What's For Dinner? - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out for lunch with girls: Pizza!! with an antipasto salad....
Man, I could eat pizza daily...
This time we got 1/2 regular cheese and 1/2 margarita pizza. One friend had never had a margarita pizza.. so she tried a small piece and liked it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be scramble eggs with peppers and onions. Maybe an English muffin, depending on how hungry I am. Dinner will be a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and squash with onions...unless I get really lazy, toast two slices of bread and make this into a burger!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it we had Costco's frozen Trident Seafoods Alaska Salmon Burgers. I did them in the toaster oven, as always. Wouldn't you know - as I was putting the bag (it's resealable) back in the freezer I happened to notice there are directions for preparing them in an air fryer! Difference? In the toaster oven cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Air fryer - cook for 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Think I'll stay with the toaster oven.

Himself had his on a lightly toaster roll with a smear of mayonnaise. I just had the burger, no roll.

Sides were instant mashed potatoes made with milk, butter, boiling water. And braised cabbage. After a quick saute in frying pan I used homemade chicken stock for the liquid, finished with the lid off until liquid was pretty much gone. Good choice instead of the coleslaw I had originally been thinking of.

Nice dinner.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to take Harry to the ortho walk in clinic this afternoon.Sometime this morning he felt a pop in his hip,lots of pain and can put no pressure on the leg.After 2 xrays,no obvious fracture showed up...hairline?Maybe an mri?Anyway,absolute rest and no outside anything,and she's going to call the heart institute and see if she can put a rush on the pacemaker.So dinner was on the way home from the ortho...Sonic burgers and fries and we shared a cherry limeade.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We still have leftovers from my veggie chili and are trying to finish it - it's the meal that keeps on giving, lol. :lol: DH is going to have his chili over a large baked potato and I'm going to have it over spinach leaves. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be "I dunno," and dinner will be "more of the same." It's a play it by ear night, evidently.

How's your "new" kitchen setup working out?
I should have done it YEARS ago! I have double the open counter space now!

One of my default dinners, i.e. veggie hummus wrap with a sweet potato.
I did NOT get enough sleep last night! I first read this as "veggie hummus wrapped in a sweet potato," and wondered, "HOW????" :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: