Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's chilly here today. At least by our standards

1673726130018.png

Lilith decided she wanted to go out into the screen room and started hollering at the sliding glass door so I'd open it. I told her it was cold and she wouldn't like it. Hollering continued. I told her she wasn't going to want to stay out long but opened the door. She lasted TEN SECONDS. I was still at the door when she came right back wanting to come in. Did I get to enjoy a few minutes of being right? No. She came back in hollering. I guess I should have raised the temperature before opening the door so it's all my fault. :lol: :angrycat::cold:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Annoyed gf while at ikea cause i didn't allow aNy useless looking at stuff thaT wasnt on list she made. So she got treated to a constant lets move the color or design you Want isnt in this section lets go to the next one none of this useless looking aroundfor something thats not here stick to your plan

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Annoyed gf while at ikea cause i didn't allow aNy useless looking at stuff thaT wasnt on list she made. So she got treated to a constant lets move the color or design you Want isnt in this section lets go to the next one none of this useless looking aroundfor something thats not here stick to your plan
O man box stores drive me nuts…I get totally Lost in the Supermarket! Plus they are designed to baffle you. Maybe GF needs a second shopping experience by herself, so less stress?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O man box stores drive me nuts…I get totally Lost in the Supermarket! Plus they are designed to baffle you. Maybe GF needs a second shopping experience by herself, so less stress?
no she just needs to quit spinning the wheels and quitlooking at useless stuff or basicly stick to the list she picked/made out. for example she wanted a blue carpet makes no logical sense then to continue looking at carpets that are 1. not the right color 2. not the design and 3. have no chance to fit in the area/space in her moms room much less ever be used. so its waste of time to continue looking at useless stuff. logically you move onto the next section of carpets or ask a worker to locate what your looking for right? thats what i would do.:lol: to make it all worse we'er going against the flow of traffic inside ikea . i had her take me home for her 2nd trip to a target to buy sheets for her moms bed :lol:actually she just called said she is on the way to her moms now for a lesson in frustration of trying to put that ikea stuff together with her dad he will stress her far worse than i ever can trying to help her

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband's shop cat is at the emergency vet right now. Last weekend he ended up with a UTI and turns out he has crystals. He was doing really good and peeing much better, but this afternoon his pees got real small, was going to the litter box multiple times, and the pee has a good amount of blood in it. We monitored for a bit, after calling the ER line and asking their opinion. But hubby is really anxious about it and decided to just suck up the cost and bring him in. They quoted about $1200 (CAN) for sedation, catheter and flush...not to mention the emergency fees and what not. More than likely, he will get an added prescription for a relaxant and pain pills...he already has an antibiotic. It doesn't seem like this will be an overnight thing, as he was not completely blocked...we're just taking precautions in case he was headed in that direction. I'm glad he won't be spending the night though because they charge $37.50 an hour for however long Seymour needs to be there. F:censored: robbery. It sucks too because I really don't like this vet...but we have no choice as they are the ER vet on call. They better not screw us over like the last time I had to deal with them. On the plus side...Seymour's not very calm when it comes to being handled...apparently he gave them a taste of his own medicine! LOL! If I can't bite the vet...as least he can and get away with it! :devilish:
It also looks like I'll be sleeping alone tonight...well not quite alone...the cats will just have more room in the bed. LOL! Hubby is going to spend the night as his shop so he can monitor Seymour to be sure he's OK if he ends up not having to spend the night at the vet. I packed a bunch of stuff for him so he'll be comfortable.
Anyway...I didn't need to start a whole thread about this but wanted to vent a bit...send Seymour your love.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My husband's shop cat is at the emergency vet right now. Last weekend he ended up with a UTI and turns out he has crystals. He was doing really good and peeing much better, but this afternoon his pees got real small, was going to the litter box multiple times, and the pee has a good amount of blood in it. We monitored for a bit, after calling the ER line and asking their opinion. But hubby is really anxious about it and decided to just suck up the cost and bring him in. They quoted about $1200 (CAN) for sedation, catheter and flush...not to mention the emergency fees and what not. More than likely, he will get an added prescription for a relaxant and pain pills...he already has an antibiotic. It doesn't seem like this will be an overnight thing, as he was not completely blocked...we're just taking precautions in case he was headed in that direction. I'm glad he won't be spending the night though because they charge $37.50 an hour for however long Seymour needs to be there. F:censored: robbery. It sucks too because I really don't like this vet...but we have no choice as they are the ER vet on call. They better not screw us over like the last time I had to deal with them. On the plus side...Seymour's not very calm when it comes to being handled...apparently he gave them a taste of his own medicine! LOL! If I can't bite the vet...as least he can and get away with it! :devilish:
It also looks like I'll be sleeping alone tonight...well not quite alone...the cats will just have more room in the bed. LOL! Hubby is going to spend the night as his shop so he can monitor Seymour to be sure he's OK if he ends up not having to spend the night at the vet. I packed a bunch of stuff for him so he'll be comfortable.
Anyway...I didn't need to start a whole thread about this but wanted to vent a bit...send Seymour your love.
I hope he's better soon! Urinary troubles in males are nothing to mess around with, so despite it all I'm glad he was seen and your husband is going to hang out with him overnight (assuming he's not still at the vet).
$37.50 an hour on top of services seems....a lot. That would be $1800 on top of the actual bill for a 2 day hospitalization :( Is this clinic independently owned or a corp?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he's better soon! Urinary troubles in males are nothing to mess around with, so despite it all I'm glad he was seen and your husband is going to hang out with him overnight (assuming he's not still at the vet).
$37.50 an hour on top of services seems....a lot. That would be $1800 on top of the actual bill for a 2 day hospitalization :( Is this clinic independently owned or a corp?
Independent. Their prices are one of the reasons I hate them. They don't have any competition in this area and charge up the wazoo. Vet care in general is expensive around here, but they certainly know how to gouge.

