What's Adelaide been up to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Hey! You've got a new siggy!
Yep - do you like it? I planned it for when ownership of the humans was officially transferred on Saturday - after Saturday I officially became slave to Princess Lily

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it just gets better and better. Addie's having to do without me for a couple of days apart from a chat to her as I go by. I can't bend or stretch.

Hubby went out to make a cup of tea and SHE WALKED UP TO HIM - she sat in the hall whilst he moved around in the kitchen. I could hear him talking to her - telling her not to get spooked by the other kitties and this was as much her home as their's
bless him. Then he was really happy because we had some ham in the fridge and she took it from his fingers - that's the closest she's been to him for any sustained period since before she went to the Vet.

The only thing is - now he's got to face daughter and tell her that she can only have one ham sandwich tomorrow and will have to choose something else for the other one
. He's such a big softie.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today, Adelaide took another tiny, but momentous step.

When daughter walked through the dining room - Addie came to demand a fuss from her. So she knelt down on the carpet and Addie started to have her fuss. Then she rubbed all around daughter's back, just like she does mine. She's never done that before, but didn't have a second's hesitation.

That's two of us now she has treated to such a sweet and trusting gesture. She is a brave and beautiful girl.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep - strangely she's getting on with people much better than other kitties now. The reverse was true when she first came in. I think there's a bit of territory marking going on between the felines at the moment.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth,

She's going to be spoiled with you home. Hope you are feeling well today.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Beth,

She's going to be spoiled with you home. Hope you are feeling well today.
Yes thanks Chris, I'm feeling well. Although I can't bend down to fuss her or stretch, so she's not getting much from me - I think that's why she's fussing the others so much, which isn't a bad thing.

Since she escaped outside that day and returned she followed the other kitties through the cat flap a couple of times (she was now slim enough to get through
). Anyway she's been so content going out and coming back that we've let her in and out on demand.

She actually doesn't want that much - she just wants to sit outside the conservatory door on the patio for a couple of hours a day (coincidentally, that's where our chicken run is!!!) and then come back in. She is so happy and content, not bored and sleeping all the time and she is always in for early evening and stays in all night with the other kitties.

This morning was beautiful.....nice big fat snowflakes were falling and Adelaide was jumping around the patio catching snowflakes - I wish I'd been fast enough with the camera.
When she saw me watching her, she looked at me with the softest, happiest eyes and, after a while, wandered in to the warmth of her radiator.

I know indoor/outdoor isn't everybody's cup of tea - but for our three big fluffies that's how they are happiest.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I think today Adelaide has reached a milestone.

Since hubby had to catch her (twice) to bundle her into the carrier to go to the vet, Adelaide has been frightened of him. We've been working on building up her trust with him. After I had my surgery it was particularly good as I couldn't bend down to fuss her, so she had hubby or nobody.

She began by coming up to him to take treats out of his hand. Then she started to run up to him when he entered the room and would roll over for him.

This morning....he sat on the floor and she came up to me for a fuss. We sat close by each other. After rubbing around my legs for a while, she wandered over to hubby and looked at him for a few seconds then wandered away. She came back to me for a bit more fuss, then wandered over to hubby again. This time she gave him a HEADBUTT
. This guy who had said it was ok if she didn't fuss him, and how he was happy for her to have a good relationship with me but not him; was grinning from ear to ear. She rubbed around him for a while, then sloped off to eat her breakfast

A real milestone for Adelaide - she has now headbutted every member of the household!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here you are Auntie Dan!!

I suppose it's a good thing that there is not a great deal to say - because she is just like a normal kitty

She has taken to the back garden wonderfully and it's her domain now - when she's outside, she never leaves it. She is best friends with Tippy and follows her around the garden all day. She's taken to following hubby too and trots around the garden after him quite happily. She's becoming interested in the inside of the house again - she went off that for a while after being allowed outside and had enough on her mind trying to fit in all her garden exploring and sleeping in the conservatory as well
. The conservatory is her room - she is always there in the evening, at night and on cold or damp days. The garden is her sunny weather, daytime place.

She feels no need to run and hide anymore and sleeps anywhere - right out in the open. Here is a picture I snapped of her, through the dining room window (that's why you can see light reflections in it) fast asleep on her favourite floor mat

She is such a beautiful girl and such a sweet kitty. Unlike 10 months ago she can play now and loves chasing leaves and insects in the garden. She has a very special place in our hearts.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwwwww thankyou Beth!!!! She is just so precious and looks so calm sleeping there
how brilliant is that

How wonderful that her and Tippy have become firm friends - never would of guessed that would happen when you first brought her inside!
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

She has a very special place in our hearts.
and she certainly does hold a special place in my heart as well

Thankyou so much Bethn - give her special hugs from her Auntie Dan