch. And since I make it myself I get to control what and how much is in there veggie wise. So good!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok this kid's chemistry set for school is getting on my naughty list. :hmmm: It SAID everything extra you need is easy to get. Not so. No one has the fuel for the burner locally so that's coming via Amazon. And now I've got several other things in my Amazon cart but I'm still trying to make sure I understand what type of iodine they want me to get. Also where to conduct these experiments because they basically said not in the kitchen because you make food there; but also near water and ventilation. And apparently I need the old sturdy table we just sold so our new one doesn't get damaged by the burner or the chemicals. :dunno: I think I might need more coffee or a nap before I sort this all out since I am not prepared like I thought I was!

I'm still going to make DH light the burner for the first time at least. We might just have to do all our experiments on the weekends. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok this kid's chemistry set for school is getting on my naughty list. :hmmm: It SAID everything extra you need is easy to get. Not so. No one has the fuel for the burner locally so that's coming via Amazon. And now I've got several other things in my Amazon cart but I'm still trying to make sure I understand what type of iodine they want me to get. Also where to conduct these experiments because they basically said not in the kitchen because you make food there; but also near water and ventilation. And apparently I need the old sturdy table we just sold so our new one doesn't get damaged by the burner or the chemicals. :dunno: I think I might need more coffee or a nap before I sort this all out since I am not prepared like I thought I was!

I'm still going to make DH light the burner for the first time at least. We might just have to do all our experiments on the weekends. :lol:
Hmm. On the weekend and in the garage would be my choice..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm. On the weekend and in the garage would be my choice..
I’m wondering about a large wooden cutting board or smooth board of some kind for it. The burner isn’t large at all so that might work on top of the plastic folding table. The garage sounds good for now too! What did I get myself into?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't be the only one who eats soup year round. If I waited for the weather to cool before eating soup I wouldn't get any until November/December. I love soup and eat it all the time. Wawa has really good chicken noodle and chicken corn chowder. Yum.
I love soup and eat it all year long. But being vegetarian it's hard to find a soup that is plant based when I eat out.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I saw a Squirrel munching on the stalk of one of my Sunflowers growing on my deck. After I scared it off, I sprayed the plant with Deer/Rabbit repellent , hopefully that will work. Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do to protect my plants?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I saw a Squirrel munching on the stalk of one of my Sunflowers growing on my deck. After I scared it off, I sprayed the plant with Deer/Rabbit repellent , hopefully that will work. Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do to protect my plants?
I think that will probably work. I have also heard of using hot pepper oil or cayenne to deter them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found this repellent

Powder Squirrel Repellent Recipe
  • Paprika
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Crushed red pepper flakes

Mix equal parts of each spice and sprinkle the flakes in areas you want to keep the squirrels out of

and this one

Pepper Spray Squirrel Repellent Recipe
  • 1 ½ quarts of water
  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • 2 chopped onions
  • 1 chopped jalapeno pepper

Boil the water and add all ingredients to the pot. Stir the mixture for approximately 30 minutes. Turn off the stove and let the liquid cool. Once the combination is at room temperature, strain it so that the vegetables separate and pour the liquid into a spray bottle. Spray the hot pepper spray on and around surfaces you’d like the squirrels to stay away from.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think it is gross to wear a pair of socks all day and then wear them to bed when I change into my pajamas? Or should I put a fresh pair on for bed? What do you do?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think it is gross to wear a pair of socks all day and then wear them to bed when I change into my pajamas? Or should I put a fresh pair on for bed? What do you do?
since I can walk around the house all day in my socks and pick up who knows what, if I wore socks to bed I would switch to fresh ones or have special bed socks that are sort of like pjs and worn only at night.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m wondering about a large wooden cutting board or smooth board of some kind for it. The burner isn’t large at all so that might work on top of the plastic folding table. The garage sounds good for now too! What did I get myself into?
if you have any thrift stores nearby you might be able to find a large glass cutting board. I used one in the laundry room to stop spilled soap from ruining my table.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son seeing I had rough morning comforted me.Had 6 students in my office and was not too happy what they did.One decided to start a cussing war and the rest of the 5 followed calling the teacher a cuss word I will not mention.Suspended them all and their parents were not too happy with them as well.Saw it put stress on me too

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A Acatlady1 Here in the South, we'd caII that a "Come to Jesus" meeting. It's when you sit someone down and expIain their transgressions in great detaiI, and mete out the appropriate penaIties. Mothers generaIIy do this, but principaIs and bosses can certainIy do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.