I just got a call from hubby, and he's back at the shop with Seymour. Says he's stoned out of his mind, but everything went well. A rather large stone...or clump of crystals I guess, came out with the flushing. Vet says that it probably would not have passed on it's own. My guess it was the cause of this sudden down turn, as he was doing very well with progressively larger pees since the vet trip last week. It was probably stuck in his urethra. Here's hoping Seymour continues to heal up. I have to go to the shop tomorrow morning to help my husband with giving the meds. He was given a pain med in a liquid and (I think) a relaxant. I'm the one who usually does all the medical stuff with our cats at home so he's not confident on how to pill a cat...especially a kitty who can be a little salty like Seymour. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Seymour. I’m glad he won’t need an overnight. Those prices really are crazy! I hope hes better after this. I finally had to learn to use the pill popper with Mooch when she was sick a few months ago. Good ol Google videos came through for me. :rolleyes2: I’ve always been able to pill her with treats before.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve always been able to pill her with treats before.
With my fair share of sick kitties over the years, I gave up with the tricks to get them to take meds. I find it much easier now to just shove it in there and make them swallow...We'll see how Seymour takes it, but I'm sure it'll be fine...he's not going to be my first big, strong and salty cat. And if need be, we'll start with the pain meds, which make him a bit loopy, wait a bit for them to calm him down, then give him the other one.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Independent. Their prices are one of the reasons I hate them. They don't have any competition in this area and charge up the wazoo. Vet care in general is expensive around here, but they certainly know how to gouge.

I just got a call from hubby, and he's back at the shop with Seymour. Says he's stoned out of his mind, but everything went well. A rather large stone...or clump of crystals I guess, came out with the flushing. Vet says that it probably would not have passed on it's own. My guess it was the cause of this sudden down turn, as he was doing very well with progressively larger pees since the vet trip last week. It was probably stuck in his urethra. Here's hoping Seymour continues to heal up. I have to go to the shop tomorrow morning to help my husband with giving the meds. He was given a pain med in a liquid and (I think) a relaxant. I'm the one who usually does all the medical stuff with our cats at home so he's not confident on how to pill a cat...especially a kitty who can be a little salty like Seymour. :lol:
I'm glad Seymour is home and didn't have to stay the night. And I really hope he continues to heal up! Does his regular vet know why he forms crystals or stones?
I'm usually pretty good pilling cats but a few times Sarah has (not intentionally) opened up a finger or two on me. If he's eating, do you think his pills could be hidden in food?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With my fair share of sick kitties over the years, I gave up with the tricks to get them to take meds. I find it much easier now to just shove it in there and make them swallow...We'll see how Seymour takes it, but I'm sure it'll be fine...he's not going to be my first big, strong and salty cat. And if need be, we'll start with the pain meds, which make him a bit loopy, wait a bit for them to calm him down, then give him the other one.
That's a really good idea on starting with the meds that make him a little more loopy so he's easier to handle for the rest.
Poor dude, I hope he's on the road to recovery!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget about the password for your router. I had to reset everything. It took over an hour because I forgot that I had. Changed it and did not remember how to find it again. End up missing my workout
I have them all saved in an Excel file that's not stored on any of our computers. I went through the same thing with the router, and it was a chore to figure it out.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does his regular vet know why he forms crystals or stones?
Our regular vet, who we went to the first time, said he has a small bladder for a cat his size. She also said that he had a lot of crystal formation so she assumes that it's been building for quite some time. This was the same for our other kitty Hank (he's since passed away). He was big boy with a tiny little bladder. I think a small bladder encourages the minerals a better chance of forming crystals or something...I can't remember the exact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.