What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick had a rack of baby back ribs last night, while I had a 10-ounce steak. As soon as the waitress brought our food, we put half of it into a box to bring home. We are having the leftovers today for dinner.

Restaurant was nothing fancy; it's a new Texas Roadhouse. We've been to a TR before, but this one just opened in our area and our friends wanted to try it out. The food wasn't bad, but dear lord, they played country music so loud I couldn't hear Rick talking to me and he was sitting right next to me! We even asked for the music to be turned down, but they said they can't touch the volume, that it's set at the Roadhouse recommended level. I probably won't go back. I like conversation while eating and I like to be able to talk without saying, "What? What?" I have a problem hearing over background noise as it is and that was simply ridiculous. A lot of people were complaining about it. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Why do you torture him like that? :uuh:
My sick "kid" decided he wanted guacamole and salsa with baked chips, so that is what we had last night. :lol3: He still doesn't feel well, but is going stir crazy, so we may go out for a quick meal somewhere.
You are a woman after my own heart. I 'love' going out to eat.
Yum.
Where and what?
I had scallops. :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did nobody eat today?

Schnitzel chips and avocado. Not schnitzels like Friday night which were freshly prepared by my daughter but frozen and done in the microwave.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the whole family eating no carbs at dinner time. So instead of spaghetti bolognaise we are having vegetable bolognaise.;)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had scallops. :)
I'm not really sure what scallops actually are :-(

Same as last night without the green salad.
They are a type of shellfish.

It's going to be a salad tonight but I am not sure with what on it. Chicken maybe? We had salad last night and I had scallops with it and Aaron had salmon, and the piece of salmon was huge and I figured it would be for two nights, but he ate it all. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A vegetarian taco salad. Somebody mentioned tacos and that made me hungry for them. And I really like taco salads.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@AbbysMom.
That often happens when I take me out to eat. I think it's too much. I'll take the rest home for supper and then poof it's all gone.
What salad did/will you make and what dressing?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am making cube steak with gray and mashed potatoes. I will also make a green vegetable, not sure what that will be.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making fish and chips. My husband doesn't like fish, so he will have a meatball sandwich leftover from yesterday. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm baking a couple of pieces of pork in the oven and serving with store ginger sauce. Then taking a nap!  I may eat some collards later.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking pork chops again. So yummy. My fridge is full of veggies that are washed and half prepared so I can easily grab and cook them. I'll decide which ones at the last minute.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a take away Japanese meal which was awful. The soup had tons of noodles and meat and even a hard boiled egg but it was completely tasteless. Then noodles with chicken and different green veggies seasoned with green curry. Well that was the only seasoning it had and I couldn't eat it.
What a disappointment.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Either hot sausage with onions and peppers (Rick will have his in a bun) or chili from the freezer.

If I heat up the chili, I will throw together a pan of Vermont cornbread, too. Vermont cornbread is made with maple syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.