What's it like where you live?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Great photos everyone!!! I really need to do some travelling!

Here is a nice photo of state street in the daytime.
YOur downtown looks JUST like downtown Alameda, that homey feel and yet bustling.

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Silly Jilly I actually use to live in Michigan too so I know what it's like there also. I Lived in Arizona too. Florida I like the best though because of all the animals. It's too hot for me here though
....except in winter. Then it's ok.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

YOur downtown looks JUST like downtown Alameda, that homey feel and yet bustling.
Kinda like a Norman Rockwell painting, huh?
It's cool that two towns so far away can have so much in common. I love towns like that

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been really nice here in Chicago the past few days (well, once it stopped raining). I walked down to Borders tonight and actually felt a little bit of a breezy chill in the air--I can smell Fall right around the corner (Thank GOD! This summer was too darn hot!)

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MeezerPleezer

Florida I like the best though because of all the animals. It's too hot for me here though
Ahhhh...I freeze here in Florida in the winter.
And I hate being forced out of my flip-flops and into warmer shoes as well!

Loved your Florida wildlife pics btw! I've been trying to get some pics of some really cool birds that call the river behind my apartment complex home. None have been as awesome as yours yet though!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Silly Jilly I actually use to live in Michigan too so I know what it's like there also. I Lived in Arizona too. Florida I like the best though because of all the animals. It's too hot for me here though
Where in MI did you live? Sure you don't miss the snow at all huh?

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We moved alot so I've lived in Grand Rapids....Kalamazoo, Capac about an 45 min away from Port Huron, St. Claire, Warren,...Many more. You get the point, we kind of live all over lol

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't have any pictures of the scenery of Florida...But I do have pictures of animals of Florida that I took.
remind me never to move to florida.... i am scared of almost every animal in that you pictured!

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

remind me never to move to florida.... i am scared of almost every animal in that you pictured!
alot of them were on nature trails. The peacocks they have just walking around at this cemetary.

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

And I hate being forced out of my flip-flops and into warmer shoes as well!

Loved your Florida wildlife pics btw! I've been trying to get some pics of some really cool birds that call the river behind my apartment complex home. None have been as awesome as yours yet though!
I think It's good in the 60-70's....It's way too hot right now!

Thanks for the comments!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I grew up in FL, so I feel your pain.
But, then I went to upstate NY for college, where it snows about 3 feet every day it seems, then moved to Chicago, and somehow my cold tolerance has gotten better.

Piece of advice: if you're freezing in FL in the winter, don't ever leave!! It's pretty much cold everywhere else!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I grew up in FL, so I feel your pain.
But, then I went to upstate NY for college, where it snows about 3 feet every day it seems, then moved to Chicago, and somehow my cold tolerance has gotten better.

Piece of advice: if you're freezing in FL in the winter, don't ever leave!! It's pretty much cold everywhere else!
I don't plan on ever moving out of Florida (since I get the feeling I'd never make it in winters), but I'm certainly not going to say never. It seems that once you put an "I'll never..." in front of an action you almost inevitably end up doing it someday!