What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ham. Again. For the last 7 days. Ham. :p

I did put together a chopped ham casserole though, which just came out of the oven for dinner.

Bottom layer of ham, green beans, spiral pasta with herbed cheese sauce, then topped with a layer of pasta sauce, more cheese, some chopped onion and baked. Turned out pretty tasty.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just...NOT FAIR! We used to use it on show horses when they got scrapes, because the injuries would heal without scarring.
That's what he thought too!At least he can have a tablespoon or 2 every now and again.His doctor could have easily said "none ever".We are blessed he's doing so well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made a super quick, super easy, semi-nutritious meal tonight: Cooked some macaroni, mixed in some Cheez Whiz, and microwave steamed broccoli.
LOL, I used to mix broccoli and cauliflower with Cheez Whiz and take it to all of my pot lucks. People kept asking me for the recipe, and I was embarrassed to tell them just how simple it was! I may have doubled the Cheez Whiz stock value during that time period!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just...NOT FAIR! We used to use it on show horses when they got scrapes, because the injuries would heal without scarring.
It works on dogs too if you can keep them from trying to ingest it. :D
I don't know what the hell is on the stove at this stage but it looks like stuffing, tastes like chicken but smells like mustard. :dunno: We'll see if this one moves onto the next stage but I have my doubts :D:thumbsup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I used to mix broccoli and cauliflower with Cheez Whiz and take it to all of my pot lucks. People kept asking me for the recipe, and I was embarrassed to tell them just how simple it was! I may have doubled the Cheez Whiz stock value during that time period!
We got invited to a pot lock at the last minute and had no way of actually bringing a dish, so we ran to this place that's known for their cold salads and bought a few things, arranged them in dishes and showed up and had a nice time...
until everyone started asking us/demanding the recipes. I don't remember how we weaseled our way out of that one :flail:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, thank him for keeping those bees, for me. It is a wonderful thing. I really do love bees.
We have a field that goes dandelion crazy in the spring and when it does, it's bright yellow and the bees mind their own business and enjoy that buffet.
Spray it with weed killer and there's hell to pay. Bees need to eat and do their thing so I can eat.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one we used to buy. I had forgotten all about it but do I ever remember that commercial

View attachment 273619

Hahaha! Loved the chicken tonight commercial!

Ham casserole for lunch. I had some extra pasta/ham/green beans not sauced and I'm still simmering the ham bone with caramelized onion in the crock pot...so I had ham soup for dinner with pasta/ham/green beans.

I did freeze a bunch of ham yesterday and most of the casserole is going to get frozen for lunches later on...just about tired of ham every day. :thud:

I'll feel like chicken tomorrow...or just about anything except for more ham.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is really the final-final day of ham for dinner for a while.

Between yesterday evening and this morning the rest of the ham slices, ham soup, ham casserole, ham bone broth, and ham breakfast tacos all got frozen.

I left out two pieces of ham casserole: one was lunch, the other is dinner tonight.

A 9lb ham for $6.00 sure does s-t-r-e-t-c-h a long way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents can make a whole baked ham last for at least a year. 99% of it ends up being frozen in slices and taken out as needed for various dishes.

I had the last of the slow cooker brown sugar garlic chicken for dinner.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents can make a whole baked ham last for at least a year. 99% of it ends up being frozen in slices and taken out as needed for various dishes.

I had the last of the slow cooker brown sugar garlic chicken for dinner.
This was the first ham I've had since my boss gave me one for Xmas in 2017. That one did last into summer 2018. He didn't give me a ham Xmas 2018 (I was hoping), so when a friend told me about the $10 off coupon, I jumped on it! :yummy:

I only used about 1/2 of it the last 9-10 days on the "ham with everything" diet.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add us to the ham frenzy!
We're trying to condense and use up freezer items before our next big shipment and tonight is frozen ham with frozen corn (and that frozen corn has been surprisingly crisp in the past).
Ham and corn. I guess it's true, you are what you eat :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.