What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not much tonight as we ate at that picnic last night and we're having our own little picnic tomorrow. I think I shall let Rick fend for himself and I'll just throw together some salad for me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
either take out with fried seafood or left over salad n chicken fingers. not sure what Jon is in the mood for. Last night he got heart burn from the fried onion rings we ate at 11am. so i think i will try to talk him into unfried food tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are having a bit of a picnic for our July 4 holiday.Rick's mom is coming for dinner. 

We are doing Delmonico steaks on the charcoal grill this afternoon. I have some crock pot beans left over from Saturday and I made a small bowl of potato salad.

Rick's mother asked for Texas toast....well, we don't buy Texas toast. I took a loaf of homemade egg braided bread out of the freezer and cut that in half (put the remaining half back into the freezer). I'm going to cut the bread into 1-inch slices. I'll make a garlic butter and slather that onto both sides of the slices, then Rick can throw them on the grill. After they're toasted, I have a mix of four cheeses that we'll sprinkle onto a side of the bread and let the cheese melt a little bit. Then I'll sprinkle with a bit of basil and oregano. Hopefully that will be a good version of Texas toast. We don't ever buy anything like that and I'm not making a special trip to the store.

I made a pitcher of sweetened mint tea for Rick and a pitcher of unsweetened mint tea that I'm infusing with orange and lemon slices for Rick's mom and me.

Dessert will be a Dutch apple crumb pie that I took out of the freezer and baked last night; Rick's mom asked me if I had used all the apple pies that I had baked....I told her there was one pie left and we could have it today, so she was happy. With a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. And a mug of coffee.

janem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy 4th bonepicker! Made a seitan roast beef yesterday and was going to make bbq sandwiches with fries on the side. Well cravings for hot roast beef sandwiches with smashed potatoes won over. I'll make some kind of veg for a side.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No dinner around here tonight. Hubby made us lunch. He cook prime rib steak burgers on the grill. I served them with fresh corn on the cob and baked beans. Everybody is on their own the rest of the day. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I are going to head over to the farmers' market today over lunch. I want to get some zucchini and mushrooms for dinner tonight. One nice red pepper. Thought I could spiralize the zucchini, saute some onion, mushrooms, the red pepper slices, and garlic, add some freshly chopped tomatoes to the pan and take it from there. A bit of fresh basil, a bit of fresh oregano, and some shredded Parmesan. Maybe with a garlic Parmesan roll from the freezer. That should do it for supper tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another spiralized zoodle recipe This one uses spiralized zucchini with ham, peas, and cheese. Should be good.

I love using the spiralizer for zucchini! 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're thinking of vegetarian burgers on the grill tonight

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The lettuce in our garden is getting overgrown, so some type fo salad. I'm thinking either a scallop caeser or sausage and apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.