What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

janem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BBQ Chickun seitan....been experimenting with different recipes and techniques...this one is almost right.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The construction workers were just outside my house at dinner time tonight so I couldn't bbq. I quickly threw together chicken roll ups and we had salad with it.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rest of the artichoke dip and blue corn tortilla chips from dinner (we went out) last night. It was an appetizer but huge. So delicious too!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick has training again today and he's not sure what time he'll be home this afternoon, so we're eating whatever we feel like making. He's having lunch at the training facility, so he's not eating much for supper. I'll probably just throw together a salad for myself.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pasta with cannellini beans, sauteed onions and garlic, chopped tomatoes, and broccoli. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A huge salad with red kidney beans and hard boiled egg...delish..feta cheese also.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's either going to be a piece of pizza with a salad or pad thai made with zucchini noodles.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

A huge salad with red kidney beans and hard boiled egg...delish..feta cheese also.
Oooh, yum. Love feta. Sounds like a good salad!

Not sure. I took a chicken breast out of the freezer last night, but stuck it right in the fridge, so it's still rock-hard. I don't think I'll be using it tonight. I'm contemplating putting together a small platter of sliced veggies with some kind of dip. We have broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, carrots, celery, and tomatoes. I do this often when Rick is away and it's just me at home. I don't know how he'd like it, though.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I had taken those chicken breasts out of the freezer Thursday night and they weren't quite thawed by Friday, so we're having them tonight.

Chicken fajitas, but no tortillas. I'm going to saute the peppers, onions, and seasonings, but instead of putting it all in the tortillas, I'm going to cut a pocket in the chicken breast and everything inside the chicken breasts. Then bake them, add a bit of shredded cheese and bake again til the cheese melts a bit. (Well, I'll probably grill them instead of baking.)

Rick will have his with some grilled potato planks and I'm making a salad for me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Those stuffed chicken breasts were really good! I wrapped them in foil and threw them on the grill. 

Shrimp kebobs with pineapple, peppers, and pearl onions on the grill tonight over some of Trader Joe's brown rice trilogy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

gonna try that baked chicken on the grill-that's a really good idea. we love onions and peppers etc. Hopefully it wont be 90 when I go to cook them.
How was your chicken? Did you like it?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
meh. It was ok. I got this marinade/salad dressing called smoky tomato. i put that in the bottom with onion pepper and chicken on top. I sliced a big divet in the chicken and stuffed the veggies in there. i forgot the garlic and spices. so I used the marinade all over. the chicken was still frozen. took an hour in the oven. its not bad-but I guess I am so used to resteraunt food that now we are trying to eat fresh wholesome food I am finding it bland. I did buy some type of chiptle seasoning that next time I will add that in it. I love Creole type flavors or Indian with curry or other zesty flavors. I am having a hard time doing low sodium-I think part of my problem with swelling and pain is the salt. Everything has soo much salt so this is something I am trying to adjust to. It would be great if food companies cut way back on sodium. I didnt cook anything else with it. Just ate some bean type crackers. I am still hungry but going to have a jello and hit the sack. sorry so wordy...next time I think it will taste better with bread crumbs or olive oil. 

Status
Not open for further replies.