What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be...um. OH, waffles, so Hek can have her beloved syrup licks! Dinner will be my beloved chicken strips meal.

AND...I got my supplies for my Halloween dinner delivered. I'll have a (very) small pork roast, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, biscuits, applesause, and apple pie for dessert. Yes, yes, I do, indeed have a Halloween dinner, being Wicc-ish. LOL, not quite Wiccan, but VERY similar.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought down some tomatoes and peppers from the garden yesterday. Not a lot, maybe about 4 pounds or so. I skinned them and ran them through the blender. And am cooking them down. Added some sauteed onion and peppers, basil, oregano, and a ton of sauteed garlic to the mix. We'll have the sauce tonight over spaghetti.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be eggs fixed someway with bread of some sort. I'm open at this point. Dinner will be another chicken strip meal, IF Instacart gets here. If not, will dig through the upright and find something.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Sunday I had 2 cheese Quesadillas, spanish rice and a black bean salad.

Last night we had a small portion of cheese tortelline, a tiny amout of peas and 1/2 piece of toast.
I guess times are getting hard. The staff here get a free meal if they have left overs from our meals. Last night the staff got double the amount of tortelli that we got and they got 2 full pieces of toast instead of the 1/2 piece of toast that we got. When they brought out the dessert tray a women that works the front desk ran over and grab a slice of Boston creme pie for herself.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch, which is about 16 hours away, will almost certainly be taquitos, simply because every time I open the fridge and see the sour cream, I lick my lips. Dinner will be shepherd's pie.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had a huge dinner plate salad with Thousand Islands dressing last night. I did love the dried tamarind fruit I put on it! Yum! Found those at TJ Maxx. Also got dried Mulberries. Google says they might help with my oil pit face. I saw them there, and I'm like what the heck, I'll give it a try!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking salmon cakes tonight.

We do have some spaghetti leftover from last night and a bit of braised pork and scalloped potatoes from Sunday (I decided on scalloped instead of mashed potatoes and they were yummy). So, depending on how lazy I am, it will be salmon cakes or leftovers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just been having huge dinner plate salads with thousand islands dressing. Put that dried Tamarind fruit on it that I love. Yum. That pumpkin spice cheese is kinda weird. I don't think I like sweet cheese. I prefer savory.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The salmon cakes were really good, but man, what a mess. For some reason, I couldn't get them to hold their shape and they kept falling apart. I've made them before with no trouble, but last night was futile. We had leftover scalloped potatoes with them (I wanted to make hush puppies and coleslaw, but simply ran out of time, so the potatoes worked). Thankfully, Rick goes by taste and not how things look.

Rick is bowling tonight, so I'm thinking frozen pizza is on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.