What Would You Call This Point Color?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby girl Mystic that I took in summer of 2016 is a beauty, and I think she's finally settled into her adult coat. Initially, she was almost white, a sad looking, scared survivor of a roaming tom who killed her littermates to bring mom back into estrus. A friend of mine didn't know what was happening until she saw the male, with one dead kitten beside him and one in his mouth, and, a few feet away, this sweet, scared little feral girl the last one left alive, untouched except for a broken tail. She was so full of fear in her first months, of humans, of other cats. She took to me quickly, and that's how I became friends with the lady who saved her. "If she chose you to take her, I want you to take her." She darkened quickly as she grew, but I think she's finally done. I'm usually pretty good with coat colors, but she's a tad tricky, at least to my only somewhat trained eye.

What point would you call this? Note the fawn splotches on her white back. Sorry for the filters. If you haven't noticed, I like to "Artsify' my pictures, haha. Comes from being a digital artist.

A dazzling view of her stunning blue eyes, and the white streaks we say are where the tears for her lost siblings washed the color off her beautiful feline cheeks when she was just a month old. This photo is the most recent, only a week or two old.

Mystic (right) and her adopted kittenhood playmate/brother Magick(left); we adopted him to give her another kitten to play with and ease the loss of her littermates. She was afraid of him at first, and went into a hissing, PTSD-like panic whenever he was winning their play, even close to puberty, but they now play with ease. She's come a long way, through our love and socializing her to trust people and other cats.

It wasn't Magick that brought her the most solace, though, but my half Maine Coon/Half Siamese, Hex, who was two years old when Mystic came home. He was cat of the week a couple of years ago because he has a very nurturing personality. I posted many pictures of him sleeping with young kittens, giving them a surrogate mom, even if they couldn't nurse. He won many hearts, and has helped me save many very young kittens. His outgoing and friendly nature made him great for cat socializing orphans. He's very tolerant with play, and will play back very gently. . . At least until we got Alaska. That's a whole different story. He's scared of the fluffy white crazy fuzzball. But Mystic found this large, strong male, this gentle giant, who was part Siamese, like her, as a guiding and nurturing figure in her kittenhood. She grew up to be enamoured with him, and it's rare to find the two apart. They do make a lovely couple, and to a cat, two years isn't much of an age difference, especially when both cats are altered anyway. :p She likes Magick, but loves Hex.

IMG_20170513_172433_929.jpg

So, what color point is this pretty girl, with a tragic start, who, with the help of friends human and feline, grew up to be a happy, sociable young lady who can live free of the fear that tormented her kittenhood?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's funny she and Hex then are so close, since he's a traditional silver lynx point.