What to Do?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, here we are again. I got a phone call from Fluffy's owner on Monday. That's the first time he's made contact since February 12th. Could he visit Fluffy on Tuesday. No problem I said. Tuesday afternoon, I get a text saying something's come up and he can't make it, could he come on Thursday instead? No problem.

He was supposed to come up at 5pm. 5pm came and went and no sign of him and no contact either. This time it did inconvenience me as I had a lot to do earlier so ended up rushing things and bouncing off the walls like a demented frizbee :rolleyes: He'll probably get in contact over the next couple of days with the excuses of "I fell asleep"/"forgot it was Thursday"/"something came up" yada yada yada.

I suspect he's drinking again and probably back on the weed. There is now no way he will get Fluffy back. I'd never have an easy mind. What if he locked her out in the freezing cold and forgot about her? What if he went out, left her locked indoors with no food or water for days on end? It just doesn't bear thinking about.
bouncing off the walls like a demented frizbee
I really hope he doesn't make contact again because if he does I'll rip him a new one and I don't mince my words.
I think keeping her now is your best bet. This has gone on way too long and at this point, it would only upset Fluffy to be uprooted.
Do you have food/vet bill receipts? I'd hang onto all of them just in case he would get crappy about this, but as little contact as he's made and as little effort as he's put into seeing her, I really don't see him doing much about it.
"bouncing off the walls like a demented frizbee" Gave me a good laugh and a visual. I think we've all been there! :)