What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
i have stuff i can cook steaks and the like just got zero motivation to cook with gf gone right now
I know you miss GF, but you have to keep eating correctly. You need to keep your strength up. I understand how hard it is to cook for one. I really do.. but not now.. You have a mountain to hike..
Just think how GF would feel, once she comes out of isolation, to find you not eating well !! She would be furious at you!! and disappointed.

Do it for GF.. do it for your own sake..
Please..

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will probably finish up the lasagna and garlic bread,and I think I'll make a salad maybe we can share.Took a container up to our neighbor...her hubby's gone to Florida with his job to get the power back on after Ian....she's never had this kind before.Hope she likes it!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Woo hoo, pizza and garlic bread. :) I was too stuffed for desert.
I dug through the chest freezer looking for some extra cat food (I did not find any) and was really shocked at how much food I have for me that fell to the bottom and I just forgot about. I might actually pull everything out of ALL the freezers, dedicate the chest freezer to the cats and dog, small freezer for me, and big freezer for both of us (for overflow) and make an inventory list that I can easily change as I use. The disorganization is driving me crazy and I don't want to waste food! Plus it would be really nice to see 1 or 2 on an inventory list and know it's time to re-order something. Beats running out then getting mad because I can't get it for a week.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork schnitzel - thin cut center cut boneless pork cutlets pounded even thinner, coated with flour, dipped in beaten egg, coated with bread crumbs. Sauteed in fry pan with a thin film of oil until browned, flipped over, browned on other side. Three little - tiny actually - pancakes of left over flour and bread crumbs stirred into leftover egg.

Served with instant mashed potatoes made with bouillon rather than water, and Green Giant carrots with butter honey sauce.

For dessert Himself had a chocolate chip cookie (I baked this morning) and I had vanilla ice cream.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pork schnitzel - thin cut center cut boneless pork cutlets pounded even thinner, coated with flour, dipped in beaten egg, coated with bread crumbs. Sauteed in fry pan with a thin film of oil until browned, flipped over, browned on other side. Three little - tiny actually - pancakes of left over flour and bread crumbs stirred into leftover egg.

Served with instant mashed potatoes made with bouillon rather than water, and Green Giant carrots with butter honey sauce.

For dessert Himself had a chocolate chip cookie (I baked this morning) and I had vanilla ice cream.
That sounds so heavenly!!
I did some minor meal prep for the week, and I need to clean out the fridge. I had a very late lunch that sat heavy, so no dinner for me.
I have some very well seasoned pork sausage that I like mixing in with frozen veg for a quick meal, so that's thawing ATM.
This morning I went to feed the work cats, and all four were crying and running around awaiting their breakfast of dry food I was going to mix with wet. I came out of the storage room with a bowl of kibble, tripped over Eva, and sent the entire bowl and food flying. Kibble all over the place. The crying stopped immediately like someone flipped a switch and they greedily ate it off the floor. Oh well. At least I didn't have to sweep :p

Status
Not open for further replies.