What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot dogs broiled in toaster oven in toasted buns with a line of mustard, instant mashed potatoes whipped with butter and a pinch of salt, fresh broccoli. Chocolate chocolate chip cookies baked this morning, rather than ice cream.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Gross meal. I told them it was.. their food is getting worse and worse and worse.. man.. ridiculous.
They had pizza.. OMG.. the crust was over an inch thick with not much on top.. ridiculous. The salmon cakes were much smaller than usual. The veggies were over cooked--mush! and the sweet potatoes, were ridiculous.. either baby ones--never saw them so tiny, or so huge that they cut them in half!!! baking them that way, so the juice came out!!

These people do not know how to cook..
Ended up with a salad, and some chicken breast.. the veggies were not fresh.. dam it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gross meal. I told them it was.. their food is getting worse and worse and worse.. man.. ridiculous.
They had pizza.. OMG.. the crust was over an inch thick with not much on top.. ridiculous. The salmon cakes were much smaller than usual. The veggies were over cooked--mush! and the sweet potatoes, were ridiculous.. either baby ones--never saw them so tiny, or so huge that they cut them in half!!! baking them that way, so the juice came out!!

These people do not know how to cook..
Ended up with a salad, and some chicken breast.. the veggies were not fresh.. dam it.
Damn it, I feel your pain! LOL. This place just keeps getting worse. I'm seriously thinking about moving to another place even though it will be more expensive. It's not just the food here, there are other problems. They are taking in people that should be in nursing homes. They don't care about the residents. All they care about is taking our life savings. Lately I have to throw up almost every morning because the odor of urine is so strong comming from my roommates room.

Last night they had Soup Du Jour, American Hamburgers or Grilled Cheese, Tator Tots, Grapes, Capri Blend listed on their menu. What they served us was Beef Vegetable soup, stake sub with tater tots and macaroni salad or a small baked potatoe with a yellow sauce and macaroni salad. They gave me the baked potato and macaroni salad. I had no idea what the yellow sauce was and the macaroni salad had eggs in it. I got up and came upstairs to my room and had a tomato sandwich with swiss cheese. Trying to explain to the two silly servers that acted like 5 year olds that I wanted something vegetarian would have been to difficult.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've missed some days again, and won't bother trying to remember what I had. Tonight, though, was a toasted cheese and (fresh from the garden) tomato sandwich. And an apple for dessert. And now a cup of my Suisse Mocha for my after dinner treat.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken tenders baked in toaster oven after dribbling Ken's Country French salad dressing over them. Shucked corn, steamed, then cut off cob to serve. Excellent!.

After dinner I broke cobs into thirds, added a little more water (one cup to be precise) to the scanty water in the closed pot they'd been steamed in, and simmered for 30 minutes. Corn cob stock is very flavorful, very useful. Anyone else ever make & use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.