What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lunch out with our daughter in the city - I had quiche made with leeks, mushrooms, caramelized onions and herbed goat cheese. Arugula salad on the side. So not too hungry for dinner but had a bowl of lentil vegetable soup.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch will be a vegetable egg scramble (with a pouting cat on the side...they're scrambled with onions), and dinner will be pasta and meatballs with seasoned peas. This will be my first time with the seasoned peas. We'll see.
Hek must be wondering what's going on- there's been onions lately- Hek can't imagine why Mommy's being so stingy!lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our French onion Salisbury steaks were so good last night; it's been ages. Ended up serving them over noodles with green beans as a side. (Rick said he'd rather have noodles because I'm doing potatoes in Cornish Pasties on Monday.) It worked. And we had little pumpkin custards for dessert.

Tonight will be beef and broccoli stir-fry over fried brown rice. An easy menu.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making an Amish onion soda bread to go with.
Oh my, that sounds wonderful. I've never heard of Amish onion soda bread but I'd sure like to try it. :yummy:

We worked in the yard today, clearing the patio, removing all the annuals, cutting back the perennials, etc. so I made a big pot of macaroni tonight. DH added tuna to his and I gave Carleton a bit of the tuna, he loved it. :catrub: I added avocado and black beans to mine. Raspberries for dessert.

Oops :oops: I just saw I forgot to hit reply yesterday.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Amish onion soda bread? Interesting!

We have two Salisbury steaks leftover from the other night and some leftover fried brown rice from last night. I'm thinking....
Yes it is interesting,but in my opinion they missed their mark.The onion topping is to die for,but the "bread" part is kinda bland.I think the onions and seasonings should be swirled into the bread itself.I'll send you the recipe and you tell me what you think.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty says she's in the mood for sour cream, so lunch will be taquitos. Dinner will be chicken strips with corn and mac n cheese.
I hadn't realized she(HeK) was just like us- a condiment girl,the condiments determine the meal,hahahaha

Just love Her Majesty,Sami would be such a perfect boyfriend for Hekitty,he really loves to lick my plate of certain juices ( that are safe of course) and I don't care who thinks it's disgusting because Sami is furry person!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers from my lunch out with friends - chopped salad with sunflower seeds, jicama, cucumber, apple, pear, dried cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette. Side dish of roasted cauliflower with sun-dried tomato. DH is on his own tonight. :lol: (Actually I told him I'd make a grilled cheese sandwich with sweet potato fries.)

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I made dinner for the last 4 days in a row; usually hubby and I trade off, so I told him it was his turn for tonight.
After perusing the options at home, he declared he was taking me out.
Which means I have to dress up a bit to go out. Then come home and change for an evening walk to work it off
I am honestly not enthused.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, those pasties hit the spot last night. I had been wanting a pastie for quite a while and these were simply delicious. I made two large ones (instead of the four the recipe suggested) because I knew we'd eat them.

I'm thinking cheesesteaks in the garden for tonight. They won't take long to make and Rick is bowling tonight. A small bowl of potato salad to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.