What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is a Naan? That doesn't sound boring to me. :)
neely neely already answered your Naan question. It's a "newer to me" bread, and I love it as a pizza crust. And by boring, I meant when I keep posting the same meals, (i.e. pizza, lasagna, beans & rice) not that the pizza itself was boring. It was actually yummy. And will likely be what I have again tonight. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll actually post later, but

How long will a boiled egg stay fresh?
According to Google, a week. HOWEVER, I've been keeping them for up to 3 weeks my entire life, and have NEVER EVER had one go bad in that time. I boil them while they are VERY fresh, refrigerate them as soon as they are fairly cool. As I said, I've NEVER had one go bad in that 3 week period. ANYTHING you see posted on places like Google will have a pretty good safety net, and will assume that the eggs have been handled as poorly as possible. As with most things culinary, your nose will tell you if you've kept an egg (cooked or raw) one day too long! SNIFF FIRST, eat later.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I thawed a package of bacon out, and nothing else. SO...I'll either scramble some eggs to go with, and throw a slice of bread in the toaster, OR I'll make bacon sandwiches, which is more likely. I can eat bacon sandwiches ALMOST as much as I can eat hot dogs. And that "almost" is simply because the hot dogs are far, far easier and require less clean up.

Think I'll see if Tara can run me to the store tomorrow for more salad fixins.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is. I've gone a bit nuts for maple-glazed bacon.

Speaking of which...I'm trying to broaden my horizons and figure out something to do with Brussels sprouts that would make them taste like something a human would willingly eat. I wondered how they would be shredded, then lightly sauteed with either almonds or pecan or walnut pieces in bacon grease...any thoughts?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made tortilla dough before going to work for a bit and made the tortillas when I got home. I had a ham/cheese/pepper/onion wrap, then ate two more fresh tortillas. That was around 2:30pm, now I'm stuffed.

Maybe I'll boil some eggs and have one for dinner! Now where did I get that idea???? :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is. I've gone a bit nuts for maple-glazed bacon.

Try a maple glazed bacon covered donut :yummy:

Speaking of which...I'm trying to broaden my horizons and figure out something to do with Brussels sprouts that would make them taste like something a human would willingly eat. I wondered how they would be shredded, then lightly sauteed with either almonds or pecan or walnut pieces in bacon grease...any thoughts?
Try these:

Recipe: Cider-Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Recipe: Roasted Potatoes with Bacon & Brussels Sprouts
https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-stovetop-brussels-sprouts-hash-with-crispy-sage-and-walnuts-225066

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.