What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Electric is being redone and the foundations recovered. It's going to be several weeks or months of constant repairs in the home and thankfully got approved for the loan to do these repairs. The house was in worse shape than I originally thought. I am so ready for all of this to end so I can relax and enjoy the house.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Electric is being redone and the foundations recovered. It's going to be several weeks or months of constant repairs in the home and thankfully got approved for the loan to do these repairs. The house was in worse shape than I originally thought. I am so ready for all of this to end so I can relax and enjoy the house.
A lot of work! Did you just buy your home or have damage from something?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having just had our floors done I cannot imagine months of work. :nervous: It was a lot of work just to get ready for it.

The flooring guys finished this afternoon and it really does look wonderful. I’m very happy with my choice. One of DH’s friends came over to help put the heavy furniture back and basically has all our furniture back in place and they are reinstalling the doors we had to take down. Thankfully no trimming those required! Just some adjustments on the bi-fold doors. His daughter and ours are friends so she came along and has helped too. I noticed he is good at giving DS directions. I’m going to have to ask him about that.

I’m currently hiding in my bedroom off my feet for a few minutes. I dust-mopped all the walls before the floors. Which then got mopped. Oh and I caught my neighbor’s corgi running loose in between and discovered their front door open with no one home! Thankfully their puppy was kenneled. He wouldn’t come to me but thankfully darted back inside; making a wide arc to avoid me sending himself within feet of a van going down my road!!:cringe: Thankfully I know not to chase! Although thst IS his name. :rolleyes2: I think I need to make a point to make friends with neighbors dogs. This isn’t the first time some have gotten loose around us. I was able to get ahold of them and let them know. I was not going inside to investigate! The dog did bark at me a few times from inside so he seemed fine. I however needed a few minutes to sweat that off!:crazy:

Now back to reclaiming my house.:lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No fireworks tonight. We are having violent storms, instead! So, from Ms. H's point of view, it was a zero-sum game. Traded one set of noises she hates for another set of noises she hates. AH well, there are worse things than spending the evening with a cat attached to your lap.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
my july 4th was pure heck ... i maybe got a total of 5 hours of rest for my appt in the morning . the neighbors popped fireworks until 1130pm tonite ... not a happy camper in the least
Uggh,awful my friend-it sounded like a war zone out here til way past midnight- poor Timmy stayed in his cubby.. so we all hung around near Timmy.. maybe I should record my " it's okay,it's okay baby" voice for such occasions
Glad it's over,hope you got some rest

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A lot of work! Did you just buy your home or have damage from something?
My parents built this house in the 40s. However, neither of them did anything to update the electric or have the foundation checked over the 75+ years it was built. They cleaned well and maintained the yard it's just these two areas that needed more attention.

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my july 4th was pure heck ... i maybe got a total of 5 hours of rest for my appt in the morning . the neighbors popped fireworks until 1130pm tonite ... not a happy camper in the least
I got 1 hour. The fireworks kept triggering my smoke alarm. I'm sure a lot of that is the wiring that needs to be redone in this house (thanks Mom and Dad), and the fire department showed up at my door 10 times last night just to report no fires and battery is good. It triggers so much it now won't reset so I have to call the burglar alarm system to come back out to reset the panel and unit. Phantom and Coffee aren't bothered by fireworks. I acclimated both and very quickly too with the fireworks skill on my echo dot. They thought it was just me playing with the sounds and continued with what they were doing. The smoke alarm going off is what put them into fits.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents built this house in the 40s. However, neither of them did anything to update the electric or have the foundation checked over the 75+ years it was built. They cleaned well and maintained the yard it's just these two areas that needed more attention.
Wow,that's truly a Blessing to have such an inheritance -plus the precious memories that go with it..... Worth every penny you are investing,- I'm sure,they don't make homes the way they did 75 yrs ago - lots of curb appeal but not anything we'll see standing in 3/4 "s of a Century! And who could afford them these days anyway without a lifetime of outrageous mortgage payments!
You're making a great investment for a lifetime of enjoyment,making even more beautiful memories

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish for all a New Year filled with joy and laughter, with peace and prosperity, with friendship and with love, and above all, an abundance of...

View attachment 440036
Love this picture.....
What's on my mind is that I'm truly Grateful to be on this side of the dirt,toes out & not up!

Everything else is not that important really,life is so very short- each day a precious Gift,each kitty a Blessing and meeting each of you- well,a truly delightful pleasure

May we all make each moment really count!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids slept through the fireworks. Lelia sat on my lap, and I think Sparkle was hiding, but thry didn't seem too bad - only a couple of really loud booms. It does help that they're illegal for the average Joe here. People still go to Indiana or Wisconsin or whatever to buy some, but probably less than if it was just easy to buy here.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids slept through the fireworks. Lelia sat on my lap, and I think Sparkle was hiding, but thry didn't seem too bad - only a couple of really loud booms. It does help that they're illegal for the average Joe here. People still go to Indiana or Wisconsin or whatever to buy some, but probably less than if it was just easy to buy here.
Nice-"here in Florida they put up tents and stands on every corner selling fireworks- it's ridiculous,Lord Knows the damage some lunatic can do with all that stuff they sell here

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My community has very strict laws with regard too Fireworks usage. So last evening all Fireworks were done by 10pm.
I was hearing bombs til way past midnight- 3 am a huge one went off and that was the last..... my poor Timmy( newly indoor feral) was terrified in his little cubby..... it's just absurd

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to be one of the lucky ones. Most fireworks are illegal in Arizona and we are also under stage 1 fire restrictions. The people up here know what a wildfire is like and they seem to respect the rules.
I am surprised though that no one was shooting off guns. Maybe the price of ammo has something to do with it.

I did hear a pack of coyotes trying to sing the Star Spangled Banner around 11pm.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I looked out the window and there is a cat near my shed lying down nursing three or four kittens! I would say the kittens are around nine weeks old. I haven’t seen mom on my video cam so they may just be visiting or hopefully not just dumped here. I set some food and water out for them and we will see what happens.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had fireworks going off before a thunderstorm had completely left the area this weekend. :dunno: We’re they trying to compete with the storm?:rolleyes2: It was pretty quiet here overall though.

We didn’t go to any of the fireworks around us. By the time the floor guys left we just dove in to cleaning and getting furniture back inside. Mooch has been having the deepest snooze on the couch today curled up in DS’s blanket. She doesn’t seem too phased by the changes and at one point wanted to go see what the workers were up to.

I just made meatballs and a small pot of sauce for our dinner tonight. I intended to make meatball subs for yesterday but there wasn’t time or space. Plus the construction dust. I used my new dust mop to clean the walls before the floors.:lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
SO glad to be home again! Went away only for 2 nights, but the city does me in. Saw a baseball game which I’ve not done in years. QUITE a shock to be around so many people all at once. I think from now on I’ll stick to local softball games, and this new league, “banana ball.” (Has anyone seen a game?). I just can’t justify driving that far in a non EV, and when I stop to think about all those planet heating teams flying around, how insanely overpriced everything is, from players’ salaries, to baseball caps to a single beer…and how disloyal players are to teams for the highest salary, it does me in! (I say all that, and I LOVE baseball). But o, how nice it is to be home again with my dear dear cat. 🐾 ⚾

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
As the sun has set now and I'm reading here the bombs are starting all over again- there ought be a Law here in Florida!!!!
That's all the new migrants from up North( they estimate 900 per day moving here) " ooh fireworks are legal,yippee".....ugggh

Status
Not open for further replies.