What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade pizza. I have a dough ball thawing in the fridge....got it out of the freezer last night. I think it's going to be a cheeseburger pizza tonight, with lots of sauteed onions.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Rick decides to make. He's off work this week.....and I'm not cooking. Last night, he got some haddock out of the freezer and did that in the  broiler, along with some kielbasa, ham, and bean soup that his mother gave us to try. It was quite good.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As I spent all afternoon baking 10 dozen cookies and doing 2 beef roasts in the Crock-Pots (for Christmas dinner) , it's a quick dinner:

Meatloaf, with applewood-smoked bacon on top

Cheddar mashed potatoes

Leftover roasted Brussels sprouts

Corn

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inlaws sent us a wonderful batch of Omaha steaks goodies - having a ribeye and small lobster tail (grilling both) this Christmas eve. And a small piece of my gram's recipe for a traditional scfincione.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The in-laws were over, and we had the typical German Christmas Eve dinner - bratwurst, potato salad and assorted other salads. I wanted to make homemade pizza, but DH wanted brats.I've promised my f-i-l that I'll make pizza for him soon.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beautiful friend from an online game I play sent me a huge box of housewarming gifts, and among them were three different kinds of soup. We will be having split pea with ham...mmmm...cause it's gonna be a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!! :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are smoking a fresh ham that we cured ourselves over the past 5 days, putting on a sugar-free glaze  - new recipe I found,  having mashed cauliflower, salad and for carby stuff - a wee bit of the spiced holiday vodka we make every year, 1 piece (1/2 piece for me) of my gram's recipe for scfincione, and a homemade cookie.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays folks!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas was grilled prime rib. My brother grilled it with wood chips and it was delicious! I usually hate steak but I ate every last bit of mine. :) He's a good cook. Tonight was egg salad sandwiches. It was decent, not my favorite but edible. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't made a meal since the stuffed shells I made on Christmas Eve. :anon: Last night I thawed some chicken chili. Aaron is out tonight, so I think I will have the rest of that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took tomato sauce out of the freezer this morning. We are doing vegetarian tonight. A bit of pasta with sauteed vegetables and a marinara sauce. I feel like I could explode from eating so much the past couple of weeks and enough is enough.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonight was broiled pork chops, roasted asparagus and some crusty garlic bread. We tried a little of my mom's homemade apple butter on the chops and they were delicious. :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Took some vegetable soup out of the freezer this morning. We'll have that with some garlic-parmesan rolls from the freezer.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Going to friends for dinner tonight, I don't know what she's making. I have a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert. Going out to the kitchen in a little while to make some more almond brittle (that stuff I made the other week didn't last very long!).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband is low slow cooking a sirloin tip roast in our big green egg today.  Will have salad, broccoli with that, and for dessert, some raspberry kringle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.