What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not know... last night I got 'something' which was on the menu: bar-b-que chicken. This turned out to be dark meat. Now, I do enjoy dark meat, because it is not as dry as breast meat. I got a couple f drumsticks and some coleslaw. It was gross.. just bad... It tasted gamey, strong, old-- Man, I do not have the appropriate words for it.. rancid... just gross.. ate a bit, cuz I was hungry and did not make a salad. I got some coleslaw to go with it. The cabbage was chopped, instead of shredded.
I will say the the aftertaste, and reflux made me feel as if I had swallowed raw sewage! It was horrible.
I do not know what type of chicken it was.. It tasted like road kill...

Unfortunately, to cover up the grossness I had to have 4 hard candies and a half bag of Cheez-It Crisps, in double cheddar!
Off my diet!! dam..

That's what I get for eating their food... but I need to save money..

For $230 a month-- one supper 5 days a week, I expect so much more.. It is worthless to argue.

Tonight, either a salad of mine, or some butternut squash soup from TJ's... need to pick up a couple things there: blueberries, and a squash-- love butternut and spaghetti squash..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've fallen behind again in posting so trying to catch up.......
Tuesday - Veggie hummus wrap with a sweet potato for dinner, dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert.
Wednesday - I finished the leftover fusilli pasta with a spinach salad. Strawberries for dessert.
Thursday - I had a late lunch so I'm thinking soup and naan crackers I bought at TJ's. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be fish sticks. Must remember to save some nibbles for Hek to try. After a lifetime of ignoring "people food," she's now going nuts with it! Dinner will be a chicken pot pie.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
And now I'm hungry for pancakes.

The French onion chicken was good last night. I used the 14-in-1 NFG. Seared the chicken first, using Sear and Sauté on High. removed the chicken and the onions were next with ten minutes on, believe it or not, Broil. That started a good caramelization on the onions; I was surprised. Added a bit of cornstarch slurry with the beef stock. Threw the chicken back into the pot, brought it to boil on Sear and Sauté to thicken the sauce and cook for a few minutes. Put the slices of cheese on the chicken (I didn't have Gruyere, so I used baby Swiss). Put the rack in the pot with the bread slices and went back to Broil for about 7 minutes or so to toast the bread and continue cooking the chicken and melting the cheese. The bottom line? In about 45 minutes, dinner was served. And it was good. One pot and the toast rack went into the dishwasher. Served with green beans and sauteed red peppers. Easy dinner.

I'm not sure about tonight. Probably the leftover spaghetti. I can use the cheddar-pepperoni bread with a bit of garlic butter and extra cheese for my version of Texas toast.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making DH teriyaki chicken with brown rice, peas and carrots. That's about the extent of his veggies. :lol: I'm having avocado toast with tomato, zucchini, red pepper, spinach leaves and melting swiss cheese on top. More strawberries for dessert before they spoil

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, lunch yesterday ended up being waffles instead of fish sticks, as I was behind schedule, and the waffles are 3 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Hek got syrup licks, and was happy. Fish sticks tonight, with dinner being Swedish meatballs.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The local grocery store had split chicken breasts on sale for $1.49/lb and whole pork tenderloins for $2.29/lb.Needless to say,I sent hubby to town for 2 tenderloins and 4 pkgs. of chicken.I kept 2 pkgs. of chicken out to process,cut up one loin into chops and a roast and everything else went in the chest freezer.To my surprise,there were 3 huge breasts per pkg.,so they got skinned,deboned and cut into cutlets,tenders and bones/scraps for soup , packaged for the freezer in the house.I kept out 2 cutlets that I seasoned, floured and sauteed in a skillet,when done made a bit of gravy,made from scratch rice a roni and cooked some fresh beans from the garden.That was our dinner.I was worried being so big they'd be tough and yuk,but they were wonderful!Yay me!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Burrito from the food truck in town, the guy gave me a whole ghost pepper, so I chopped that up in a pile of salsa and ate the whole thing on my burrito! That's nuts! Surprised I survived it. Hee hee.

Dinner: Mom's roommate made me spaghetti & we put ghost pepper sauce on it. She put like 20 drops on hers & didn't even bat an eyelash! I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open. I finally met my match!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef stew tonight. I'm hungry for Cornish pasties, but have no sirloin. Beef stew is the next best thing, I guess. I'm thinking of making popovers and then putting the stew over the popovers. I'm kind of hungry for Yorkshire pudding, too. So popovers it is. It's kind of a weird combination, but it will be OK. I made Cowboy Candy yesterday (essentially pickled peppers) so I'll have some with my stew.

Status
Not open for further replies.