What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH is going to try TJ's burritos with beans, cheese and rice. He's never had them before but hopes he'll like them. I'm planning to have spinach tortellini with tomato basil marinara sauce and a spinach salad. We have another serving of the cappuccino gelato from yesterday so may decide to finish it tonight for dessert plus a honeycrisp apple.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was too hot to even think of anything hot to eat. I ended up with another turkey, cheese, sandwich on Italian bread; with some trail mix for dessert.. and a homemade Iced Green Tea Lemonade.

Tonight will be a repeat, using up the last of the turkey..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's still hot and very humid so definitely not turning the oven on tonight. I'm making a bowl with brown rice, green onions, stewed tomatoes, carrots, broccoli & avocado. DH hasn't decided what he's in the mood for yet. Strawberries for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went ahead and made chicken salad with the 2 pieces I had left,so we had chicken salad sandwiches for dinner.There was a little bit of potato salad left that he had and I got to have the first tomato from the garden.It was so good!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I'm going to go down and rip through the freezers to see what I can find. Stay tuned!

ETA: Chicken legs. They're thawing now. I'll marinate them in Italian salad dressing and throw them in the NFG. With a simple chopped salad. With an apple pie, also thawing a bit now.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been living on heirlòom tomato sandwiches this past week. My neighbor's daughter brought them to me from a farmer's vegetable stand. DKB with vegan mayo, tomato, swiss cheese and salt. My favorite thing to eat.

I had the last tomato for lunch today so tonight I'm having Wegmans organic minestrone soup with Triscuits. I've been craving pizza lately so tomorrow I'm going to have some pizza delivered. I went downstairs for lunch today because they had mac & cheese on the menu. But for some reason they found it necessary to add ham to it so I passed on their lunch.

I was told last night that a new resident is vegetarian. I got excited because I thought they might improve their menu a little for us. But I found out she is 91 years old and has dementa. A friend told me she banged on her wall most of the night. So I guess I'm back to just being the only one here. I have not met her yet but she does not seem to know what is going on.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH wanted pizza tonight so I made individual thin crust veggie pizzas. Mine had green & red pepper, zucchini, green onion and spinach leaves. DH had red & green pepper, green onion and organic meatless meatballs. I tried finely shredded Italian blend cheese instead of plain mozzarella. Strawberries for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.