What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbecued baby back ribs, grilled zucchini and asparagus and chicken stock brown rice with peas and carrots pilaf.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a restaurant called Benedict which serves breakfasts and is open 24 hours.
I had very hot rolls that came butter, jam by chocolate spread. I ate one roll with butter. Then came my eggs florentine, like Benedict but with spinach and I had bacon on top of the spinach band two beautifully poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. Girls, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was glorious. I could quite easily have had two portions but I controlled myself. I then had a roll with butter and jam, something sweet. Oh a very fresh little salad came with eggs. Now when can

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a restaurant called Benedict which serves breakfasts and is open 24 hours.
I had very hot rolls that came butter, jam by chocolate spread. I ate one roll with butter. Then came my eggs florentine, like Benedict but with spinach and I had bacon on top of the spinach band two beautifully poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. Girls, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was glorious. I could quite easily have had two portions but I controlled myself. I then had a roll with butter and jam, something sweet. Oh a very fresh little salad came
with eggs. Now when can
Igo to Tel Aviv again.......

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled chicken on top of baby greens and veggie salad with goat cheese and croutons. I'm having vinagrette dressing on mine.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a little ham left over from me making that soup, so I'm thinking of stuffed omelets tonight. Or a frittata. One or the other. I also have some bacon that I need to use up--can't freeze it as it was already frozen. Of course, I could always fry it, then crumble it and then refreeze it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had very hot rolls that came butter, jam by chocolate spread. I ate one roll with butter. Then came my eggs florentine, like Benedict but with spinach and I had bacon on top of the spinach band two beautifully poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. Girls, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was glorious. I could quite easily have had two portions but I controlled myself. I then had a roll with butter and jam, something sweet. Oh a very fresh little salad came with eggs. Now when can
that sounds amazing. I want some right now. So you can find bacon near you? That's good. A world without bacon is like a world without sunshine. 

I adore hollandaise sauce. It's so simple yet so good. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that sounds amazing. I want some right now. So you can find bacon near you? That's good. A world without bacon is like a world without sunshine. :lol3:

I adore hollandaise sauce. It's so simple yet so good. 
I was in Tel Aviv which is a half hour drive from me. There are plenty of non kosher restaurants in Israel.
If i want to buy some myself i have to go to the next town so I don't usually bother but this restaurant is wonderful. They have all sorts of breakfasts from around the world but it's eggs florentine for me always.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A group of us from work is going out to Red Robin tonight for dinner. We normally go for Mexican, but found out that our favorite (and pretty much only area) Mexican restaurant closed down. Shame, too, as they had delicious margaritas. Somebody suggested Red Robin and it's been a while since any of us were there, so Red Robin it is. I'm meeting one of the ladies 30 minutes earlier because we're pretty close and it's been a long time since we've seen each other. 

And then after dinner, she and I are driving down to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and more "we" time.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

A group of us from work is going out to Red Robin tonight for dinner. We normally go for Mexican, but found out that our favorite (and pretty much only area) Mexican restaurant closed down. Shame, too, as they had delicious margaritas. Somebody suggested Red Robin and it's been a while since any of us were there, so Red Robin it is. I'm meeting one of the ladies 30 minutes earlier because we're pretty close and it's been a long time since we've seen each other. 

And then after dinner, she and I are driving down to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and more "we" time.
Red Robin has such great burgers. it's a good thing the closest one to me is over an hour away 
  I don't like their fries but the burgers are awesome. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not crazy about their fries either, but I do like their Black & Blue burgers. Love blue cheese.

I'm having a margarita, too. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not crazy about their fries either, but I do like their Black & Blue burgers. Love blue cheese.

I'm having a margarita, too. 
 Steak fries never come out crispy and I hate soggy fries.  blue cheese is so good.

You got good news today. Make it a top shelf margarita! you deserve it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.