What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At a loss what to eat these days and end up with bacon, sausage, egg, bread. Too much going on with the cat situation here. Oh and chocolate of course. .. Maybe next week.... I do have a ready made cottage pie in the freezer for Sunday with garden greens... Love reading your menus!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally broke down and got the ingredients to make the filling for stuffed cabbages, but I couldn't keep out of it and made something like loose hamburgers on hot dog buns. They were pretty good, but now I have to make some more filling before I can make a roaster full of stuffed cabbage!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a fried chicken nugget and potatoes with corn bowl. I have not decided on dinner, yet. I JUST pulled a chocolate cherry cake out of the over, and will be frosting it as soon as it cools down. The next cake on the list is an apple spice cake. MUST learn to make a good caramel frosting!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The tuna loaves didn't materialize last night. After we voted yesterday, we decided to go out for lunch. And then didn't want dinner. So we had Cinnabon ice cream....that was really good! Recipes for the Creami usually include heavy cream and whole milk. We can't have all those calories and fat. I decided to try half-and-half, light cream and skim milk. Rick was leery, but it worked out very well and I'll continue along those lines when making ice creams in the Creami. (Oh, and most of the recipes call for 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Well, you know how I feel about cream cheese. Blah! But you really can't taste it. Thankfully.)

So tonight will be tuna loaves, sweet potatoes, red beets, etc.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a short talk with the new supervisor on Monday. He didn't seem that interested but he did say
he brought some veggy burgers for me. That's a start. He also had soup that didn't have any broth for the last 3 days. Last night I had veggy soup, stake fries and 3 bean salad. Tonight I'm getting soup, broccoli and grapes.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a short talk with the new supervisor on Monday. He didn't seem that interested but he did say he brought some veggy burgers for me. That's a start.
That's a good start and a definite sign of progress. I hope it continues. 🤗

I'm having falafel and veggies, (cauliflower, broccoli & carrots). Another kiwi and honeycrisp apple for dessert. I wish DH would finish the leftover candy from Halloween so I won't be tempted but I've been using my self-control so hopefully he'll finish it tonight. :crossfingers:

Status
Not open for further replies.