What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL are coming for dinner tonight. Squash bisque, French Onion salisbury steaks, caramelized brussels sprouts (with lots of bacon!), and twice-baked potatoes. Blueberry pie for dessert.

Went to a new (to me) winery and bought a couple bottles of a red wine that I want to try, too.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Dinner tonight at our fave restaurant!!!!! We didn't go last week, due to the holiday (we had ordered a special Thanksgiving take-out from them, though).

I've been cooped up in the house for 2 weeks, due to my knee injury. Except for 1-2 work days where I tried to tough it out and go to work, I've been home, elevating and resting it. BORING.   I can't wait to get out tonight!!!!!!! Freedom!!!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we had dinner at a little local Italian restaurant.  The owners are first-generation immigrants from ...Chechnya, Albania, somewhere in that region.  Good, simple food, and the owner usually sits at one of the front tables to socialize and help out with service, etc.  This is more like a little neighborhood cafe in Italy than a fancy restaurant.

Oh, and I got to go out front and cuddle with the cat that belongs to the Japanese restaurant next door.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nuremberg sausage with cabbage and potatoes. You wouldn't believe the size of the head of cabbage DH bought yesterday!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, I love Ina's recipes. That one is in her At Home cookbook.

And tonight we are having........Shrimp with Orzo!!!
 (minus the cucumber)

I'm serious. All that talk about seafood and such made me hungry for some shrimp. When we hit the grocery store last night, there was a shrimp sale, plus 2x the gas points. Rick saw that and said we hadn't had shrimp for awhile, so we decided to grab some. It's on ice in the fridge as I type. And I bought some feta at the store last night, too!.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brined and roasted a chicken last night. It was soooo good! And I got the chicken for about $5.00! So we'll be having leftover that, then soup out of the carcass.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Karen, I love Ina's recipes. That one is in her At Home cookbook.

And tonight we are having........Shrimp with Orzo!!! :lol3:  (minus the cucumber)

I'm serious. All that talk about seafood and such made me hungry for some shrimp. When we hit the grocery store last night, there was a shrimp sale, plus 2x the gas points. Rick saw that and said we hadn't had shrimp for awhile, so we decided to grab some. It's on ice in the fridge as I type. And I bought some feta at the store last night, too!.
:eek: what are the chances? :lol3: I've never made it before and I really like it! Did you get your shrimp at Stop and Shop too? :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I got on this post and saw that you were making Shrimp with Orzo, I started laughing....what are the odds? We got the shrimp last night at our Giant store. I made the Shrimp with Orzo when I got home from work today at noon as it has to come to room temperature. I've made it a few times now, always sans the cucumber as Rick doesn't care for them. It's absolutely delicious.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonight is two deviled eggs, a bowl of "skillet lasagna," several cups of strong, hot tea, and maybe a salad in a few minutes. It's finals week, and I have to take one more tonight. I also might make a box of Kraft Dinner later to comfort myself. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Grilled ham with grilled French fries tonight. Rick wants to work on his Christmas lights for awhile as he's bowling late tonight. We'll be grilling by deck light tonight!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not grilled ham!

Sausage and peppers tonight.

I'm not sure tonight, although I'm kind of thinking Subway. I'd like to start making batches of cookie dough for the fridge (doing a marathon cooking baking session with my sister on Sunday) and I don't want to have to hassle with dinner and dishes on top of that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think we are going out tonight. Today is the 24 year anniversary of when Aaron and I started dating and as corny as it is, we like to go out to celebrate. :). It won't be anything fancy though.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are going out tonight. Today is the 24 year anniversary of when Aaron and I started dating and as corny as it is, we like to go out to celebrate.
. It won't be anything fancy though.
Wonderful..congratulations!  We still remember and sometimes celebrate our engagement day too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.