What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think tonight is just going to be scrambled eggs. I'm going to be out late this afternoon with no time to cook.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
having a deli rare roast beef with provolone cheese roll-up.. perhaps some lettuce also..along with some chips.. an easy supper.. and I will be eating early...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My sweet, precious maintenance man brought me his spare microwave, so tonight I'll be having a pork chop and steamed cauliflower!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm thinking i'll make a grilled cheese sandwich, possibly heat up some tomato soup, and finish off the canned sliced peaches. maybe a couple oatmeal peanut butter sandwich cookies, to top off the meal.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom made chicken parmesean and gave me some and salad. So good. I will have rocky road ice cream for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

My mom made chicken parmesean and gave me some and salad. So good. I will have rocky road ice cream for dessert.
That sounds good. And I love rocky road anything. 

We are visiting with friends tonight. She mentioned calling out for pizza, so I'm assuming that will be supper. Sounds good to me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WOW....SO glad I came here today!  I had forgotten to take the ground turkey out of the freezer.  Tonight's meal is going to be shepherds' pie, made with the ground turkey.

A friend gave me a frozen pack of ground pork, THREE POUNDS WORTH!  Yesterday, I thawed it, and browned it with red peppers, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.  It tastes almost like sausage. Cooled it, divided it into 3 1-pound packs, and froze that.  I'm going to try a shepherds' pie with the ground pork next month.  The rest will go in spaghetti sauce.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

WOW....SO glad I came here today!  I had forgotten to take the ground turkey out of the freezer.  Tonight's meal is going to be shepherds' pie, made with the ground turkey.

A friend gave me a frozen pack of ground pork, THREE POUNDS WORTH!  Yesterday, I thawed it, and browned it with red peppers, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.  It tastes almost like sausage. Cooled it, divided it into 3 1-pound packs, and froze that.  I'm going to try a shepherds' pie with the ground pork next month.  The rest will go in spaghetti sauce.
Three pounds! Nice! (A few years ago, my boss gave me some sausage he had made from a wild boar that he had killed while hunting down south. I used it on a pizza and it was just delicious.)

My BIL makes his own sausage (he used to be a butcher many, many moons ago and manned his family's butcher shop). It's delicious; he gave us some bulk sausage and some links, both sweet and hot. It's so good. He also makes his own scrapple. I'm not a big scrapple fan, but boy, his scrapple is really good, too. I told him that the next time he made sausage, I wanted to help; I've never made sausage before and I think it would be an experience for me. He and I made sauerkraut last year and we had a good time; we work together well.

Tonight we will forego supper and have some munchies while watching movies. I'm making a loaf of batter bread, baking it in a round layer pan. Let it cool, slice the loaf in half horizontally, then fill it with meats and cheeses, tomatoes, etc. I make my own spread and slather that between the layers. Wrap in foil and bake to let the cheeses melt into the loaf. Unwrap, cool a bit, then slice. It's really good. We only do this on NYE; it's become a tradition. We're also having a bit of shrimp and some stuffed mushrooms. Rick has his Tostitos and salsa. I was going to do wings, too, but I think I'll let them go.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a sliced turkey sandwich, potato salad (with lots of diced celery and carrots in it, extra veggies for me), and i'm thinking i'll open a can of some type of fruit and have some of that too. maybe an oatmeal peanut butter sandwich cookie or two, for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.