What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't a clue about dinner last night. Fortunately, Dear Richard was way ahead of me; when he went down to get gas for the mowers, he stopped at the pizzeria for a couple hoagies. And dinner was served.

Today, for Fathers' Day, I'm making Chicken Stoltfus. It's one of Rick's favorite dishes, but it's a PITB to make. I cooked and boned the chicken yesterday, so I need to do is make and bake the pastry and make the chicken sauce/gravy. With iced tea, a bit of pickled cabbage, and chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went down to the kids,and so we had a feast!Hot dogs,beef and pork steak,loaded potato salad,cole slaw,grilled zucchini,there was shrimp cocktail that we never got to,so I got to bring it home,strawberry shortcake and a carrot cake.Actually have a fridge full of goodies,bless their hearts.Son did most of the cooking as this was a combo Mothers and Fathers Day.Great time ,wonderful visit,perfect day!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a diner in town yesterday with mom & her friend from church for lunch. I had fried breaded/battered mushrooms and a half order of fries with ketchup. I asked for honey to put on the mushrooms. That was okay, but I liked the honey mustard I got another time better. They asked me if I wanted homemade or frozen fries. I didn't know which to pick, but I got homemade. They were okay.

Also got a vanilla cappuccino. They have a machine there.

For dinner I went home and had a bunch of stuff dad made in the fridge, threw together some spaghetti, mixed veggies, vegetarian sausage, hot sauce, soy sauce in the microwave. Probably would have been better on the stove, but I was too tired. Put some cinnamon cashews on top, since I wanted to use them up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was an unusual day since we had a funeral to attend so meals were out of order. I just had a peanut butter and raspberry preserves sandwich at dinner with grapes and strawberries. DH had sliced turkey and swiss on a bagel with chips. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I make apple and cheese quesadillas sometimes for a quick Saturday night supper. They are really good.

Last night I made bbq spareribs in the NFG. With salad and a garlic-parm roll.

We are going out for a late lunch/early supper at a new-to-us restaurant before going to Trader Joe's today.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids sent home some steak,and I wasn't too big a fan.However,simmered it in some mushroom broth for about an hour,made rice pilaf from scratch with veggies in it,and fixed some wax beans from the garden (put 5 qts. in the freezer too) and dinner was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.