What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks good rubysmama rubysmama . I'm not a walnut fan, so they can be omitted. You know I'm pretty sure I have the Moosewood cookbook, somewhere in my mess. I know I have the Frog Commissary cookbook, but I think I have Moosewood, too. I'll have to look for it.
I think it was the original Moosewood cookbook, from the 1970's maybe. :headscratch:

About the walnuts, I checked my photocopy of the recipe, and it says walnuts or cashews. So if you wanted the crunch, and extra protein, you could use cashews.

So tonight was a pretty pathetic dinner. Cinnamon toast for the "main course". And for dessert, frozen vanilla yogurt with chopped banana, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. So not the healthiest of meals, but it did taste good. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was the original Moosewood cookbook, from the 1970's maybe. :headscratch:

About the walnuts, I checked my photocopy of the recipe, and it says walnuts or cashews. So if you wanted the crunch, and extra protein, you could use cashews.

So tonight was a pretty pathetic dinner. Cinnamon toast for the "main course". And for dessert, frozen vanilla yogurt with chopped banana, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. So not the healthiest of meals, but it did taste good. :yummy:
What do you mean tonight was a pretty pathetic dinner? Everything you ate was healthy. Do you vegetairin

What do you mean your dinner was pretty pathetic? Everything you ate was good for you.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was busy again between getting my pickles made and working up elderberries,so we decided on Little Caesars...more berries worked up today so tonight was leftovers.
Where I was growing up there was a big elderberrie bush and my mother would make wine and jelly from the berries. We would also pick blueberries and blackberries that she would use in pies and jam. Those were the good old days.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I can manage enough OOMPH to dice an onion, I'll have hot dogs with onions and cheese. If I do not, I'll have a bowl of cereal, which actually sounds really good about now, OOMPH or not. I do love my cereal. And I have HoneyNut Cheerios!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I fixed grilled pork chops(seasoned them with salt,pepper,ancho chili powder and a shake or 2 of Cajun seasoning...so good!),mashed potatoes and we split a sliced tomato.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On Sunday, I threw together a meatloaf, some coleslaw, and I sprinkled fresh corn with Penzey's Tuscan Seasoning.

We made it to the grocery store last night and they had DiGiornio Pan Pizza on sale. I had 2 $1.00 coupons, so we bought two (Rick really likes the pan pizza). And we threw one in the oven for dinner.

Tonight I'm thinking a combination of turkey meatballs and regular meatballs in subs. Lots of onions, lots of peppers, tomatoes, etc. With a good sprinkling of cheese. And the rest of the coleslaw.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to dice that onion tonight without fail, so...hot dogs with cheese and onions. I'm also going to boil my usual dozen eggs. I find that a boiled egg makes a very satisfying snack, and it keeps me away from sweets. Also, I didn't use all of my raw eggs last month. I float tested them, they're fine, so I boiled those up. I'm going to chop them and put them out by the dumpster late tonight for the Outsiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.