What type of cat might this be?

Izhp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, can you help me identify the possible breed of my lovely adopted cat? She is highly intelligent, curious, playful, energetic, athletic, always follows me around, even sleeps with me, it is very specific about when she wants, or not to be cuddled. Used to be afraid of strangers, but now she always comes out and curiously smells them and even lets them pet her gently, but never too much. Then she goes back to doing whatever she was doing before. Gray, shimmering color, very soft to the touch. Pink paws. Sheds a bit, but not a lot. Communicative...
FCBBC5BD-9B77-4F44-8EE5-58ED1D4C9CF5.jpeg
7B71AADC-47D1-408E-96F4-CA1090CB81A9.jpeg
6B066025-7F44-491E-86DD-CE4DBD54421E.jpeg
7F7791A5-9753-4E73-8593-F27D56DBE3FF.jpeg
D633D0BD-E87B-4065-AA06-7EC703EAEDA8.jpeg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She's got the cubby head shape, sweet expression, and coloring of a Russian Blue. She seems so happy to be in her new home. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Izhp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's got the cubby head shape, sweet expression, and coloring of a Russian Blue. She seems so happy to be in her new home. :)
Thank you! The people at the shelter thought she might be a Russian Blue, too, but she also looks like a Korat cat and definitely has similarities of the character and I wasn’t sure. She does seem happy in her new home and is now the boss of me and the entire home and is very much loved. 😊

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe her as a blue domestic shorthair. She's beautiful and sounds like a great cat!

Blue is a common color in the domestic cat population and doesn't indicate any particular breed ancestry. Other than color, I'm not seeing any resemblance to the Russian Blue or Korat breeds in these pictures. The Russian blue is a long legged, slender cat and is typically a much lighter blue in color than your cat. The Korat has a distinctive heart shaped face and is extremely rare. Most cats are not any particular breed and are also not "mixed" with any breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Izhp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would describe her as a blue domestic shorthair. She's beautiful and sounds like a great cat!

Blue is a common color in the domestic cat population and doesn't indicate any particular breed ancestry. Other than color, I'm not seeing any resemblance to the Russian Blue or Korat breeds in these pictures. The Russian blue is a long legged, slender cat and is typically a much lighter blue in color than your cat. The Korat has a distinctive heart shaped face and is extremely rare. Most cats are not any particular breed and are also not "mixed" with any breed.
Thank you so much for your help!