What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A smoked chicken, pepper bacon and roast beef club sandwich, potato salad and house made cole slaw tonight.  The sandwich will be topped with gouda cheese and sliced avocado.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burgers, flatiron steak,( and cooking ahead - grilled chicken and veggie skewers), fresh garden salad, my mock potato salad, and probably a single serve ice cream for dessert

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Veggie Delight Subway sandwich, fresh fruit and chips. AND ICE CREAM for dessert. :yummy: Edy's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (the "light" version, of course :lol3:)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade Italian roast beef, salad, garlic mashed cauliflower, rum raisin ice ceam :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a meeting right after work and til we get out of that, we're going to be hungry. I think we'll just have breakfast for dinner and make some omelets with a salad and a garlic-parmesan roll from the freezer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
THis is going to depend on the weather because we may have severe weather later. If I can grill outside we are going to have chicken and chourico with a garden salad, grilled zuchini and green beans. If I can't, it's going to be eggs or frozen pizza. :lol3:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Portuguese littlenecks and shrimp. Lately it seems I am either cooking this or grilling chicken and having it with a green salad.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really didn't want to cook.  We had bacon, eggs and toast with cranberry juice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A slice of grilled ham with a nice big salad: lettuces, tomatoes, red onions, carrots, cucumber, chunks of green and red peppers, broccoli, and zucchini slices. Topped off with my favorite homemade tangy tomato dressing.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
London Broil - probably will use in a flaxseed wrap I have that is lower carb, with some blue cheese, salad and  brussel sprouts. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Gingered spaghetti salad

I found a recipe for Asian ginger dressing that I'd like to try. The salad is just chunks of cooked chicken (we'll grill it tonight) with cooked spaghetti, red pepper, yellow pepper, edamame (I just love edamame!), cucumber and red onion, tossed with the dressing. It sounds good. I didn't buy any Asian ginger dressing when we went to the grocery store, so I needed to find a recipe for the dressing. Found one last night that looks good:  with garlic, fresh ginger root, olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and water. Looks simple enough, although I'll probably doctor it up a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ham and bean soup from the freezer. With Vermont Maple Cornbread.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband is grilling me a birthday ribeye :)  and he bought me a birthday cake from our favorite local bakery (a small slice can be worked into my diet).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I made Rick breakfast in bed....he had mentioned a few days ago that it had been awhile since I had made pancakes. I knew he wasn't going to church yesterday, so I decided to surprise him. We enjoyed our breakfast, but boy, it's getting difficult to have breakfast in bed with seven cats with us!

Then for dinner, I had gotten two very small bonesless/skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer. Had no clue what to do with them. Well, I took some honey-glazed red onions (that I had canned last year and wanted to get used), added some thawed spinach and chopped apple, threw in some thyme, rosemary, some dried cranberries, and some bread crumbs. Stuffed the chicken breasts with that. Then I wrapped each breast in bacon slices and used toothpicks to secure the bacon slices. Browned the bacon well in my pan, then threw the breasts in the oven to finish cooking. While they were cooking, I kept slathering them with bbq sauce. You know what? They turned out delicious, esp since I was winging it from start to finish!  We had them with corn on the cob, fresh from the garden....our first ears. And applesauce brownies with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.