What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night it was Costco frozen salmon burgers done in a toaster oven. Served on a toasted bun with a dollop of homemade coleslaw. Last of the three bean salad for a side. I baked chocolate chip cookies late in the afternoon so that's what Himself had for dessert.

Tonight, having made a Wal-mart & Costco run this morning (frozen salmon burgers were already in the freezer) it will be some cubed white meat from one of their rotisserie chickens with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Sides will be instant mashed potatoes and microwaved fresh broccoli.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tuna steak marinating, to be broiled for dinner. Marinade is soy sauce, finely grated lime zest, lime juice, whole grain mustard, olive oil.

For sides - black beans with diced red onion and sweet pepper, tossed with a red wine vinegar / olive oil dressing. That's chilling in the refrigerator. And microwave steamed fresh asparagus, to be done at the last minute.

Sounds good. Hope it tastes as good as it sounds to me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is the building's 45 anniversary. They are going all out with an Anniversary party. There is a cocktail hour with hors d'serves, free cocktails, a chamber music trio. Then it is on to the dining room, for an hour, listening to all the dignitaries, and then at 6pm, is supper. I picked a petite sirloin. This is the first time they every offered steak in this building! I wonder if they even have steak knives!!
roasted honey glazed rainbow carrots with a beet salad, with raspberry dressing, and for dessert, I ordered a raspberry glacee with berry compote...

Cocktail dress is required!! I do not have cocktail dress!! just wearing some good clothes, if they fit!!
A nice black and white pullover shirt, in a paisley print with a bit of lace around the neckline--- if it fits---
or a gauzy shirt I picked up yesterday== at all places: the hospital gift shop!! It is not my style nor my colors, but..... and a pair of black leggings, and black sandals.. and a clutch. Perhaps a black cardigan also...

This is the one good meal we get during the year. They bring in extra servers, and cooks... Who know how to cook. This year, the sky is the limit!! amazing.... all for one meal....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be scrambled eggs with either an English muffin, OR with biscuits. Depends on my mood at midnight! Dinner will be chicken strips. Lest you think I eat nothing BUT chicken strips, no, I have them 3-4 nights a week. Last night was Swedish meatballs.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, after years of begging, my friend showed me how she makes her chile verde, and her mexican rice, and her refried beans.
The rice and beans were fairly simple, whereas the chile verde required a little more technique (& a secret ingredient). I am so happy and honored that she was willing to take the time to finally show me the ropes. 😊

Chocolate tuxedo cake and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.