What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steak from a baby chicken with very nice chips - sorry, fries) and a chopped salad.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I took pork chops out of the freezer last night. Probably grilled on the indoor grill with some garlic green beans and some mashed butternut. I'll put the chops in marinade today when I go home at lunch to walk Miss J.
Forgot all about the pork chops and the marinade when I got home yesterday and then we were out and about last night, so I didn't use them...I made tuna melts and salad instead because til we got home, we were really hungry and Rick didn't feel like waiting around for dinner.

So the pork chops will be tonight's dinner instead.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is steak from a chicken
In simple terms, a Chicken steak is a cut from the beef shoulder and is a distant cousin to the New York Strip. Some people call it a Denver steak. It's a fairly tender cut if prepared properly.

However, since Stewball eats quite a bit of chicken, she might be referring to a chicken breast that has been pounded flat then dredged in flour and fried (similar to how you would do it for chicken cordon bleu). 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="bonepicker" url="/t/290275/whats-for-dinner-2015/1830#post_3883. 8"]
What is steak from a chicken[/quote]

I presume it's part of the chicken breast not breaded but fried like a steak. That's all I can tell you. Sorry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spicy fish in a spicy sauce with chick peas and.other stuff in it with mashedpotatoes.
Very nice.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken noodle soup, and a grilled cheese sandwich -- using up 2 of the 3 last slices from a loaf of bread. i'll use that last slice of bread for toast with my breakfast tomorrow morning.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted something warm tonight - right now it's 34F and dropping down to 25F. What better to heat the house and everything in it than some chicken and shrimp Jambalya! 

But, I did it with a twist this time... 

About a month ago, I ordered some Berebere spice from Ethiopia to make some Doro Wat. It is a red and hot spice made from a combination of spices, so I figured, Why not? OMG! It is warmmmmmmmm in the house tonight and I am lovin' it!  I love mixing and matching recipes and ideas and coming up with something just a 'little different'! And, while this is different from my regular Jambalaya, in that it added some kick to it, it's really not all that different... I'm thinking this might become my steadfast recipe from now on! Oh, and I made some cornbread in my cast iron skillet to go with it! 

Status
Not open for further replies.