What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The other day I made turkey chili and a sausage, leek, potato and spinach soup. It will be one of those.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Braised loin chops seasoned with house made Cajun seasoning.  Fresh whipped potatoes and sugar snap peas.  Bakery bought pumpkin muffins for dessert.  Simple fare but delicious!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making a big pot of chili. Freezing fog this morning! Brrr! DH is in the middle of harvest of Christmas trees and will be out in it most of the day as this is a BIG shipping day for them. I think a big bowl of homemade chili and some corn bread will hit the spot. I'm using antelope burger. My 13 yo niece bagged her first southern Oregon antelope this year and made sure we got some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef pot pie. With pickled cabbage and applesauce brownies. We had a large pot roast last night and there's plenty of beef leftover. 

The worst part of making pot pie is the long braising time for the beef. Since I did the pot roast in the pressure cooker last night, that part is already out of the way. So all I have to do is make the dough and then roll the pot pie out and cut it. And that won't take long.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
With Thanksgiving coming, I need to clear out soem space in teh freezer, so will be eating a lot from that for the next week or so. Tonight will be some clam chowder I made a while back.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
With Thanksgiving coming, I need to clear out soem space in teh freezer, so will be eating a lot from that for the next week or so. Tonight will be some clam chowder I made a while back.
Rick would love to come to your house for dinner tonight....he just loves clam chowder. And it's something I don't make very often.

It didn't work out with the beef pot pie tonight. I just now got home from meeting with the minister for Mom's service and I'm not messing around with pot pie dough anymore tonight. (Rick knew that, too; when I didn't get home by 5:00, he called for pizza delivery. He knew I wouldn't want to deal with dough.)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made swiss steak yesterday, let the flavors meld overnight..having it tonight  - over rice for dh, over shirataki (aka "miracle" noodles) noodles for me.  Salad, and a piece of almond roca for dessert.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made swiss steak yesterday, let the flavors meld overnight..having it tonight  - over rice for dh, over shirataki (aka "miracle" noodles) noodles for me.  Salad, and a piece of almond roca for dessert.
 Those shirataki noodles are amazing aren't they!!!???

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and fresh broccoli for us tonight. I'm a horrible meatloaf-maker. Let's all cross our fingers!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Those shirataki noodles are amazing aren't they!!!???

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and fresh broccoli for us tonight. I'm a horrible meatloaf-maker. Let's all cross our fingers!
They are indeed..great for when you are into cold weather sauces, stews etc.  Best wishes for your best meatloaf ever :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I cannot make a good meatloaf to save my life. And believe me, I've tried and tried. The meatloaf maker in our family is dear Richard who makes one great meatloaf! He's also the hamburger maker as I can't make hamburgers either.

No idea what we're having as we're going to Rick's parents for dinner tonight. And she won't tell me what she's making.

Last edited:

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot make a good meatloaf to save my life. And believe me, I've tried and tried. The meatloaf maker in our family is dear Richard who makes one great meatloaf! He's also the hamburger maker as I can't make hamburgers either.

No idea what we're having as we're going to Rick's parents for dinner tonight. And she won't tell me what she's making.
 Aren't Mother In Laws fun? LOL

Meatloaf turned out GREAT! haha only took me 50 years!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon cheeseburgers, big salad, and a slice of the blueberry pear clafouti I'm making today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, we are having the beef pot pie tonight that we didn't have on Monday. Rick is really hungry for it now and, since I'm not working today or tomorrow, I've promised him that I'd make it tonight. With some bean salad (whenever I make something like pot pie, I always feel that I need just a little of something tart). And a create-a-crust (Bisquick) apple pie for dessert.

Kluchetta, my MIL is the best! I'm lucky....she is a peach. She made ravioli with her special pasta sauce for dinner last night. With homemade garlic bread and an apple and blueberry crumble for dessert. And she gave us the leftovers!!! 
 (And we're having that for Friday night's dinner.)

Last edited:

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we are having the beef pot pie tonight that we didn't have on Monday. Rick is really hungry for it now and, since I'm not working today or tomorrow, I've promised him that I'd make it tonight. With some bean salad (whenever I make something like pot pie, I always feel that I need just a little of something tart). And a create-a-crust (Bisquick) apple pie for dessert.

Kluchetta, my MIL is the best! I'm lucky....she is a peach. She made ravioli with her special pasta sauce for dinner last night. With homemade garlic bread and an apple and blueberry crumble for dessert. And she gave us the leftovers!!! 
 (And we're having that for Friday night's dinner.)
 Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing....especially homemade garlic bread! Wow!

Last night I used the meatloaf leftovers and made a casserole. I layered the broccoli, a little A1 steak sauce, pieces of meatloaf, some tomatoes and onion, potatoes, gravy, a teeny bit of cheese, and some ranch dressing. It sounds crazy but it was SOOOOOO good!!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and dumplings. DH had another cold day and needed a comfort type meal. He hasn't had a day off in over a month.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm making a big pot of chili. Freezing fog this morning! Brrr! DH is in the middle of harvest of Christmas trees and will be out in it most of the day as this is a BIG shipping day for them. I think a big bowl of homemade chili and some corn bread will hit the spot. I'm using antelope burger. My 13 yo niece bagged her first southern Oregon antelope this year and made sure we got some.

I have the crock pot filled with chili for the freezer. It's chilly around here this morning.

Tonight is the Night of Leftovers. 
 We're having the leftover ravioli that my MIL gave to us on Wednesday night. I have a loaf of homemade bread rising in the oven to go with the ravioli. Still have some of that bean salad leftover. And the apple pie from last night. 

Status
Not open for further replies.