What will my kittens look like?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wow what gorgeous kitties :heart4:

Mom cat is white but the white gene is a masking colour, so it masks all others colours that the cat could actually be.
For example mom cat could actually be a black or red cat under that white coat. So with out knowing what her parents colours were its very hard to say what the kitten colours might be.

Father looks a to be seal coloured which means black.

Male kittens take their colour genes from mom cat only
So male kittens could be all white
or white and ??? ( the other colour mom cat carries that is being masked by the white gene )

Female kittens take a colour gene from both mom and father
So female kittens could be
Black and white
Or black and ??? ( the other colour being masked )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmykittiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That was a very interesting fact sheet. Thanks! The white cat has a small spot of light Grey on her head so that has to be her hidden color. Since grey and seal are dilutes they should only produce dilutes right?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That was a very interesting fact sheet. Thanks! The white cat has a small spot of light Grey on her head so that has to be her hidden color. Since grey and seal are dilutes they should only produce dilutes right?
Seal is not a dilute of black. Seal is just another name for black :nod:

Blue is the dilute of black ;)

So unless the father carries the dilute blue gene, there will be no dilute kittens :D
Both parents must be or carry the dilute gene for kittens to be dilute

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey just wondering when mine are older what kittens they would produce please? If I was to put my cream/ginger boy to the black girl and to the tabby girl thankyou x
Cream and black would produce tortishell girls and black boys.

Cream and tabby would produce most likely tabby.

Please note that this is a pro spay and neuter website. As such, I strongly encourage you to get all your cats/kittens spayed and neutered without breeding them. There is a severe overpopulation of cats in the world and not enough homes to go around. Millions will die every year for want of a home (both in shelters and alone on the streets).

If you want to have kittens in your home please consider becoming a foster parent for your local rescue. All the joys of kittens without adding to the existing population .

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What will there kittens look like The female is the orange tabby and the male is the mackerel tabby
Please seperate the two of them, he will continuously mate with her, and can get her pregnant right after she gives birth. It is irresponsible to let them keep reproducing.