What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had an emergency break in on my computer from Ryan Hall. Massive tornado on the ground and another showing. If you are in northern Illinois, specifically the Chicago area...Please get to cover and be safe.

Edit: This is a PDS for Chicago
We had the sirens going and a cloudless sky with no wind right by our house. Needless to say, no damage for us.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Drat. My renewaI card for my CapitoI One account came in today. That's the card that aII of my autopays goes on, so now I have to go into every autopay account and update the card. PITA, but better than having to pay aII of those biIIs individuaIIy every month. NOTHING eIse goes on that card, so I know to the penny what the charges wiII be every month, and I pay it before the interest actuaIIy drops. It's great for my budget, nothing ever gets forgotten, and I take that amount off of my check register on the first of the month, so I aways know my avaiIabIe baIance.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had to go for a walk and I have to get this out.

HDAHKSFHLIUFWEUIYRKFHWUSJIFHBSFUSJKFHJKSFJSNFJ that is me screaming.

Kitty Mia has cancer she's going downhill fast and now Charlie who already has a lot of issues has pancreatitis along with his IBD, Asthma, HCM and food allergies. Someone else pee in the house smell like honey and I'm trying to sort that out.. and I can't loss two at once and maybe three. I just can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. God this hurts.

/rant

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had to go for a walk and I have to get this out.

HDAHKSFHLIUFWEUIYRKFHWUSJIFHBSFUSJKFHJKSFJSNFJ that is me screaming.

Kitty Mia has cancer she's going downhill fast and now Charlie who already has a lot of issues has pancreatitis along with his IBD, Asthma, HCM and food allergies. Someone else pee in the house smell like honey and I'm trying to sort that out.. and I can't loss two at once and maybe three. I just can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. God this hurts.

/rant
I am so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and hoping they all improve.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I had some more poltergeist activity this morning. I have had occurrences in this house before but it has been a while since anything major. I did my rowing this morning in the basement and there was nothing out of the ordinary. When I left to run a few quick errands Lola was sleeping in her room, Willow in the closet. When I came back a half hour later, Lola came out of her room to greet me, and Willow was still in the closet.

I picked up a laundry basket to take down to wash and as I was going down the steps I heard water running. I immediately thought flooding but no, I was shocked to see that the faucet in the basement bathroom had been turned on. It is the old style that you pull forward to turn on so it is a very long shot that Lola climbed up there and bumped it forward but that seems not very likely since she has shown no interest in that bathroom.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your deilmma. My thoughts are with you and your kitties.
Thank you.
Just put in my deposit for an apartment 🥳
Congrats. That's good exciting news!

I think I had some more poltergeist activity this morning. I have had occurrences in this house before but it has been a while since anything major. I did my rowing this morning in the basement and there was nothing out of the ordinary. When I left to run a few quick errands Lola was sleeping in her room, Willow in the closet. When I came back a half hour later, Lola came out of her room to greet me, and Willow was still in the closet.

I picked up a laundry basket to take down to wash and as I was going down the steps I heard water running. I immediately thought flooding but no, I was shocked to see that the faucet in the basement bathroom had been turned on. It is the old style that you pull forward to turn on so it is a very long shot that Lola climbed up there and bumped it forward but that seems not very likely since she has shown no interest in that bathroom.
Wow. I haven't read through this whole thread. It sounds like this has been going on awhile now through.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like you might have a bad gasket. If the unit is that old, you may want to consider replacing the entire faucet. Those pull units haven't been sold for many, many years.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like you might have a bad gasket. If the unit is that old, you may want to consider replacing the entire faucet. Those pull units haven't been sold for many, many years.
The faucet has always been bone dry and has never leaked. I went down later in the afternoon yesterday and checked the faucet handle and it was quite hard to push forward enough to turn on. The cat would have had to actual climb onto the faucet handle to turn the water on.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh you guys… exhaustion will do strange things to you. I was about to post kicking myself because I hadn’t gotten a picture of both the pattern and bottom of my grandmas dishes. And I can’t ask anyone to take one for me. I am hoping to have a small setting of her dishes for my china cabinet like I do my other grandmothers. I took dozens of pictures around her house before its all packed and what not. I was debating how to google images search it from my iphone… I went to upload the pattern here…and found the bottom picture. :paperbag:

I have spent most of today in bed sleeping and picking at whatever snack food is convenient. But how did I miss that?! :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a laundry basket to take down to wash and as I was going down the steps I heard water running. I immediately thought flooding but no, I was shocked to see that the faucet in the basement bathroom had been turned on. It is the old style tha/!t you pull forward to turn on so it is a very long shot that Lola climbed up there and bumped it forward but that seems not very likely since she has shown no interest in that bathroom.
I had a similar experience. I was living in my mother's basement. I woke up early one morning and all of a sudden I heard water running in the upstairs kitchen. I was surprised because I did not hear anyone moving around. When I went to check no one was around and the water was going full blast. Both my mother and brother were still asleep. She also had one of those pull forward faucets that was not that easy to turn off and on. As far as I know she never had any trouble with the faucet before or after it happened.

My father passed away in the house and my mother always said there was paranormal activity ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.