What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else have cats that will only eat certain flavors of food at certain times of the day? I have noticed that Boone and Gracie will only eat chicken and turkey for their PM meal. If I feed them it in the mornings, it seems to take forever for them to finish. If in the PM, it's gone right away. Normally I feed seafood flavors for the PM meal so I buy my two cases of food (seafood flavors and non- seafood flavors) and have two switch out the chicken and turkey flavors into the PM cases and put two seafood flavors into the other case. Not a big deal but weird in my opinion.
Maybe it’s their way of training you to feed them different flavors? Have never heard of this, but then, cats are weird.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Garfield and Bella went to the veterinarian for a check up yesterday.Everything looked with them.Plus they did get attention from a 6 year old girl while I was waiting.Came up to them right.Even asked about me,told her I have pituritary dwarfism having the body of an 8 year old girl.She took it well

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Even asked about me,told her I have pituritary dwarfism having the body of an 8 year old girl.She took it well
ChiIdren are remarkably pure in their questions. They simpIy want to know, and without judgement. It is what I Iove the most about them. I hate it when parents "shhhsh" them for asking a question, it teaches them that there is something "shamefuI" about being different!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch doesn’t seem to choose her food based on time of day; but she really makes me guess when she gets tired of a favorite and wants something different. Like right now she’s back to wanting the grilled chicken and turkey; which I do not have cases of because she wasn’t eating those well. :rolleyes2:

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loving my new hairstyle,staying with it.Went with a medium length shoulder bob cut yesterday.At 44 years old,knew it was due for change having long hair since I was 13.My mom likes it.Son seen it and said I looked good including my boyfriend

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AC is out again, since 8 yesterday evening. My IandIady is not answering her phone. WiII continue to try. I am beyond unhappy at this point, as neither she nor the emergency maintenance number wiII respond. Which is why I'm here in the morning...sitting up to keep caIIing!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
AC is out again, since 8 yesterday evening. My IandIady is not answering her phone. WiII continue to try. I am beyond unhappy at this point, as neither she nor the emergency maintenance number wiII respond. Which is why I'm here in the morning...sitting up to keep caIIing!
That's outrageous -I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that,terribly insensitive people

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My car is getting maintenance done on it today so I had to get up and take DH to work. I am NOT a morning person; but I even got up a tad early. It is SUPER weird to be in the grocery store before 9 am. :dizzy: Now do I go for coffee or a nap? 5 hours of sleep isn't what it used to be! :disappointed:
OH! Spoke with Strider Rose earIier. Her internet is down. ApparentIy there was some kind of accident that took out some fiber optics. She hopes to be back onIine soon, and says that she misses everyone!
Ugh we never realize how dependent we are on our internet until we can't access it. :cringe:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My car is getting maintenance done on it today so I had to get up and take DH to work. I am NOT a morning person; but I even got up a tad early. It is SUPER weird to be in the grocery store before 9 am. :dizzy: Now do I go for coffee or a nap? 5 hours of sleep isn't what it used to be! :disappointed:

Ugh we never realize how dependent we are on our internet until we can't access it. :cringe:
Have coffee and embrace the day❤.you can nap anyway afterwards,right?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Go for coffee!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to make the coffee work but my eyes are watering! :rolleyes2: I had 2 days last week where I took LONG naps. I mean 3 hour naps!! I just don't want to do that. DS leaves for camp in a few days and has to be to the church by 4:15 am that day!! DH told me I'm on my own getting him there. Which is fair; he has to go to work. But really, God Bless these leaders herding a bunch of boys and driving them to camp at that hour!! :thud:Dunkin isn't even open that early! :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…Naps reboot the soul!

I am wondering if anyone knows about this product, which says it stops cobwebs from forming in the house, how toxic it is to cats, etc. Apparently spiders will skitter across the surface and can’t “attach.” I just finished cleaning my 87 year old neighbor’s house, and boy did it have cobwebs! IMG_6344.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
…Naps reboot the soul!

I am wondering if anyone knows about this product, which says it stops cobwebs from forming in the house, how toxic it is to cats, etc. Apparently spiders will skitter across the surface and can’t “attach.” I just finished cleaning my 87 year old neighbor’s house, and boy did it have cobwebs!View attachment 456047
How nice of you to do that for your neighbor. I have never heard of this product but I am skeptical.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
…Naps reboot the soul!

I am wondering if anyone knows about this product, which says it stops cobwebs from forming in the house, how toxic it is to cats, etc. Apparently spiders will skitter across the surface and can’t “attach.” I just finished cleaning my 87 year old neighbor’s house, and boy did it have cobwebs!View attachment 456047
Never heard of it though the brand Terro is very popular in Florida for ants and other insect control-toxic to animals so I'd imagine no different for this product...I use Terro ant bait but inside cabinets or outside window sills and door threshold...... I'd not use this in the house with my kitties

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to make one last decision on school books for the year. Before the free shipping code expires tonight.

I was going to use the same history we've used for years...but theres another that looks good and might be a better fit for DS. MIGHT. Using what I have could also be a good way to save some money. But is it worth it if he will learn better with a different one?

Eenie meenie miney mo.... ? No? :lol: :bawling2::dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And what's sad, is $200 for that set of clippers is a GREAT price. I can't tell you what we spend on clippers, shearers, and blades, not to mention shampoos etc. That's why pet grooming prices are so high. :sigh:
I got a shaver on Amazon for $35. The reviews were good and one had a video. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.