• 8 Non-pedigree, long hair

• 9 Non-pedigree, short/medium hair

• 10 Will pick on the spot what appeals to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what you know or feel about cats, which kind would you choose to adopt?

Some prefer a pedigree for its looks and predictable characteristics.
Others visit instead their local cat shelter, in the belief that rescued cats make the best pets, because they remember that you rescued them.
Others still, don’t have a plan, but adopt on a “love at first sight” basis.

As the number of choices for such a poll would be enormous, I’ve restricted them to what I consider the 10 most likely alternatives:

Last edited:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ive informed our cats they must live to their 30s. That'll bring my wife and I to our 60s. I think that'll make our current cats our last cats, unless I ever become comfortable to afford a really large cat breed like a savannah.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our present cat who is a rescued Persian is a senior and getting up in years. Unfortunately he's been having some health issues lately so if and when something happens to him I would be so crushed that I can't even think about what my next cat would be. However, my heart is in adoption/rescue. :hearthrob:

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I'll have more cats. Phoebe's coming up nine and Daisy six. If they each get another decade of life I'll be seventy, and I have no idea what my health or circumstances will be then. Assuming I ever do have another, I'll adopt from the local shelter. Adult DSH, hopefully with no health issues, and used to being an indoor-only cat, is all I'd be thinking of.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IF I ever got another cat, but I doubt it because of my age, it would be a Siamese. Wouldn't have to be purebred, just actually look like one because it has enough of the breed in it. I was raised with purebred Siamese, and have had MANY cats with bright blue eyes and the points. EVERY one of tehm has been quite the character. their personalities are as big as their hearts. If you are lonely, consider one. Their antics, constant 'talking' and being 'people' cats will brighten the darkest day!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maggie is super long haired, but she brushes her own dang self with her teeth! She's feral, so she doesn't want us brushing her. She takes care of herself. Ha!
View attachment 461623
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! We just groomed a cat today that looks a lot like her! I love the little white tippy toes :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! We just groomed a cat today that looks a lot like her! I love the little white tippy toes :)
I agree, she reminds me of one of our former cats, Sylvester. He was a big guy, also black/white and medium-longhair.:bicolorcat:
I also agree that grooming is a problem and much easier with a shorthaired cat.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, she reminds me of one of our former cats, Sylvester. He was a big guy, also black/white and medium-longhair.:bicolorcat:
I also agree that grooming is a problem and much easier with a shorthaired cat.
Next kitten I get is going to learn what bathing, drying, etc. is all about. Especially if it's a long haired floof! Goof's coat is short but SO thick and I keep thinking how great he would look if he could have a bath, but, I value my life enough to not even try. 🤣

ReginaldElton

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always had either adopted rescues or barn cats. I just got my first Maine Coon and am totally in love. His personality is amazing. I would love love love to have another. However, I do feel guilty at the expense and contributing to more kitties in the world. So will I get another... probably not. It's a long way off. My house is currently full. But when the time comes it will probably be from the shelter or a stray that just decided I was it's new home.